IMG discussion thread

CameronCrazy

Just found out that the CEO at IMG Academy is an Auburn grad. I hear he is a good guy so I am going to try to reach out to him and get his perspective on what is going on down there.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found out that the CEO at IMG Academy is an Auburn grad. I hear he is a good guy so I am going to try to reach out to him and get his perspective on what is going on down there.

If he says anything more than the other big wigs down there send recruits to FSU I will be surprised.

• 1 month later...

I wonder how good you have to be to get part or all of that expense waived under a sort of athletic scholarship? Some of the kids that have come out of there couldn't possibly afford those tuition rates.

My cousin who signed with Tennessee was offered a scholarship by them. Don't know of it was full or not or if they even do full and partial scholarships

Statement from @IMGAFootball on Malik Henry parting ways with IMG. CGr0NDTUIAAnn0y.jpg

@DerekTysonESPN

Malik Henry no longer at IMG. rumor is grades and drugs were an issue.

@danofero14

im sorry but what the hell is the world coming too when ...

1. An amateur athlete is "cut" by a "high school" program and

2. Said "high school" program makes a freaking "press release" type statement about it.

Smdh

2. Said "high school" program makes a freaking "press release" type statement about it.

Smdh

I don't see the problem. He wasn't "cut", he was removed from the program for whatever reason. What is wrong with the school making a press release? He is a 5-star QB and therefore it is obviously news. He's not just going to get quietly removed from the team without anyone noticing.

Also, IMG Academy is not a regular school.

Smdh

I don't see the problem. He wasn't "cut", he was removed from the program for whatever reason. What is wrong with the school making a press release? He is a 5-star QB and therefore it is obviously news. He's not just going to get quietly removed from the team without anyone noticing.

Right, IMG is a sports factory with tuition at 60k to 70k per year. I'm not so sure anyone pays it with all the scholarships given out. I would love to hear about the great academics at IMG.

I wonder how good you have to be to get part or all of that expense waived under a sort of athletic scholarship? Some of the kids that have come out of there couldn't possibly afford those tuition rates.

My cousin who signed with Tennessee was offered a scholarship by them. Don't know of it was full or not or if they even do full and partial scholarships

I went to high school with Todd Kelly Jr. Who is your cousin if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Knoxville, so UTk is my second favorite <3

Smdh

Right, IMG is a sports factory with tuition at 60k to 70k per year. I'm not so sure anyone pays it with all the scholarships given out. I would love to hear about the great academics at IMG.

They ain't go there to play school

Smdh

Yep....wonder about various Federal laws about student privacy, etc.....to announce to the world that "we have made a decision" ...telling the world the kid has screwed up someway and is being dismissed.

Smdh

The parents have choices: They can home school them; a lot go to a private school in Bradenton or they can be taught on site after training sessions or before training sessions. It is a pretty interesting set up and they have kids from all over the world.

Smdh

They ain't go there to play school

Well said

Smdh

Yep....wonder about various Federal laws about student privacy, etc.....to announce to the world that "we have made a decision" ...telling the world the kid has screwed up someway and is being dismissed.

um, think about Pike, numerous announcements about him....none at all, but a good try

Smdh

um, think about Pike, numerous announcements about him....none at all, but a good try

HS and college....not the same....just wondering....

I recall when some AU prospects (Liner and another) were rumored to have "problems" and the school and coach did not respond and it just remained to be "rumors" for quite a while...maybe that was just them. Just seems that schools and coaches should keep their mouths shut about stuff....and especially doing a tweet....what's that about? ....but maybe that's the times we live in.

I went to high school with Todd Kelly Jr. Who is your cousin if you don't mind me asking? I'm from Knoxville, so UTk is my second favorite <3

Lamonte Turner. Basketball

Smdh

HS and college....not the same....just wondering....

I recall when some AU prospects (Liner and another) were rumored to have "problems" and the school and coach did not respond and it just remained to be "rumors" for quite a while...maybe that was just them. Just seems that schools and coaches should keep their mouths shut about stuff....and especially doing a tweet....what's that about? ....but maybe that's the times we live in.

I thought Pike's school made announcements each time he was suspended, but I could be mistaken, it was many gallons of whiskey ago!

Smdh

dont care what the situation is for the "high school".

He is a teenager, he is a child ... His ability at playing football is irrelevant. Or at least it should be.

If high schools want to crow about good things, then fine. Bad things? Keep your trap shut.

If high schools want to crow about good things, then fine. Bad things? Keep your trap shut.

"We have made a decision and Malik Henry will not be returning" is literally all they said. They did not air any negative reason. They did not say anything bad about him. They did not put his character under any sort of scrutiny. Literally all they said was that he would not be returning. Please tell me how they could possibly word his departure in any other "more positive" way.

Talk about over-exaggeration. You're acting like their statement read: "Malik Henry is stupid as s*** and failed three classes, therefore we told him to **** off" LOL.

"We have made a decision and Malik Henry will not be returning" is literally all they said. They did not air any negative reason. They did not say anything bad about him. They did not put his character under any sort of scrutiny. Literally all they said was that he would not be returning. Please tell me how they could possibly word his departure in any other "more positive" way.

Talk about over-exaggeration. You're acting like their statement read: "Malik Henry is stupid as s*** and failed three classes, therefore we told him to **** off" LOL.

They could have simply said he wasn't returning without qualifying it by saying "it was their decision". Generally schools don't decide a kid won't be returning because they are awesome students with perfect character.

This is not a high school program . This is a sports academy. It was started by bollettieri for tennis instruction and grew to other sports. Kids come and go.

This is not a high school program . This is a sports academy. It was started by bollettieri for tennis instruction and grew to other sports. Kids come and go.

Don;t know about that....watched a very slick TV commercial today during one of the NCAA baseball games and they make it sound like Harvard or Yale ...with special instruction for sports.

They could have simply said he wasn't returning without qualifying it by saying "it was their decision". Generally schools don't decide a kid won't be returning because they are awesome students with perfect character.

LOL OMG...really?

And why exactly would Malik Henry willfully leave IMG Academy?

LOL OMG...really?

And why exactly would Malik Henry willfully leave IMG Academy?

Somebody might have quit paying that $65,000 annual tuition....perhaps?

Archived