Brandon Marcello moving from al.com to AJC

RunInRed

Crap! When I saw the headline I was hoping to read that Marcello would land far, far away from Auburn. Him covering the University of Alaska, Anchorage Seawolves would be right in line with my hopes.

Crap! When I saw the headline I was hoping to read that Marcello would land far, far away from Auburn. Him covering the University of Alaska, Anchorage Seawolves would be right in line with my hopes.

Covering the University of Auburn probably.....seems to be a very popular school with Georgia HS prospects. Actually BM was not that bad in my view....there are a couple guys who are much more interested in "gotcha" sports hackery than he seemed to be.

I consider myself a realist. So, I never really had a problem with Marcello. Sure, he is not a homer and has been critical of the team the last couple of years but what little I have seen/heard of this reporting, I have not been overly offended by any of it.

I know, I know. Once again, I am probably in minority when it comes to news reporters and broadcasters. Hell, I even like Vern and Gary. Guess it's just my plight in life...............

I consider myself a realist. So, I never really had a problem with Marcello. Sure, he is not a homer and has been critical of the team the last couple of years but what little I have seen/heard of this reporting, I have not been overly offended by any of it.

I know, I know. Once again, I am probably in minority when it comes to news reporters and broadcasters. Hell, I even like Vern and Gary. Guess it's just my plight in life...............

agree

agree with everything but Vern and Gary. wtf?

agree with everything but Vern and Gary. wtf?

His job is to cover AU...not promote AU...and generally his criticism was merited. Now Verne. ? We need to talk more about this situation Shift....

I am more or less ambivalent about the reporters nowadays. I like Verne and once upon a time he was a fantastic broadcaster. He just needs to retire. Gary is usually spot on with his analysis.

And take Crapolea with him

Just listened / watched his chat show on periscope, IMHO it was OK for what it was. Like alot of Brandon's work, it needs some more structure. Also, needs a comment delay or somesuch, the UATrolls started up.

And take Crapolea with him

AMEN

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with you, except on Vern. I don't think he's as bad as others here think, I just think he's gone past his prime and should exit stage left.

• 1 month later...

CBS announced that Verne Lundquist will step down at the end of the 2016 season

Yup. Brad Nessler will take his spot. I like Brad's commentary on the night SEC games so it should be a positive for the CBS broadcasts. I just hope Musberger is nowhere to be found when AU is playing.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup. Brad Nessler will take his spot. I like Brad's commentary on the night SEC games so it should be a positive for the CBS broadcasts. I just hope Musberger is nowhere to be found when AU is playing.

Musberger works for ABC. He does the big game with Herbstreit each week. He won't cover Auburn.

• 2 weeks later...

Musberger works for ABC. He does the big game with Herbstreit each week. He won't cover Auburn.

Yeah I didn't mean to imply he was on CBS broadcasts. It was more of a general anti-Musberger comment haha. I'm not happy when he's on SECN doing our games

Archived