Austin Tucker - New Offensive GA

RunInRed

I just got word that Auburn hired a new Graduate Assistant on offense from Hewitt Trussville HS. He has done a great job here and I hate to hear this for our HS but hope for the best at Auburn.

Copy & Paste from HS website ...

Austin Tucker enters his second season at Hewitt Trussville and his fourth season under Coach Josh Floyd. Coach Tucker is a graduate of the University of Arkansas, where he played football from 2007-2011 and earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Education. He began his coaching career at Shiloh Christian High School in Springdale, AR in 2011 as the Running Backs coach for two years. He was promoted to Offensive Coordinator at Shiloh Christian in 2013. During Coach Tucker’s first year as the Offensive Coordinator the offense broke a school rushing record with 283.5 yards per game. During his two years as offensive coordinator the offense has averaged 31 points per game and 38 points per game.

Coach Tucker also played football at Shiloh Christian High School under Coach Josh Floyd from 2004-2006. He was the MVP of the 2006 State Championship game. He holds a record for being the only player in Arkansas history to record 2,500 yards passing and 2,500 yards receiving in his high school career.

Coach Tucker is married to Adrienne Tucker who owns her own business as a seamstress. They have one daughter Willa Jean Tucker who was born on October 13, 2014.

y0hbMIqA_400x400.jpeg

Wow your on top of it I just posted the same thing when coach sent it out. He has done a great job with our offense the past two years and has developed a lot of kids that under the old system here would have not got the attention they have received. Hope it works out for both him and Auburn, we will miss him here, I sorta thought Floyd would have been the first to get a position at Auburn.

Always like to see AU bring in these up and coming young coaches. Congrats....and too bad for H-T.

i hope he can give gus some advice on tendacies and that sort of thing.

Will he work primarily with WR's? Sure hope these highly recruited guys coming in get some quality coaching with fundamentals right off the bat.

sounds like a potential OC for us down the road a few seasons. With Mr. Tucker and Herb Hand aboard, our offense should pick up where it left off at the end of 2013.

It seems that Gus is surrounding himself with some very good position coaches. This spells success in my book. I think that 2016 is going to be a special season in a very good way. If we do indeed have the season that the Doc is going to predict with a 99.9% degree of accuracy, stability and success for the long term will take place.

Archived