Guide to finding free info on AU recruiting

ellitor

I am posting this so everyone who wants to can have free info & articles on AU recruiting instead of having a select few passing on the info from these areas.

Twitter

First things first, Follow these guys on twitter if you have twitter.

Keith Niebuhr

Jeffrey Lee

Bryan Matthews

Jason Caldwell

Benjamin Wolk

Jacob Varner (Covers AU basketball recruiting for FlyWarEagle.com)

AUHoopsBlog

Note: You don't have to have a twitter account to go to their twitter pages to see their tweets & articles linked. They provide a number of free articles. Most of the time you will know what articles are not free as they will put a $ or VIP to let you know it's a paid premium link. If you don't want to go to their separate twitter pages I have a list w/ these accounts plus a few other AU accounts on it so all their tweets are on 1 page. Again, you don't have to have a twitter account to see my list page. Here is the link for that. E's AU recruiting twitter list

Keep a big eye on Keith's account. He puts out free podcasts or videos often that covers almost everything that may have been premium the previous days to a week.

I recommend going to these accounts or my list page once or twice a day if you want to stay fairly current.

AU Recruiting Sites

Next resource is go to the AU Rivals, AU 247, & ITAT home sites as they post free articles once in a while w/out tweeting the article.

For AU Rivals, If you see something just above the article title in the shape of an "X" and or a "C" with an arrow coming out of the C then the article is premium. If you see no symbol above the article title then it's a free read.

For the AU 247 site, If you see green & blue "VIP" then the article is premium. If you see no VIP logo to the immediate right of the article title then it's a free read.

For ITAT, If you see something right before the Article Title that looks like a yellow key then the article is premium. If you see no key in front of the article title then it's a free read.

I recommend checking these sites every 2 or 3 days normally, & daily on the day of & week after big recruiting visit weekends.

Free site w/ AU Recruiting articles

This site doesn't have as many articles or as much info as the above sources but it can be a valuable resource, especially when a spin check can be done using one of the sites listed above. This site often summarize premium articles from the above sites as well as have their own coverage on big visit weekends. I also recommend checking this site every 2 or 3 days normally, & daily on the day of & week after big recruiting visit weekends.

SEC Country AU Page

If I come across any other noteworthy resources I will add them to the OP.

Great thread. I'd like to add that Smuphy and KK sometimes obtain good information.

Other than both of them predicting NCM to pick UNC an hour before he signed, causing me to have a nice hour long melt. Frick them for that.

Jacob Varner and Corey Evans both provide good men's basketball recruiting updates every now and then as well. Corey Evans is the editor for Hoop Seen I believe so Auburn updates are less frequent.

My Twitter handle is mjengland11 but I strictly retweet information.

Great thread. I'd like to add that Smuphy and KK sometimes obtain good information.

Other than both of them predicting NCM to pick UNC an hour before he signed, causing me to have a nice hour long melt. Frick them for that.

Jacob Varner and Corey Evans both provide good men's basketball recruiting updates every now and then as well. Corey Evans is the editor for Hoop Seen I believe so Auburn updates are less frequent.

My Twitter handle is mjengland11 but I strictly retweet information.

Yup. Just added Varner to my recruiting list on twitter. Alread have AU hoops blog on there/ Adding both twitter links to the OP.

Wow, man this is great stuff! I bet the premium sites will love you for doing this :angry: !! This is making it soooo much easier than me chasing info all over the interweb. Thanks :wareagle:

• 1 month later...

I can't afford those premium links.

None of those links are premium silly. Some have premium articles but links I posted are free.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, though, the War Eagle Sports Radio app has a lot of good recruiting podcasts on it as well from Keith Niebuhr, Jason Caldwell, the al.com recruiting folks, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Is there a guide to navigating this new website? ????? Freaking ×\@###/!!!!

Give it time. It's cool.

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Is there a guide to navigating this new website? ????? Freaking ×\@###/!!!!

Haha.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:50 AM, jared52 said:

OP needs to be updated to just one line:

"Click ellitor's username, click the follow user button. Done."

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...

I went to SEC Country tonight and they had an article predicting where the top recruits in Alabama would sign. About four, maybe five were predicted to be headed to bama. . 

And for those who may not kSEC Country is free.

Archived