2017 4* ILB Kenney (K.J.) Britt Commits to AU!

RunInRed

Updates from his Twitter:

- Announcement date August 8th.

- Top 12 April 11th.

- Says he and Dylan Humble (@humble10) are a package deal.

Keith says @Humble10 is an account for TD Moultry. The header pick for that account looks like TD & I found tweets referencing TD w/ that handle. If they do end up a package deal that may not be good for us if TD is really leaning to Bama.

I thought so, but couldn't immediately verify. I think most schools would be fine with a package deal of 2 highly rated recruits. Agree on bama.

- Top 12 April 11th.

Issuing ultimatums is not a good way to win friends and influence people. Maybe Jax State will be a good place for the buddy system?

We will take both in a heartbeat. Why anybody even believes the package deal talk is ridiculous. That stuff never materializes out that way.

- Top 12 April 11th.

Keith says @Humble10 is an account for TD Moultry. The header pick for that account looks like TD & I found tweets referencing TD w/ that handle. If they do end up a package deal that may not be good for us if TD is really leaning to Bama.

I thought so, but couldn't immediately verify. I think most schools would be fine with a package deal of 2 highly rated recruits. Agree on bama.

Also confirmed in al.com & SECC.com articles.

Ah, so the "buddy deal" is not with a kid named Dylan Humble as stated above, but actually with T.D. Moultry, another of our top LB targets. So are we still "in great shape" with those four top LB prospects or has our list of four that we are in great shape with dwindled down to one or two?

Ah, so the "buddy deal" is not with a kid named Dylan Humble as stated above, but actually with T.D. Moultry, another of our top LB targets. So are we still "in great shape" with those four top LB prospects or has our list of four that we are in great shape with dwindled down to one or two?

AU's list has at least 8 to 10 Lbers on it. This class of LBers is loaded. Looks like Britt has shoot up AU's list and AU is pushing for a commit. Going to sign one hell of a LBer class, on paper, this year. You can count on that.

Well it appears we may have lost good shape status w/ Moultry but we can still land him. On the other hand we appear to be in good shape w/ KJ per reports. If true that would mean we are still in good shape w/ 4 of the 9 in the T-Will LB recruiting thread: Ignont, Benton KJ, & Wooten. Edited by ellitor

Well it appears we may have lost good shape status w/ Moultry but we can still land him. On the other hand we appear to be in good shape w/ KJ per reports. If true that would mean we are still in good shape w/ 4 of the 9 in the T-Will LB recruiting thread: Ignont, Benton KJ, & Wooten.

AU is still in good shape with TD. Just me on this. If AU can get 5 of it's top 6 at Lber, AU will take 5. So I'm told.

- Top 12 April 11th.

Issuing ultimatums is not a good way to win friends and influence people. Maybe Jax State will be a good place for the buddy system?

We will take both in a heartbeat. Why anybody even believes the package deal talk is ridiculous. That stuff never materializes out that way.

i always get a kick out of the whole "package deal" thing ... in my uneducated opinion, it almost "guarantees" that the 2 kids WON'T play in college together ... they will eventually say they had to do what was right for themselves (as they should).

The funny twist to this is that they say they will announce for the same school but on different days. Just kind of feels like a set-up. Will be pleasantly surprised to sign both! ;)

The funny twist to this is that they say they will announce for the same school but on different days. Just kind of feels like a set-up. Will be pleasantly surprised to sign both! ;)/>

Seemingly, one would think that a recruit would love for his choice to be just as unknown as the previous one so the guessing game can be played out among the fans.

In this case, the recruit that commits first would be essentially announcing where the second guy is playing.

The funny twist to this is that they say they will announce for the same school but on different days. Just kind of feels like a set-up. Will be pleasantly surprised to sign both! ;)/>

Seemingly, one would think that a recruit would love for his choice to be just as unknown as the previous one so the guessing game can be played out among the fans.

In this case, the recruit that commits first would be essentially announcing where the second guy is playing.

Good to see you posting again on the recruiting forum Jeff. Although, not as snarky this time as you often are. :)

That'seven assuming they pick the same school.

Well it appears we may have lost good shape status w/ Moultry but we can still land him. On the other hand we appear to be in good shape w/ KJ per reports. If true that would mean we are still in good shape w/ 4 of the 9 in the T-Will LB recruiting thread:

Ignont, Benton KJ, & Wooten.

Currently, those are my top 4 in this class. That would be an Amazing Haul if we land all 4 of those kids!

According to B Matthews, they are planning on picking the same school. Planning being the operative word.

Good to see you posting again on the recruiting forum Jeff. Although, not as snarky this time as you often are. :)/>

Take cover when it happens again ;)

He looks to have a good frame to pack some serious muscle.

I agree, he does have a good name.

Oh, did you say 'frame'?

;)

Welcome back, Jeff.

According to B Matthews, they are planning on picking the same school. Planning being the operative word.

Yes, but what we are saying is that's only an issue if you believe this is straight up. They may have all the intentions in the world to be a package deal, but as many have said that rarely pans out. In the event it doesn't, the suspense to see if it does is just as much of a game as everything else.

Yes & I know. In the line of reporters reporting it BMatt is about 6th.

Yes, but what we are saying is that's only an issue if you believe this is straight up. They may have all the intentions in the world to be a package deal, but as many have said that rarely pans out. In the event it doesn't, the suspense to see if it does is just as much of a game as everything else.

Yup & another factor could be KJ does not appear to be high on Bama right now. Not sure if they are not high on him or what but that's where things appear to be right now.

Yup & another factor could be KJ does not appear to be high on Bama right now. Not sure if they are not high on him or what but that's where things appear to be right now.

uat can only take one or two more LBer's in this class. I think uat likes Britt but has at least 3 to 4 LBers ahead of Britt. From reading the bol site anyways.

My OP was that package deals never materializes the way we hoped they would materialize. In this case, I was saying if both recruits want a legitimate decision day, they are not going to be a package deal.

So what's the problem? As far as I can tell, the only assumption that I'm making is that the two recruits want the decision day suspense and coverage.

My OP was that package deals never materializes the way we hoped they would materialize. In this case, I was saying if both recruits want a legitimate decision day, they are not going to be a package deal.

So what's the problem? As far as I can tell, the only assumption that I'm making is that the two recruits want the decision day suspense and coverage.

Lol. No problem I was just pointing out there were 5 other reporters who publicly said what BMatt did before BMatt so I thought it was interesting you referenced BMatt. That's all.

Speaking respectfully I don't see anything stated or implied in your OP about package deals not coming out the way they are wanted. That's why I as well as BCSI in post #43 both replied the way we did. You implied it later in your BMatt post clearly but we just did not see it in the OP. That could be our mistake. Either way, no worries.

Edited by ellitor

Lol. No problem I was just pointing out there were 5 other reporters who publicly said what BMatt did before BMatt so I thought it was interesting you referenced BMatt. That's all.

Speaking respectfully I don't see anything stated or implied in your OP about package deals not coming out the way they are wanted. That's why I as well as BCSI in post #43 both replied the way we did. You implied it later in your BMatt post clearly but we just did not see it in the OP. That could be our mistake. Either way, no worries.

Yesterday morning at 7:38 I said:

"We will take both in a heartbeat. Why anybody even believes the package deal talk is ridiculous. That stuff never materializes out that way."