2017 4* OT Austin Troxell Signs with AU (Updated)

ellitor

Updated (6/18/16) - Austin commits to AU!

"I have committed to Auburn University, so I'm ready," Troxell said. "I'm ready to start my journey and be an Auburn Tiger... It's a burden lifted off my shoulders. I finally got my decision made. No looking back now. It's 100 percent Auburn now so I'm ready."

"Big Cat, seeing all the coaches laid back and stuff like that," Troxell said. "That was big... Just the fit here. Coaches, players. Nothing against any other school, I just fit in the best here personally. It fits me the best. That's what made the decision for me."

"Me and Calvin (Ashley) are two of the best offensive tackles in the country, so that's what they said — that they got two of the best here and they're set for a couple years with us," Troxell said. "That's big right there. (Ashley was) not really a big factor, but I did look at it in my plan with him. That's pretty big right there, him being the five-star caliber he is. It'll be good."

http://www.al.com/au...stin_troxe.html

He's been a high AU target for nearly 2 years ...

On Auburn: “It’s a family atmosphere. I really like Coach (Gus) Malzahn. I’m really close with Coach (Tim) Horton — the running backs coach. My former teammates are there now, (RB) Malik Miller and (RB) Kerryon Johnson. It would be cool to play with them again.”

https://www.seccount...a-auburn-on-top

CH-A6dCUsAA5wUv.jpg

Austin Troxell, OT

Madison, AL

Ht: 6'7 | Wt: 275 | 40: 5.44

• Former teammates w/ AU players Malik Miller & Kerryon Johnson
  • Has visited AU many times
  • Offered by every SEC team but TAMU & SCe

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

SOPHOMORE EVAL: Size jumps out right away when looking at Troxell. He is a long and slender tackle with very good balance, coordination, and feet. Still developing his strength and will need to add weight, but both should improve in the coming years. Advanced in terms of technique. Fires off the ball with good pad level and really keeps his feet under him when engaged. Can be a true left tackle recruit.

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2016

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Troy, UAB and Vanderbilt, among others.

ClQfKt6WIAAl_h5.jpg

Edited by ellitor

Visited practice today

Grew up a Bama fan

Says AU & Bama are 50/50 & AU is recruiting him much harder.

Has me a bit concerned that Bama could steal him if they pick things up since he has us 50/50 even though we are recruiting harder.

Edited by ellitor

Visited practice today

Grew up a Bama fan

Says AU & Bama are 50/50 & AU is recruiting him much harder.

Has me a bit concerned that Bama could steal him if they pick things up since he has us 50/50 even though we are recruiting harder.

Sounds like his heart is in Tuscaloosa. Maybe they'll mess it up.

Edited by ellitor

We need to jump on Austin and make him feel the Auburn love.

Order is restored in the universe cause A4E is back to his usual self again. Welcome back.

Go for it. I won't judge you.

I don't know about y'all but where I'm from when people jump on you, you did not feel the love. You felt the pain & hate.

He would have to change his name to "auburn4ever pancaked".

I don't know about y'all but where I'm from when people jump on you, you did not feel the love. You felt the pain & hate.

With your pic, I totally read this in Hulk Hogan's voice.

YOU DO NOT FEEL THE LOVE, BROTHER. YOU FEEL THE PAIN AND THE HAAAAATE.

You can do it w/ The Nature Boy too.

"I don't know about you but where I'm from pal when people jump on you, you did not feel the love. You felt the pain & hate...But then you got up, found some very lucky ladies, & gave them a ride on Space Mountain. WHOOOO!!!"

You can do it w/ The Nature Boy too.

"I don't know about you but where I'm from pal when people jump on you, you did not feel the love. You felt the pain & hate...But then you got up, found some very lucky ladies, & gave them a ride on Space Mountain. WHOOOO!!!"

"I don't know about you but- wait... IS THAT JOHN CENA'S MUSIC?!?!?!?"

Edited by AUEngineer2016

How in the world have we not had a thread on this guy? He's been a high AU target for nearly 2 years.

