2017 RB Chuba Hubbard

JFDTiger80

We have offered this RB from Canada ...

So blessed to say I've received my 14th NCAA offer from auburn university !!! #GoTigers

@HUbbard_RMN

Capture.jpg

Chuba Hubbard, RB

Sherwood Park, AB (Bev Facey)

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 190 | 40: 4.38

• 2015 Stats: 30 majors; 2,534 rushing yards on 135 carries

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: NR

Scout: 3*

Offers: Auburn, Bowling Green, Buffalo, California, Colorado, Colorado State, Hawaii, Iowa State, Miami (FL), North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Syracuse, TCU, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas San Antonia, USC and Washington State, among others.

Hudl Highlights

"I'm looking for a school that has a great football program but also great academics," said Hubbard, who reportedly runs a 4.38-second 40-yard dash. "I'm hoping to take something in business, so a good business program (is important). I'm looking for a place that has the right atmosphere — somewhere that will keep me on my path and somewhere I'll feel at home, (that has) a team that is family."

An elite track star with a best electronic time of 10.53 seconds in the 100-meter dash, Hubbard is also likely to earn track and field scholarships, which could also factor into his decision, unlikely to come any time soon.

Hubbard plays Canadian rules football, which is slightly different from the U.S. version of the sport as players can move prior to the snap, and they play on a slightly larger field.

Due to his unfamiliarity with American football and many of the schools recruiting him, Hubbard vows to take his time and carefully consider all of his opportunities.

http://www.nj.com/ru...excited_ab.html

Chuba-Hubbard-e1459773785636.jpg

I volunteer to provide him with the Canadian's guide to Auburn. Dude, it's Ft. McMurray but 30 degrees warmer (Fahrenheit) in the summer. Better BBQ than even Calgary too.

Canadian high schools usually play the Canadian rule version of American football. My dad however was a running back on his rural Dauphin, Manitoba (Canada) high school football team in 1949 - playing strictly American rules.

Canadian high schools usually play the Canadian rule version of American football. My dad however was a running back on his rural Dauphin, Manitoba (Canada) high school football team in 1949 - playing strictly American rules.

Isn't that more like Rubgy?

Nope, a rugby ball is much puffier than an American/Canuck ball. Not that much difference in the Canadian game for recruiting purposes - it has less O generally although WRs can run toward the line of scrimmage before the snap, it's on a bigger 101 x 59 meter field (110 x 65 yards - bigger end zones) but only 3 downs to gain a 1st down. Chubba will love the 4 down game - assuming he's not playing it now. Not to belittle at all but the best competition he plays against is IMO likely analogous to 1A - 3A level in the states. Many solid big time US college players have come from that level too.

As a running back other than bigger field and 3 downs instead of 4 little difference. Because of the bigger field, 3 downs and wr can be in motiontowards line of scrimmage they rely on passing more than running. That means he probably is a solid pass blocker.

Sounds good...he supposedly averages around 18 yards per carry....No matter how good you are, those numbers require very bad competition. We'll have to camp this kid for sure if possible to see how he fares against decent competition. He may be great, but it's hard to know for sure until he is seen against some real American defense.

The same can be said for the nation's #2 dual QB out of Hawaii that just committed to Bama. His Hawaii competition is comparable to much of Canada. These guys are independently evaluated and again, many players make it big in the bigs playing sub-big competition in high school.

Archived