2017 4* C Nick Brahms (AU 7/9/16)

PatBoCamRob

UPDATED: Nick commits to AU! (7/09/16)

Impact Analysis by 247

Keith's video review: Brahms is a straight-up mauler, with the perfect size and skills to excel at either guard or tackle. Additionally, he’s a high IQ guy.

His explosion off the ball impresses. His feet are quick and he gets into the body of the defender in a hurry. He isn’t passive. He attacks.

Brahms finishes blocks. He gets to the second level. His feet never stop churning. Basically, there is much to like. 

With Brahm’s quickness, he would seem to perfectly fit into the Auburn offense, which pulls the guards quite a bit.

At this stage, Brahms is more advanced as a run-blocker. His pass blocking, though, isn’t bad and he is very good at getting into his sets and delivering a massive punch.

247Sports Director of Scouting Barton Simmons’ take: “He’s just really solid on the interior. He’s really polished, his technique is great, he plays tough. Physically, I think he has the versatility to play center longterm or guard. I just really like the way he competes. He’s not necessarily one of the biggest names out here but it feels like he is one of the best players out here.

"Without further ado, I will be taking my talents to Auburn University. War Eagle," Brahms said on the ESPN broadcast, lifting his jacket to show an Auburn shirt.
Brahms has visited Auburn three times in the past two months, earning an offer in May.

"Just the atmosphere there; everybody on campus is so cool," Brahms said on the ESPN broadcast. "Just the vibe there. I see a lot of success."

Here's what Brahms recently said about Auburn.

"I love Auburn," Brahms said last month at the Southeastern Line camp. "I'm going to make a decision pretty soon in the next couple of weeks. I like the aviation program. I just found out about that. I like the future at Auburn. Coach (Gus) Malzahn, I think he has a good plan. (Offensive line) Coach (Herb) Hand, he's a good coach. All of the coaches are good."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/07/ol_nick_brahms_commits_to.html#incart_river_index

UPDATED: Picked up an AU offer today (5/14/16) ...

Extremely thankful to receive an offer from Auburn University #WarEagle

CicXNZrWsAEJO-I.jpg

@Nick_Brahms

AR_160409430_1_jpg_Max_W_315_Max_H_315.jpg
Nick Brahms, OG
Navarre, FL
Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 285 | 40: 5.22

• Brahms reports a 4.5 GPA with tentative plans to major in either business or engineering
  • He also stated it is possible that he could arrive at the school of his choice in January as an early enrollee

#TheOpening OL @Nick_Brahms

'13 NOLA Combine- 6-0, 190 5.79 40, 5.61 sht

'16 @TheOpening NOLA- 6-4, 285, 5.22 40, 4.80 sht

#EarnedNotGiven

@ToddHuberSS

247Sports: 4*
ESPN: 4*
Rivals: 4*
Scout: 4*

Brahms is one of those offensive linemen who could project as a right tackle or guard. He is a very smart, intelligent offensive lineman who picks up on things, adapts quickly, and one who is very coachable. He has a very good base and he can really anchor in the trenches. He comes off the ball quickly, he plays with balance while keeping his feet moving. He loves to finish blocks and he plays with that edge.

http://www.scout.com/player/206096-nick-brahms/analysis?year=2016

Offers: Air Force, Auburn, Cincinnati, Colorado State, East Carolina, FIU, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, Marshall, Memphis, Miami (FL), Minnesota, Mississippi State, Navy, NC State, North Carolina, Oregon, South Alabama, Southern Miss, Tennessee, Troy, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, UCF, USF, Vanderbilt, Virginia

b30e5dde6246a724c8103fbdbce40fbe_crop_north.jpg

CiVzR1qVEAEroV2.jpg

Edited by ellitor

b30e5dde6246a724c8103fbdbce40fbe_crop_north.jpg?w=514&h=344&q=75

"Less than two months ago, Florida Atlantic was his only offer. Since then, he’s added more than 30 offers, with schools such as Louisville, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee and Vanderbilt offering a scholarship to the Sunshine State standout."

http://bleacherrepor...ecommended_pool

Navarre is basically Mobile. What are we waiting for? ...a hand engraved invitation?

Believe it or not but Navarre is more redneck than Mobile.

However, still pretty sure CJ Thorpe is a take. Hand is high on him. Could see us taking 2 if right pair.

I have not seen where CJ is a take but he very well may be.

However, still pretty sure CJ Thorpe is a take. Hand is high on him. Could see us taking 2 if right pair.

PSU lean anyways so may not matter

We are only taking 1 Guard at most in this class. Hand may have others higher for that spot.

We only want 1 guard. We don't want to over-sign?

We have a decient number of them now. If Netori is and remains the top Guard target Brahms best chance w/ AU would be to camp at AU this Summer & blow CHH away at Guard or show him he can be a valuable swing guy. Things can change but as of now AU is looking to sign 1 C, 1 G, & 3 OTs w/ 1 OT being a juco & 1 of the other 2 OTs to be a swing guy the staff can being very versatile playing numerous spots ala Golson.

From the very little I saw of Brahm, he looks like a swing guy. 6'4" and 280ish with quick feet. That sounds like a Tackle, but clearly, he's evaluated as a Guard so that's an option. Still, if the staff doesn't offer, I assume they don't see him that way AND like our chances with other Guards they like more.

If looks have anything to do with talent this guy has super star written all over him. Some of the guards our staff are so high on appear to have some baby fat. I'm sure our training guys can fix that. But what do I know anyway? Nothing of course.

Tough luck with OL signees this year. I understand one has cancer and the other is a DL who is a project at OL. Need to sign some big uglies this year.

If looks have anything to do with talent this guy has super star written all over him. Some of the guards our staff are so high on appear to have some baby fat. I'm sure our training guys can fix that. But what do I know anyway? Nothing of course.

Tough luck with OL signees this year. I understand one has cancer and the other is a DL who is a project at OL. Need to sign some big uglies this year.

The plan is to sign 5.

This is sort of where I'm coming from.

Regarding baby fat and training... I'm not a PhD in sports fitness. But, from what I understand, there are different sorts of muscle fibers. The ratio of those fibers in a body can be important in determining the success of an athlete.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/anatomyandphysiology/a/MuscleFiberType.htm

When we take on kids that haven't done their S&C in HS, we are taking on unknowns. I fee like in our recruiting vis-a-vis the turds (or whoever) we are out there giving offers to cars under a sheet... "What kind of car is it? Does it have a V8?" "I don't know. I think so. But, the only way to find out is to buy it."

I am really disheartened by the spring camp photos. Remember when Sammie Coates was jacked? Not seeing any of that this year, are we?

Prospect-SUV-1.jpg

PSU lean anyways so may not matter

CJ committed to PSU

My contact at Navarre HS tells me Brahms would love to come to Auburn.

He has said the same in recruiting articles.

Probably want to get him on campus and look at him before offering. I hope we don't wait to long.

• 4 weeks later...

He posted a pic standing next to someone that almost looks twice his size. Whoever that guy is, I want him. The pic is on e first page of this thread.

Edited by thaitopher

The guy is Alabama commit and 5* Alex Leatherwood

I don't know anything about him other than that and he already looks like a first round draft pick.