2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

Per Bryan Matthews, we are now the leader even after visiting UGA's G-Day

@JLeeAU21 47m47 minutes ago

Auburn reclaims the lead from Georgia for one of the South's top LB recruits, KJ Britt - > https://goo.gl/TYYB86

AUBURN, Ala. | Auburn has reclaimed the lead for one of its top linebacker targets.

Oxford inside linebacker K.J. Britt visited the Plains on Sunday and left with the Tigers back on top.

“Auburn is No. 1 again,” Britt said. “They are my leader. I had a great visit and a great talk with the coaches.”

Britt moved Georgia to No. 1 on his list of favorites two weeks ago after a visit to Athens. That changed when Britt left Auburn Sunday afternoon.

Britt’s mother, father and brothers all joined him on the visit. The Britts met extensively with Auburn coach Gus Malzahn.

“He just wanted me to know how much they wanted me,” Britt said. “And it was good for my family to meet him and everybody. They had a really good time. They love it at Auburn.”

So does Britt.

“I had a great time at Auburn, but I always have a great time at Auburn,” Britt said. “I love it at Auburn, … the coaches, Coach T-Will (Travis Williams) especially.”

Britt is currently ranked a three-star recruit and the No. 24 player in Alabama. His ranking assuredly will rise in the next update.

Britt, who stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 225 pounds, was named MVP of the linebackers group at the Rivals Camp Series in Atlanta earlier this month – a group that included four-star Tadarian Moultry and Rivals100 recruit Will Ignont.

Britt and Moultry both are scheduled to visit Ole Miss on Saturday and LSU on April 30. The two still plan to sign with the same college.

“We’ll be back at Auburn again, too,” Britt said.

Britt plans to announce his commitment on Aug. 11.

Edited by ellitor

Maybe I am just a pessimist, but I smell a rat.

Hey...we have Kirby on one side and Satan on the other....both rivals and both on the schedule every year. Neither play each other unless it's in ATL for another 5 years. It's important we knock one of them off their horse in 2016.

Edited by autigeremt

Hey...we have Kirby on one side and Satan on the other....both rivals and both on the schedule every year. Neither play each other unless it's in ATL for another 5 years. It's important we knock one of them off their horse in 2016.

I'm going to say this right now, if Kirby beats Gus next year AU hired the wrong coach. Don't care if Gus wins 10 games.

I'm going to say this right now, if Kirby beats Gus next year AU hired the wrong coach. Don't care if Gus wins 10 games.

I would agree with this except for one variable... Chubb. If he plays to his potential, and their O-line doesn't fall apart, a trained monkey might be able to coach Georgia to a winning season.

Losing to UGA got old 5 years ago. It's beyond old now. In my mind, that's more of a must-win than Bama. They've beaten us 8 of the last 10 games. That's ridiculous. They've beaten good Auburn teams with bad UGA teams. They've beaten bad Auburn teams and mediocre ones. Unless we win the conference, we lose to UGA. That has to stop.

I've been saying this since 2012...

I was wondering when this shtick would reappear. I'm glad Gus is keeping his enemies close! If you insiders are so certain of the demise of Gus, and no longer on the Gus Bus, I invite you to step in front of it! This is getting old guys and now it's appearing in the recruiting forum. Hopefully you get a warning from the mods. Ha!

WDE

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took our NC team and a prayer to beat them those two times. It is beyond ridiculous.....It is embarrassing

The prayer was a justified miracle. Aaron Murray did not & still has not scoed that last UGA TD.

I was wondering when this shtick would reappear. I'm glad Gus is keeping his enemies close! If you insiders are so certain of the demise of Gus, and no longer on the Gus Bus, I invite you to step in front of it! This is getting old guys and now it's appearing in the recruiting forum. Hopefully you get a warning from the mods. Ha!

WDE

Not sure where this comes from. WDE had never posred before now he though KS was the better hire. Not sure about Altima but I haven't seen him say it.

WDE

Well OK then. :dunno:

I am not going there until we see Smart's record at uga after year 3-4 as HC versus Gus' record at AU after year 3-4. Smart may be like Gus and catch lightening in a bottle and go the National Championship game next year then have continuing declining production.

It will be interesting since Smart was Pat Dye's choice as HC in 2012. I thought at the time that Gus and Smart were interchangeable in terms of potential and both would be the best we could expect from Jay Jacobs making another HC hire knowing JJ's limitations.

wde

WDE

LOL. Quite whining and grow a pair.

wde

I am not going there until we see Smart's record at uga after year 3-4 as HC versus Gus' record at AU after year 3-4. Smart may be like Gus and catch lightening in a bottle and go the National Championship game next year then have continuing declining production.

It will be interesting since Smart was Pat Dye's choice as HC in 2012. I thought at the time that Gus and Smart were interchangeable in terms of potential and both would be the best we could expect from Jay Jacobs making another HC hire knowing JJ's limitations.

wde

What makes you think that? Got a link?

wde

Cause Dye said this:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/pat_dye_preferred_kirby_smart.html

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Former Auburn coach Pat Dye, whose name is attached to the school's football field, preferred Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart as Auburn's next head coach. But Dye said he likes Gus Malzahn and hopes the fan base supports him.

"You know what? If I had been on the selection committee, I probably would have chosen Kirby," said Dye, the often-opinionated ex-coach. "But I wasn't on the committee and I don't know what went on with Kirby. ... Gus and Kirby, either one of them is fine with me. Some folks out there were wanting a campaign for someone I didn't want."

wde

Cause Dye said this:

http://www.al.com/sp...irby_smart.html

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama -- Former Auburn coach Pat Dye, whose name is attached to the school's football field, preferred Alabama defensive coordinator Kirby Smart as Auburn's next head coach. But Dye said he likes Gus Malzahn and hopes the fan base supports him.

"You know what? If I had been on the selection committee, I probably would have chosen Kirby," said Dye, the often-opinionated ex-coach. "But I wasn't on the committee and I don't know what went on with Kirby. ... Gus and Kirby, either one of them is fine with me. Some folks out there were wanting a campaign for someone I didn't want."

Thanks. That was news to me. Not surprising that Dye would prefer a defensive coach but I'd never heard/seen that he voiced an opinion.

WDE

LOL. Quite whining and grow a pair.

wde

Whining? No, I'm tired of WDEWDE and Altima being anti-Gus with the majority of their posts! It is obvious that WDE's not happy, but seems more personal than losing football games. Maybe access to the program? I'm not one to pump sunshine, but I'm also not going to act like we need to have jetgate round 2.

WDE

Well I think wde has posted enough good stuff that he can post what he thinks even if it's not sunshine and roses...