2018 CB Myles Sims

RunInRed

Picked up AU offer today ...

Blessed to receive another offer from Auburn University!!1f405.png1f4e9.png #WarEagle

https://twitter.com/...196477524271104

vZochhc5_400x400.jpg

Myles Sims, CB

Atlanta, GA (Westlake)

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 180 | 40: 4.63

• Unofficial Visit to Auburn, 2/20/16
  • Picked up Auburn offer, 2/20/16

Offers: Auburn, Kentucky

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

Hudl Highlights

CbsmI4WUYAAvsPQ.jpg

Depends if he continues growing. My youngest son was 6' 150 pounds as a Freshman. He is now a Senior and is 6' 180 pound. Had his burst early then stopped. One of his best friends who was 4 inches shorter as freshman kept growing every year as a Sophomore was 5'11" as a Junior 6'1" and as a Senior at start of year 6'2" and is still 6'2" each kid is different. Now this kid has room to put on muscle which is good.

Is it me or is 6'2 180 pretty big for a sophomore CB?

Could be .....but he's just growing boy....should be near 200 by the time he is out of HS at this rate....future safety perhaps...or wherever? Getting an early start to grab his interest. Wonder if he has a ride scheduled in Gus's new beemer?

Definitely big for a sophomore, I can't see him staying the size as a cb. Could be an excellent center field safety

Definitely big for a sophomore, I can't see him staying the size as a cb. Could be an excellent center field safety

I was wondering if maybe that would be the plan.

Heck, 6'2 is tall for an NFL corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Visited AU for practice yesterday. 2nd time in town in 2 weeks. Appears to be a major 2018 target.

Depends if he continues growing. My youngest son was 6' 150 pounds as a Freshman. He is now a Senior and is 6' 180 pound. Had his burst early then stopped. One of his best friends who was 4 inches shorter as freshman kept growing every year as a Sophomore was 5'11" as a Junior 6'1" and as a Senior at start of year 6'2" and is still 6'2" each kid is different. Now this kid has room to put on muscle which is good.

Thanks for the reality check. There are some here that believe every recruit AU signs is going to grow at least another 2 inches if they seem to be too short.

Thanks for the reality check. There are some here that believe every recruit AU signs is going to grow at least another 2 inches if they seem to be too short.

Reality check? Hah, ok.

Most high school sophomores haven't stopped growing, and as I previously mentioned, 6'2 is already big for a cornerback even if he doesn't grow another inch (or ounce).

I was wondering if maybe that would be the plan.

Heck, 6'2 is tall for an NFL corner.

I think Richard Sherman is the tallest corner in the league at 6'3". That being said, even though we've been seeing more and more tall corners in the league, I think that ceiling typically stays around 6'2-3". 6'3" is definitely more typical for a safety. 6'2" is probably 50/50, but someone would have to look into the NFL rosters to confirm that - its just what I think. If it swung one way or the other, I'd say there are definitely more safeties than corners at 6'2"+.

Also, it's just as well within reality to say that a sophomore will continue to grow as it is that he won't. There aren't any reality checks needed around here.

Reality check? Hah, ok.

Most high school sophomores haven't stopped growing, and as I previously mentioned, 6'2 is already big for a cornerback even if he doesn't grow another inch (or ounce).

If you look at my original post I talked about my son not growing but one of his best friends continued to grow. Statistically more boys keep getting taller after the sophomore year then stop there. All I was trying to say is you just never know for sure. I never said this kid was not going to continue growing.

Reality check? Hah, ok.

If you look at my original post I talked about my son not growing but one of his best friends continued to grow. Statistically more boys keep getting taller after the sophomore year then stop there. All I was trying to say is you just never know for sure. I never said this kid was not going to continue growing.

I think he was responding to the reality check comment from 80Tiger, and his comment in general. What you are suggesting is that its reasonable to believe that a sophomore will continue to grow (or not grow). 80Tiger's comment made it sound unreasonable to expect that a sophomore might continue to grow.

Reality check? Hah, ok.

I think he was responding to the reality check comment from 80Tiger, and his comment in general. What you are suggesting is that its reasonable to believe that a sophomore will continue to grow (or not grow). 80Tiger's comment made it sound unreasonable to expect that a sophomore might continue to grow.

Si. Grazie.

I can assure you that 6'2" is not too short to play CB. He may or may not grow more, but he is already taller than many that play this position.

6'2" no. 6'4" probably so. Different people grow at different rates though. I myself grew around 4 inches from sophomore to my senior year

6'2" no. 6'4" probably so. Different people grow at different rates though. I myself grew around 4 inches from sophomore to my senior year

Question is would he maintain the flexibility in his hips to play CB at a high level at 6'4 or would he have to change positions?

Archived