Kevin Steele speaks in Montgomery (4/27/16)

RunInRed

"Obviously we get no points for winning the spring game but what we wanted to try to accomplish in the spring was relentless effort, pursuit to the ball and to create a dominating attitude with just effort," Steele said before a meeting of the Montgomery Auburn club Wednesday night. "We wanted to be better tacklers, then we follow that with technique and schematically what we were doing. ... I think when you watch the video you see a group of guys that really tried to play really, really hard. I thought we tackled in that setting relatively well; there were very, very few missed tackles."
"We were effective on third down," Steele said. "It was encouraging, we were 1 of 22 (on third down), that's pretty hard to do."

http://www.al.com/au...vin_steele.html

"Carlton (Davis) really had a good spring," said Steele prior to an Auburn Alumni Association event in Montgomery Wednesday. "His skill set is high level and he improved daily. He probably if it had been a game, could have played. But it's not something that – no sense in having to do surgery on a finger just because of a spring game."
"I have not seen them in spring practice, but (Tray Matthews and Josh Holsey) look good," he said. "They're walking around good. They were in meetings and mentally they were very focused and into it. It's not a big adjustment for them, it's more about just getting healthy, because they've played a lot of football.

"But that helped us a little bit too, because we had some younger guys, Stephen Roberts got some work. Tim Irvin got some work at safety. Rudy (Ford) actually got some work at safety when he wasn't playing Star... (Markell) Boston got some work. It helped us in terms of being able get more people work. A lot of work."
"(Jamel Dean) had a really good spring," Steel said. "He's a very talented guy. He' very competitive. The last four or five days of spring practice, he really kind of made a big leap."

http://www.al.com/au...vin_steele.html

Archived