Graduating transfers

TexasTiger

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not somebody I expect us to go after..

Daquan Cook recently dismissed UNLV reserve PG and will be a graduate transfer for someone.

He is a pure PG not a scorer, but probably not worth the risk with off/on court issues.

I like where this is going.

Kind of the UK mindset of one and done......

Except from the other end.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your rejected, miscreants yearning to be free....."

:partey:

I like where this is going.

Kind of the UK mindset of one and done......

Except from the other end.

"Give me your tired, your poor, your rejected, miscreants yearning to be free....."

:partey:/>

College graduates-- think Russell Wilson, Tyler Harris.

Don't we have a freshman coming in that is supposed to be pretty good?

That's what we hear....and if we happen to get a grad PG who takes the starting role, what happens to the development of the freshman? A year later we are back to squawking about lack of experience. And of course with much discussed tendency of BB players to transfer at the first thought that they are not getting enough playing time, who knows which promising freshman takes a hike before he plays ?.

We just doomed..................

Nope...just go ahead and bite the bullet and keep some of these quality freshmen around, help them develop their skills and then enjoy some good teams when they are juniors and seniors.

That's what we hear....and if we happen to get a grad PG who takes the starting role, what happens to the development of the freshman? A year later we are back to squawking about lack of experience. And of course with much discussed tendency of BB players to transfer at the first thought that they are not getting enough playing time, who knows which promising freshman takes a hike before he plays ?.

Who said we were getting a grad PG? I don't see where CBP is recruiting one. We sorely lack in depth and it will take a couple of years to get that depth. When we get depth we will be playing faster than we are now or so I believe. CBP came into a real lack of players on the team. He had a decent recruiting year but it will take some more quality guys. Plus the injury bug has hit this team and it isn't pretty...

Yes, we have a FR PG coming in. If he can play and this year's injured starter doesn't return that will make one real PG. I hope not to go down this year's road again.

Very rarely do you see a True frosh PG come in and start day one. New Williams just hasn't been the same since his knee surgery which has slowed th development. Bruce even said if he'd not gotten hurt before he got to AU he'd be playing at UCLA or USC. I think we'll take a grad guy for a mentor year for Williams and Harper.

Very rarely do you see a True frosh PG come in and start day one. New Williams just hasn't been the same since his knee surgery which has slowed th development. Bruce even said if he'd not gotten hurt before he got to AU he'd be playing at UCLA or USC. I think we'll take a grad guy for a mentor year for Williams and Harper.

Maybe a mentor...but most of the grad-trans are looking for one last shot to show their "stuff" for the NBA and ...JMO, but not likely to be mentoring a freshman player.

My view....we have a rising Soph in Williams and incoming frosh.....so work them into the system and hope to have something solid there for a three more years at least. If we are looking for a grad-trans it might be wise to get a better handle on the likelihood of Reed playing next season...and perhaps trying to find a big man somewhere....even if he's nothing but a "presence" inside on defense.

I totally disagree and I see great times ahead.

After 7 years inferno you should know my :drippingsarcasm7pa::hellyeah: :jossun:

Nope...just go ahead and bite the bullet and keep some of these quality freshmen around, help them develop their skills and then enjoy some good teams when they are juniors and seniors.

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

We also have Klein (sp?) and that Allison kid who could give us some minutes at PG if needed. Both are walk-ons so of course not the ideal situation. I'm just going to go ahead and assume that Taj won't play any more meaningful minutes with the team. Even if he does try and come back next year your just waiting for that shoulder to pop out again. So if New Williams isn't able to handle some solid minutes then I agree you gotta go JUCO or grad transfer route.

it's not ideal to start a freshman PG imo. It won't stunt his development though. It will bring him along at a reasonable pace imo. We need to get another serviceable PG into the program though somehow. Nothing against Keim, as he plays hard, but we need 2 scholarship PGs on the roster. I'm going on the assumption that TSD will not be back.

After 7 years inferno you should know my :drippingsarcasm7pa::hellyeah: :jossun:

You are quite right. The BB team is special to me, and I got caught up fighting the good fight.

My apologies, friend.

You are quite right. The BB team is special to me, and I got caught up fighting the good fight.

My apologies, friend.

I have complete faith CBP will lead AU out of the abyss

After 7 years inferno you should know my :drippingsarcasm7pa:/> :hellyeah:/> :jossun:/>

My apologies, friend.

I have complete faith CBP will lead AU out of the abyss

Hopefully sooner than later.

Who's available?

It's hard to really know til a team goes after some. I expect AU to take a GT PG but have not seen any names yet they are interested in. Also most of the GT pool will not be known until team's seasons are over.

Yes but he (Jared Harper) at the moment will likely be the only PG on roster. He can't do that position alone & will need help.

Archived