Jax State QB

tmjiv

If this season is a disaster, where do we go from there? Should Gus be fired (since it was mentioned that Woody Barrett might transfer)? And when are we set up to get good QB play again? Part of me thinks Eli would work great, but then there are the nagging doubts that he'd be no better. It just seems like we're cursed at QB and I can't figure out how we can put a stop to it.

Dude... seriously... grab a beer, drink some wine, take a pill... do something but CALM DOWN. We had ONE bad year on offense... ONE. Prior to that, we've had 2 of the top performing QBs in the SEC in a 5-year period. Our other seriously off-year on offense was primarily because of the coordinator who is thankfully no where near our program now.

We will be fine in the Fall. We probably won't win an national championship, but we are going to compete. Gus will keep his job unless someone within the PTB makes a stupid move. Then, in 2017, we'll be even better.

It's pointless to try to get him to step back from the ledge.

Yup. I worry about him. His blood pressure must be through the roof.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this season is a disaster, where do we go from there? Should Gus be fired (since it was mentioned that Woody Barrett might transfer)? And when are we set up to get good QB play again? Part of me thinks Eli would work great, but then there are the nagging doubts that he'd be no better. It just seems like we're cursed at QB and I can't figure out how we can put a stop to it.

Dude... seriously... grab a beer, drink some wine, take a pill... do something but CALM DOWN. We had ONE bad year on offense... ONE. Prior to that, we've had 2 of the top performing QBs in the SEC in a 5-year period. Our other seriously off-year on offense was primarily because of the coordinator who is thankfully no where near our program now.

We will be fine in the Fall. We probably won't win an national championship, but we are going to compete. Gus will keep his job unless someone within the PTB makes a stupid move. Then, in 2017, we'll be even better.

And I thought my mom worried too much about inconsequential things.

I know I'm a pessimist. I'm just kind of stressed about a lot of (non-AU football) things right now, and AU football is currently an outlet of sorts to express that stress. There are times I do get optimistic, but then I hear an argument against it and I become pessimistic again.

I know I'm a pessimist. I'm just kind of stressed about a lot of (non-AU football) things right now, and AU football is currently an outlet of sorts to express that stress. There are times I do get optimistic, but then I hear an argument against it and I become pessimistic again.

Well, it's tiresome to read. Just know that there's absolutely nothing you can do to affect the team's performance. Once you accept that, you'll find that stressing about it is really pointless.

When I read some of his posts, I get this image of what it would be like if Will Muschamp were an Auburn fan.

Are you listening to bammers? DullDawgs? In that direction lies madness. If that's the case with you, cut them out of your life immediately. They know not the truth and who cares what they say anyway?

These questions have been discussed ad nauseum the past 4 months. No need to go around this circle again.

Keep the positive waves man

So did he actually graduate Friday? If so, will we potentially hear more?

Several people above say we won't know anything until after his court date in June. Or maybe Auburn has no interest at all and this subject is just message board doo-doo to amuse us until fall practice starts.

So did he actually graduate Friday? If so, will we potentially hear more?

Several people above say we won't know anything until after his court date in June. Or maybe Auburn has no interest at all and this subject is just message board doo-doo to amuse us until fall practice starts.

message board doo-doo is my guess but its reeks of desperation more than it amuses.

If Eli does transfer to Auburn, we could end up with 10 or 11 wins. It's just too bad he's not junior so we could have him for 2 years.

If Eli does transfer to Auburn, we could end up with 10 or 11 wins. It's just too bad he's not junior so we could have him for 2 years.

Huh. I was pretty sure it was possible to win 10 games without him. I'm pretty sure Auburn has had plenty of 10 win seasons without a D2 QB...

Eli's definitely not your average D2 QB. I don't believe he'd be NM-level, but I think he'd give us a serviceable passing game that only SW could also provide and a serviceable zone read threat that only JF3 could also provide. He'd be surrounded by the right tools and talent to succeed. I feel very good about the possibility of 9 (maybe 10) wins counting a bowl if he's the starter.

I know this isn't an official source, but it makes me feel good about our situation if we get him:

http://herosports.com/collegefootball/jacksonville-state-eli-jenkins-the-best-college-qb-in-alabama-in-2015

To be clear, I don't want him if he's been abusive toward women. But what I saw last year, he drove our guys nuts. He looked every bit an SEC QB.

The one exception: ND State punched Jax right in the nose from the opening bell, and he looked unsettled all day. But against us? He wasn't just the best QB out there. He was one of the best players.

To be clear, I don't want him if he's been abusive toward women. But what I saw last year, he drove our guys nuts. He looked every bit an SEC QB.

The one exception: ND State punched Jax right in the nose from the opening bell, and he looked unsettled all day. But against us? He wasn't just the best QB out there. He was one of the best players.

Agree completely. Also, he was one of the best players in FCS all season long. I'm willing to put more stock in his first 14 games than his last one (for which, it seems to be accepted around here, he was banged up).

Agree completely. Also, he was one of the best players in FCS all season long. I'm willing to put more stock in his first 14 games than his last one (for which, it seems to be accepted around here, he was banged up).

He was playing hurt in the championship game after a long season. Its not completely fair to rate him based on that one game.

He was playing hurt in the championship game after a long season. Its not completely fair to rate him based on that one game.

Yep. Believe 14 games or believe 1. Some people have chosen the less obvious option.

Btw, DyeCamp, I'm definitely not arguing with you or anything. You referred very clearly to the NDSU game as an "exception". I was just expounding upon that.

Is there anyway AU can get one or two of those JaxState WRs to transfer? Jenkins put the ball on the money for the most part, but I distinctly remember those WRs making some great plays and keeping the drives alive.

agreed. Every great player has had bad games.

You guys both know you're in trouble right? Common sense is not allowed here.

Since they came close last year, I'm getting a feeling that Eli Jenkins will stay at JSU and try to win a national championship.

Archived