Woody Working to Start

Charhair

We beat one of the better teams? You are kidding, right? This was one of the minor bowls between to avg teams. Our QB only three for 150 yds. White had to be replaced after throwing 2 INTs. JJ only threw one pass. Our best pass was from our punter.

So how did that give us confidence going into this year? I need a refresher.

Maybe he means defensively... Paxton was going into the bowl game with everyone saying he was best QB to enter draft. Auburn then destroyed him as his Comp% was worst all year (43.2) and his raw QBR of 14.7 was far and away the worst he had all year (72.3 vs OleMiss).

Also, Auburn was picked to lose the game both by CBS analysts and ESPN. They instead won by 21 points. That's a positive to take into the off season.

They also lost most/all of their coaching staff before that game. The results were nice, but essentially meaningless to the regular season team.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, irregardless of season records, AU has a wayyy more favorable roster from the top guy all the way to the worst guy than Memphis does.

Also, irregardless of season records, AU has a wayyy more favorable roster from the top guy all the way to the worst guy than Memphis does.

AU has a much more favorable roster than Jacksonville State. That didn't stop us from almost giving that one away

When will we know his status for the fall?

According to this, June 28. Notwithstanding (kind of like "irregardless:) the typo of 2015 results for the 2016 test.

http://blog.prepscho...elease-schedule

No necessarily be the know his status for Fall time but the staff is very confident he will be at AU. They expect it by June 27-29. If not then, the next window is early August for the Fall semester.

http://www.nola.com/...rbacks_lsu.html

List of freshmen to start in the SEC since 2000. a lot of similarities with Chris Leak and UF offense he ran with Woody and current AU offense. He has the right guys around him to succeed if he runs that read option successfully, but I think any young QB requires more than 3-4 months to learn a playbook and run it successfully at live speed. It becomes a question of who will commit the least turnovers in the QB race.

When will we know his status for the fall?

According to this, June 28. Notwithstanding (kind of like "irregardless:) the typo of 2015 results for the 2016 test.

http://blog.prepscho...elease-schedule

No necessarily be the know his status for Fall time but the staff is very confident he will be at AU. They expect it by June 27-29. If not then, the next window is early August for the Fall semester.

Thanks Ellitor

What do these great Auburn QB's have in common? Jeff Burger, Reggie Slack, Daymian Craig...They were FOURTH year juniors before they became the #1 QB.

Brandon Cox, J. Campbell, 3rd year soph before they kept the job.

The youngest I can recall was Stan White, who started and kept the job as a redshirt freshman.

I think y'all that are expecting or even hoping Woody will be the QB this year, or even next year, aren't being honest with yourselves. History isn't with him starting any time soon. It takes time for a QB to become a winner. Give Woody time and don't expect instant miracles. Such miracles haven't happened in our past.

^If that's the case with Woody, then if Sean's not the answer, we're not going to have success until at least 2018.

We're in the era where QBs need to be ready by their third year at latest and probably second year.

The Auburn QB position is starting to feel like the Spinal Tap drumming job (or Gus is just really terrible with QBs).

However, if Sean progresses, or if Barrett is ready by then, and our receivers progress well, then maybe '16 and '17 will be decent, and at least one of '18 or 19 could possibly hold a championship run.

^If that's the case with Woody, then if Sean's not the answer, we're not going to have success until at least 2018.

We're in the era where QBs need to be ready by their third year at latest and probably second year.

The Auburn QB position is starting to feel like the Spinal Tap drumming job (or Gus is just really terrible with QBs).

However, if Sean progresses, or if Barrett is ready by then, and our receivers progress well, then maybe '16 and '17 will be decent, and at least one of '18 or 19 could possibly hold a championship run.

As i said before. Even w/ meh QB play is 2016 there is no reason we should not be 8-4 at worst. I know you have to be getting tired of reading this as I'm getting tired of typing it. Stop fretting about AU football, especially in the off season. Focus right now on enjoying your family, work or something. If you don't see something to be immediately positive about motivate yourself to find something positive to focus on & enjoy. Then worry about football in September.

No problem. I always appreciate reading your input. I'm curious--which eight teams do you see us being most likely to beat? I'm not being rhetorical, I'm just asking. (I think the eight most likely are the three cupcakes, MSU, Arky, Vandy, TAMU, and OM.)

Vegas has us at 7 wins total...... if we can some how pull out another game or two and get to 8 or 9 wins would be icing. Odds could change as the season gets closer.

^ Does "total" mean a bowl win?

Don't think so. Even if we met the Vegas 7 I'm not sure that would be enough to keep Gus' Job.

^What I meant was 7 in the regular season. IDK about Gus's job situation.

I know what you meant & said don't think so on a bowl counting to the 7. It does not matter regardless. 7 wins with or without a bowl counting is an underwhelming number.

If Woody needs 2 years, do y'all not think a one and done JUCO or grad is not gonna be considered once again next class? It all depends on Wood and Seans progress, if not ready next season Gus will make a play at another QB.

I think a juco is in play every season until somebody takes the job and really owns it. Maybe Gus and Rhett are complicit in the lack of success their high school guys have had, maybe not. Regardless, one of these kids is going to have be really special or we're going to be testing the juco/grad transfer waters every year.

Archived