AU To SEC East?

SphyNxXx

It is utterly mind blowing to me that Auburn fans are justifying this notion of a move to the east by saying, "welp, we won't have to play the bammers anymo" how weak, how utterly weak.

This may have been asked & answered already but why would Auburn be the one to move and not Alabama? I can't stomach going back to page 1 and reading all the responses after what i've seen so far.

It's just geography. We are the Eastern most of the schools in the Western division, and nobody in their right minds would say "welp, we won't have to play the Bammers anymo". They would be our permanent Western opponent just like UGA is our permanent Eastern opponent now.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just geography. We are the Eastern most of the schools in the Western division, and nobody in their right minds would say "welp, we won't have to play the Bammers anymo". They would be our permanent Western opponent just like UGA is our permanent Eastern opponent now.

thanks

AU isn't going to the east. AU has no, none, zip clout with the SEC office. AU has already tried to move to the east and it was quickly shut down. This thread is worthless.

We just need Jay Jacobs to.... I mean Jay could stand and lead a.... Well Jacobs could...

Oh never mind, we are not going anywhere.

Likely nobody but a few AU fans want to make the change.. Doesn't matter what JJ of JG want.....it is a.conference decision and it is a done deal for a while. Nobody wants to recalculate schedules again anytime soon. JMO. I bet Mizz has no interest in a swap.

Wrong!

When the western teams joined (Mizz and A&M) it was much talked about how an AU move to the East, and the common sense move of Mizz to the West would greatly aid AU in scheduling and recruiting etc... AU would then play Ga and Fl every year, great for our GA and Fl recruiting, same conference to boot etc...

Lil Nickie was 110% opposed to the move. Of course Lil Nick had the support of Jay Jacobs making such brilliant comments (as he stuttered and red-necked his way through his public speaking) as he would miss playing the State of Miss schools every year! Gee really? Thanks Jay! Like we have to pull so many Miss recruits out as compared to Fl and Ga.

It is utterly mind blowing to me that Auburn fans are justifying this notion of a move to the east by saying, "welp, we won't have to play the bammers anymo" how weak, how utterly weak.

This may have been asked & answered already but why would Auburn be the one to move and not Alabama? I can't stomach going back to page 1 and reading all the responses after what i've seen so far.

Why would they want to move to the east? They've ruled recruiting for years now - they've only lost 5 SEC games in the last 5 years.....so why should they want to change just for the sake of changing when they've had no difficulties or hardships in this division? :dunno:

Why would they want to move to the east? They've ruled recruiting for years now - they've only lost 5 SEC games in the last 5 years.....so why should they want to change just for the sake of changing when they've had no difficulties or hardships in this division? :dunno:

Also, Auburn lost traditional annual big-game rivals Florida and Tennessee by being moved to the West. Bammer's only traditional loss was uh, Vandy.

Also, Auburn lost traditional annual big-game rivals Florida and Tennessee by being moved to the West. Bammer's only traditional loss was uh, Vandy.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of another SEC team that wanted to change divisions other than Auburn. People say swap with Mizzou, but they've done fine and better than expected in the East since they joined the conference. Why would Mizzou want to trade places with Auburn and have to play OM/MSU/Arky/aTm every year in exchange for Vandy/UK/USC/UT + they would have to pick up UAT/LSU in exchange for UGA/UF? On the whole, if I was Mizzou I'd rather stay put and take my chances before jumping into the cage match that's the West.

Archived