@tadarrius_7

4_3505632.jpg

Tadarrius Patterson, OLB

Birmingham, AL (Carver)

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 211 | 40: 4.63

• Unofficial Visit to AU, 2/20/16
  • Picked up AU offer, 2/20/16
  • Recruiters: Garner (P), T-Will (S)

Offers: Alabama State, Alcorn State, Arkansas State, Army, Auburn, Charlotte, Indiana, Kentucky, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Prairie View A&M, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Troy and Tulane, among others.

247Sports: 3*

ESPN: NR

Rivals: 2*

Scout: 3*

Hudl Highlights

Cbta6AtWAAEtVmr.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trending Louisville

Patterson has tried to commit to AU at least two times. If AU starts showing Patterson move love then AU has missed on their top LBers.

Man, LB recruiting is like a broken record around here. Maybe one day we'll take a kid like this instead of squatting on scholarships.

An old country saying one in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Over the last few years we get good kids who want to sign with us at LB we slow play them while we try and land a stud that bama wins and we lose the kid we slow played. At some point we need to take the pretty darn good player and coach him up instead of failing to get anybody.

Over the last few years we get good kids who want to sign with us at LB we slow play them while we try and land a stud that bama wins and we lose the kid we slow played. At some point we need to take the pretty darn good player and coach him up instead of failing to get anybody.

Let's be real though. Given the way we have developed even the good ones we got at that position it's easily possible those kids flop here instead of doing well as they have at other places.

Let's be real though. Given the way we have developed even the good ones we got at that position it's easily possible those kids flop here instead of doing well as they have at other places.

You're not happy with Tre Williams' development? He is the only highly recruited LB we've had here long enough to do anything with. Also, it's just possible that changing DC's every year or so has hindered progress in that area.

In any case, I've been real dubious about all the talk of "great LB recruiting class". I won't believe that until the letters roll in off the fax machine. If a solid 3* prospect wants to play at Auburn we are in no position to slow play him.

You're not happy with Tre Williams' development? He is the only highly recruited LB we've had here long enough to do anything with. Also, it's just possible that changing DC's every year or so has hindered progress in that area.

In any case, I've been real dubious about all the talk of "great LB recruiting class". I won't believe that until the letters roll in off the fax machine. If a solid 3* prospect wants to play at Auburn we are in no position to slow play him.

Highlight 1: No he's not. Kris Frost & Cass were 4*s but had 3* production IMO. Eltorro was a 4* developed ok. Bynes was a 4* that developed well. Tray Blackmon was a 5* who was good when he wanted to be.

Highlight 2.: It definitely has along w/ changing LB coaches a lot..The lower rated guys who have done well at other places could have just as easily struggled & not developed in the conditions here.

Highlight 1: No he's not. Kris Frost & Cass were 4*s but had 3* production IMO. Eltorro was a 4* developed ok. Bynes was a 4* that developed well. Tray Blackmon was a 5* who was good when he wanted to be.

Highlight 2.: It definitely has along w/ changing LB coaches a lot..The lower rated guys who have done well at other places could have just as easily struggled & not developed in the conditions here.

1) You went back in time to before the period I was referencing. Obviously I wasn't talking in all of Auburn history. Mike Kolen (69), Jackie Burkett (58) and Tex Williams (34?) were top linebackers. Bynes and Blackmon were fine too. I was referencing the time period since Bynes graduated, which was 2010.

2011 is when our LB recruiting problems really got cranked. Frost earned his recruiting stars as a probable WR, and Cass had some offers but was far from highly sought by national powers. From the 2011 class through 2014 we've been either not signing enough or taking UGA and UAT's leftovers. (Tre Williams excluded) 2015 was a solid LB class on paper. NOW: Colbert gone, Atkinson to DB or nickle, Holland to DE, McBryde redshirted and seldom mentioned. We had to sign five 4* LB's to get one (D. Williams) on the field at LB. That's pretty much what it takes and I'm doubtful that all the promises and happy predictions of a huge linebacker haul this year is going to come true.

Atkinson is playing Nickel/ LB and not DB though right? Holland is still a LB but will be a Rush LB/DE more often. CKS wants a 3-4 and were trying to get there.

Atkinson played LB in the a day game and muschamp said during last season that he was at LB. I believe he has made the move after seeing him play that positon even after Steele took over.

Trending Louisville

Patterson has tried to commit to AU at least two times. If AU starts showing Patterson move love then AU has missed on their top LBers.

Man, LB recruiting is like a broken record around here. Maybe one day we'll take a kid like this instead of squatting on scholarships.

I'm told Patterson is a great kid but isn't a SEC type player. This from some high school coaches I know in B'ham.

• 8 months later...
41 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Still no interest in Patterson? Could he be a back up plan?

No and highly unlikely.

Archived