2017 4* OL Brett Neilon

RunInRed

AU has offered the nation's number one Center prospect ...

Excited to receive an offer from Auburn! #sec #wareagle

@brettn110

aams2_GC_400x400.jpg

Brett Neilon, OG/C

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 280 | 40: 5.14

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 3*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3*

Offers: Arizona, Arizona State, Auburn, Boston College, California, Duke, Harvard, Hawaii, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Stanford, UCLA, USC, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Washington and Washington State, among others.

Hudl Highlights

aams2_GC_400x400.jpg

Chances of pulling this guy out of CA? I know we don't have the best of track records from the west coast. Offers from Duke, Harvard, Stanford, and Vandy....pretty impressive from a non-football perspective.

Kind of figure that is the case. I love AU's campus but there is a night and day difference between AU and USC/Cal. How much country does this guy have in him? =)

I like it when we land a great center prospect. I think you can plug and play with the other spots on the line, but it takes something a little more between the ears to play center. You have to be smart and tough - not necessarily a physical freak. I still wouldn't pick a fight with this guy!

Watched the entire video. He does not play center at all in the film. He sounds like a very bright kid so I am sure he could pick up the center line calls.

I listened to his interview too. I would say he is a Stanford lean. He is waiting on an offer from them and USC. I think we have less than 1% chance of getting him to commit to AU.

#2 on the composite. #1 is Cesar Ruiz who is also AU's top C target. AU made a big move w/ Ruiz last week.

#2 on the composite. #1 is Cesar Ruiz who is also AU's top C target. AU made a big move w/ Ruiz last week.

Good clarification.

Archived