A pretty good summary of our basketball season so far

aujeff11

Very good summary. My hope is by suspending Canty we get a motivated Canty back either this year or next year. It also appears that Dunans may qualify for a medical Redshirt which would be great as we would have him for 2 more years. Even though he didn't say it directly he seems to think that we will have Purifoy and Reed next year. Now if New Williams can get to 100% healthy and develop into a PG with the new players coming in next year we should finally start to see what Pearl can do both as a recruiter and as a floor coach.

Very good summary. My hope is by suspending Canty we get a motivated Canty back either this year or next year. It also appears that Dunans may qualify for a medical Redshirt which would be great as we would have him for 2 more years. Even though he didn't say it directly he seems to think that we will have Purifoy and Reed next year. Now if New Williams can get to 100% healthy and develop into a PG with the new players coming in next year we should finally start to see what Pearl can do both as a recruiter and as a floor coach.

Canty is gone now. TSD too, probably. We certainly need some bigs along with a GT PG now. This season has been awful other than the wins against Kentucky, Bama, and UAB. We SHOULD have a lot of pieces next year, so I doubt this season is a real setback.

I really hope the Dunans redshirt thing is true because if we can have him for 2 more seasons that will be a great thing for our building process. I don't particularly foresee him being a guy who leaves with eligibility left on the table unless he progresses at an above average rate this off-season.

Canty is gone now. TSD too, probably. We certainly need some bigs along with a GT PG now. This season has been awful other than the wins against Kentucky, Bama, and UAB. We SHOULD have a lot of pieces next year, so I doubt this season is a real setback.

I agree. As much as I would love to see Shamsid-Deen on the team, I don't want him out there if its going to damage his future. The injuries have plagued him for two years and at some point you have to just say, its not worth it. He's got a long life ahead of him and if not playing basketball helps make that better then that's what needs to happen. Even the announcers tonight said that we should be a force in 2 years. Seems a lot understand what Pearl is dealing with both from what he inherited in the program to the massive number of injuries that have piled up this year.

I agree. As much as I would love to see Shamsid-Deen on the team, I don't want him out there if its going to damage his future. The injuries have plagued him for two years and at some point you have to just say, its not worth it. He's got a long life ahead of him and if not playing basketball helps make that better then that's what needs to happen. Even the announcers tonight said that we should be a force in 2 years. Seems a lot understand what Pearl is dealing with both from what he inherited in the program to the massive number of injuries that have piled up this year.

Yeah it's one thing when we have a depleted roster and its another if our roster is not depleted and yet we are still getting blown out. The former is obviously the case for us.

Archived