IMG discussion thread

CameronCrazy

They may be the greatest football team in the history of high school football. They have three 5*'s and three of the top 10 players in the country.

5* #1 SDE Shavar Manuel

5* #1 DB Savion Smith

5* #2 QB Malik Henry

4* #1 TE Isaac Nauta

4* #5 WDE Rahshaun Smith

That's 5 of the top 60 players in the country. Two of these players are already commited to FSU, but I would love to get in on the other 3. Otherwise this is looking like a pipeline to Tallahassee. We need Dameyune Craig and T-Rob to work their magic at IMG.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it is strictly a sports training based school. IMG is not like your typical high school. I'm sure the credits are put in to qualify academically, but the name of the game is getting to the next level.

http://en.wikipedia...._Academy_alumni Here is a link of all the athletes that either attended school or trained there.

PrepSchoolPage_Graph2.png

I have never been able to understand how a professional sports agency can run a school for amateur athletes and not compromise their amateur status.

Technically they are different companies under the same umbrella. They have multiple schools of training. Students at IMG have choices in their academics. They just started competing against HS in football. They do all types of training to enhance their kids development in many different sports.

I have never been able to understand how a professional sports agency can run a school for amateur athletes and not compromise their amateur status.

Technically they are different companies under the same umbrella. They have multiple schools of training. Students at IMG have choices in their academics. They just started competing against HS in football. They do all types of training to enhance their kids development in many different sports.

I read the website....can't see why any normal HS would schedule this school.

I read the website....can't see why any normal HS would schedule this school.

Seriously. Seems like IMG would pummel any normal HS.

Personally, this is legalized cheating, in my opinion. Sounds like IMG is to football recruiting as AAU is to basketball recruiting. With FSU having a former player as the HC, the Criminoles have found a new way to cheat the system, and take college recruiting further into the realm of "pay for play".

From the IMG website:

STUDENT - ATHLETE TUITION PKG

HIGH SCHOOL (9th - 12th GRADE & POST-GRAD H.S.)

$68,500 BOARDING

$54,300 DAY

MIDDLE (6th - 8th GRADE)

$67,500

$53,300

ELEMENTARY (1st - 5th GRADE)

$62,500

$48,300

I wonder how good you have to be to get part or all of that expense waived under a sort of athletic scholarship? Some of the kids that have come out of there couldn't possibly afford those tuition rates.

I wonder how good you have to be to get part or all of that expense waived under a sort of athletic scholarship? Some of the kids that have come out of there couldn't possibly afford those tuition rates.

Perhaps they allow deferrals based on expected future earnings?

When I was in high school, there was a girl who got a full ride on a soccer scholarship to there our sophomore year. She was one of the best I've ever seen.

Perhaps they allow deferrals based on expected future earnings?

That would seem to be pretty risky unless it was a future Lebron James.

My son played summer baseball with a kid from our neighborhood who transferred to IMG this year. He was going to Fork Union, paying close to $50,000 per year there. He doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting a college baseball scholarship. I do not live in Beverly Hills.

I have a friend whose son went there for baseball several years ago. Paula Kraemer(?) was there then, along with one of the Russian/Chzech tennis players.

They had a huge problem (at that time) with their "students" finding their way to one of the many pill mills FL was famous for 10 years ago.

They're not too far up the road from where I live. They're not really THAT good. I mean the Tampa Bay Bucs can beat 'em and you know how bad THEY suck.

From the IMG website:

$68,500 BOARDING

$54,300 DAY

MIDDLE (6th - 8th GRADE)

$67,500

$53,300

$62,500

$48,300

Is that all?

From the IMG website:

$68,500 BOARDING

$54,300 DAY

MIDDLE (6th - 8th GRADE)

$67,500

$53,300

$62,500

$48,300

Is that all?

How many of the kids go there on some sort of scholarship though. As far as I know, may be more expensive than Harvard, Princeton, and Stanford at $67k a year. That is before you buy all the playbooks.

Mr. Weinke is alive and doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

Spencer Perry, who played safety at Auburn High last year has transferred to IMG as well. Supposedly has offers from AU, UF, Michigan and others. Those prices are unbelievable to attend IMG.

Archived