2016 JUCO OL Alex Losoya (Arizona St commit 5/2016)

ellitor

Class of 2016 OL that has not signed yet

AU offered today 4/17/16

Will have 4 years to play 3 per a tweet by Brian Peronni of 247

Has received some solid offers, all the past week: AU, Mizzou, Arky, Baylor, Colorado, Texas Tech

College Freshman Highlights

• 3 weeks later...

Calif. JUCO OG in Auburn for official visit. Would be a late addition to 2016 class with 4 years to play 3.
Out Here! #WarEagle #Auburn

image.jpg

@Alex_Losoyo59

@JLeeAU21

image.jpg

Alex Losoyo, OG

Santa Ana, CA (Mater Dei High Varsity via Orange Coast College)

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 290

• AU offered 4/17/16
  • Recruiter: Herb Hand

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: 3*

Offers: Arkansas, Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, Colorado, Colorado State, Kansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisville, Missouri, New Mexico State, Tennessee Tech, Texas State and Texas Tech, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Free update from Keith @ AUC http://auburn.247spo...Losoya-45350426

Alex Losoya, the 2016 junior college offensive guard who officially visited Auburn two weekends ago, appears to be down to two teams -- Auburn and Arizona State.

He wrapped up an official with ASU on Sunday.

Afterward, he told ASUdevils.com, "Arizona State was my last visit. I don’t have a favorite but I’m looking between Auburn and Arizona State. I’ll probably make a decision this week. I don’t have a timetable and I’ll just make a decision whenever I’m ready. Playing time is very important to me. I only have three years and a redshirt to play. So I want to go somewhere where I will be an immediate impact. Going to a place where you know you fit socially is part of it too, but playing time and academics are the biggest things for me.”

As we reported last week, Auburn really felt like it moved into contention after Losoya visited.

We'll try to reach Losoya as soon as possible.

Because he had his grades in high school, he can jump straight to a 4-school school after only one Orange Coast College (Calif.). Losoya would have four years to play three seasons.

My take: I don't know ASU's starting Guard sitch for 2016 but I doubt it's better than AK & BS @ AU. If Losoya came to AU he would likely have to RS this year & compete for a starting spot in 2017 with 3 years to play. We will have 1 spot open in 2017 with AK graduating & possibly 2 as Braden will be draft eligible. It's not a given Braden will go though.

Archived