4* 2017 RB Trey Sermon (OU commit 4/29/16)

RunInRed

4_3598162.jpg

Trey Sermon, RB

Marietta, GA (Sprayberry)

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 217 | 40: 4.68

• Unofficial Visit to AU, 2/20/16

Enjoying my visit at Auburn

https://twitter.com/...138093521420288

• Recruiter: Horton

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Offers: Alabama, Appalachain State, Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, South Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Cbsb605WwAA1N0Q.jpg

via @JLeeAU21

Who leads for this guy?

Does not have a leader. Top group is Oregon, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Georgia.

Wow. Impressive list.

E, do you see us taking a power back and a speed back for a total of two or what combination of the two do you anticipate us going with?

I'm not a recruiting analyst so I can't answer that type of question. My guess though is w/ Alaric committed, who is an all porpose ATH, & Jovon graduating I would think the 2nd back would be more of a power guy.

Who leads for this guy?

Does not have a leader. Top group is Oregon, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Auburn, Florida, Georgia.

Ohio State vs AU right now. uga right in the mix. uat, not really a factor. Others make up the back. So I'm told.

Plays defense, special teams, RB, WR, takes direct snaps

Could be a good successor to KJ's role. Good measurables besides a not so great 40

• 3 weeks later...

Sermon update

After signing just one running back in the 2016 recruiting cycle, Auburn will look to reload at the position with the next class.

Trey Sermon, a four-star prospect out of Marietta, Georgia, is among the top targets.

"I just love how they make me feel at home," Sermon told AL.com Sunday during Nike's The Opening Atlanta Regional camp. "The coaches, they're all great guys. They're definitely in the mix. They're one of my top schools that I'm looking at."

The 6-foot-1, 206-pounder plays multiple positions for Sprayberry High School, the alma mater of current Auburn offensive lineman Bailey Sharp.

"He's a super-dynamic athlete," said Sprayberry head coach Billy Shackelford. "He's got the combination of strength and speed. He can run through you or around you. He's not a one-trick pony — we line him up all over the place. Receiver, quarterback, running back. He's a multi-talented kid with a lot of ability. Overall he's just a good kid, a good student and a good athlete."

Auburn offered Sermon last May. He last visited the Plains in February and continues to develop his relationship with Tigers running back coach Tim Horton.

"We've been talking for a while now," Sermon said of Horton. "He's just a great guy. He seems like a great mentor as well, and that's what I really like about him... I think Auburn's going to do a lot better coming up. It's a rebuilding year for them."

Sermon said Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Oregon and Tennessee are also in the mix for his commitment, which he would like to make by September. He plans to visit Oklahoma April 2 before checking out Alabama and Tennessee.

"I know he has spoken highly of Auburn and others," Shackelford said. "He's not in a hurry. It's not ego-driven like some kids. I don't think that's the case with Trey. I think he wants to take a cautious approach to it and just try to make a good, educated decision... I just think he's going to take his time."

Auburn signed Madison Academy Malik Miller last month and holds a commitment from 2017 athlete Alaric Williams of Southside-Gadsden.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can understand if we lost this kid to Georgia or Florida, but losing a Georgia kid to OU is discouraging. Hopefully we can make up some ground and get his attention before signing day.

I guess we should move this thread.

Not til we know AU has moved on from him.

I can understand if we lost this kid to Georgia or Florida, but losing a Georgia kid to OU is discouraging. Hopefully we can make up some ground and get his attention before signing day.

Fell free to melt all you want but it's not a loss when the team backs off. Not sure why but AU reportedly did. Link

Archived