Former teammates w/ AU players Malik Miller & Kerryon Johnson

Has visited AU many times

Offered by every SEC team but TAMU & SCe

Hudl Highlights

Probably because most of us think (or maybe thought) he was a lock for the Tide. But if he bonds with CHH and decides to commit to AU this summer I don't see a high character kid like Austin flipping or playing games. However if UAT makes a push for Troxell this summer I would expect him to follow his heart. We just don't win many head-to-head battles with the wee man.

Edited by autan

How in the world have we not had a thread on this guy? He's been a high AU target for nearly 2 years.

Former teammates w/ AU players Malik Miller & Kerryon Johnson

Has visited AU many times

Offered by every SEC team but TAMU & SCe

Hudl Highlights

Probably because most of us think (or maybe thought) he was a lock for the Tide. But if he bonds with CHH and decides to commit to AU this summer I don't see a high character kid like Austin flipping or playing games. However if UAT makes a push for Troxell this summer I would expect him to follow his heart. We just don't win many head-to-head battles with the wee man.

We have been a major factor for AT since we offered. Yes we may lose to Bama here but as far as I know I have not heard that Troxell would be a lock to Bama.

Nice. That's how we do it in the Barn, lol.

How's his interest with us?

Maybe you should find somebody that's connected in North Alabama and check it out? :)

How's his interest with us?

Maybe you should find somebody that's connected in North Alabama and check it out? :)

Nice. Mikey's got Jokes...

giphy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Bama may have the momentum here. Austin wants to commit in the next 2 months & has visited Bama each of the last 2 weekends.

• 1 month later...

Well according to Austin it is down to the Good Guys and the Turds. The interview is also on the link. Could be a big get for AU. I mean literally 6'7" 330lbs.

link

MADISON, Ala., -- Austin Troxell, a 4-star offensive tackle at Madison Academy and the state of Alabama's No. 1 recruit in the 247Sports Composite, is torn. On the one hand, there's Auburn, the first school to offer, the one that has pursued him longer than anyone. On the other, there's Alabama, the program he grew up rooting for, the defending national champ.

"Alabama and Auburn are the top two ... They're both great schools," Troxell said. "I could fit in either way. It's on me, where I get that feeling, where it's like home. I'm trying to get that feeling. But I haven't gotten that feeling yet."

According to the 6-feet-7, 330-pound Troxell, a decision hopefully will come become his season begins.

Admittedly, he has come close to committing at various points.

"I have thought that -- a couple days where I have thought about committing, but the next day I was like, 'I shouldn't probably do that,' " Troxell said.

With both the Tigers and Tide, there is much to like, he noted.

"The coaches, and the facilities," Troxell said. "The atmosphere around them. A lot of good people around them. Both organizations."

With Auburn, the recruitment of Troxell has been focused on selling the need for tackles and family atmosphere. Running backs coach Tim Horton is his area recruiter. That's the Tigers assistant he is closest with.

He "has played a big role," Troxell said. "He's been recruiting me since the 10th grade. He's been on me hard ever since. He's a great guy."

According to Troxell, he was extremely close with former Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes. When Grimes left the program in January and was succeeded by Herb Hand, it added a new dynamic to his recruitment.

"I really liked Coach Grimes," Troxell said. "With him leaving, I didn't really know much about Coach Hand at all. I was kind of nervous about that ... I think we fit. He's got a lot energy. He's kind of like an old-school coach. He's not afraid to coach you up."

At Auburn, the atmosphere is what he likes best.

"Lot of energy down there, coaches, players -- everyone down there seems like they love to be down there," Troxell said.

He added, Auburn is "kind of like my town where I grew up."

With the Tide, "the tradition" stands out.

From what I have read about him, he isn't anywhere close to 330 pounds like the above article says. Regardless, he is still a stud.

Bama has been confident for months, as they should be. He has visited them quite a bit more than AU lately.

From what I have read about him, he isn't anywhere close to 330 pounds like the above article says. Regardless, he is still a stud.

You are correct, that's gotta be an error. I'd guess he's 280ish. Edited by NoALtiger