Congrats to Ricardo Louis #114 to Cleveland

3rdgeneration

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the analysis on line after.

Louis is a raw route runner with smaller hands, and he drops passes he should catch. Auburn's scheme likely stunted his growth as a route runner though. But, his upside is intriguing as Louis has good size and long arms -- he tested well at the NFL scouting combine. His 4.43 40-time, 38-inch vertical and 11-foot broad jump are notable results for a receiver prospect. Finally, he's a threat after the catch and he flashes the ability to win one-on-one downfield on tape. -- Steve Muench

Maybe Kodi can teach them what Craig, CRL and Gus have not. WDE

The Browns has drafted five WR's so far this year. Ricardo is going to have to kick some tail to make the team.

point is we are always complaining about the QBs, yet i seldom see a WR in the open. It is tough to have a high percentage when your only target is a two by two window. Probably shows why the QBs act totally in surprise when one gets wide open and they over throw them. I have yet to see Gus's offense produce a receiver that can break space.The great catches come for passes that actually should not have been even in play.He may want a run first offense but until he learns how to teach the WRs something besides down field blocking, our passing game is going to continue to look minor league and other teams will load the box. WDE

Fair added commentary by the writer.

Louis might ought to consider that maybe he should have run those simple routes a touch better and caught the ball when he had the opportunity rather than throw stones. He has plenty of game to work on that he could have done with no coaching the last 4 years.

Take some personal responsibility, maybe?

Btw, Gus made it a point to put the ball in his hands more than many others.

Fair added commentary by the writer.

Louis might ought to consider that maybe he should have run those simple routes a touch better and caught the ball when he had the opportunity rather than throw stones. He has plenty of game to work on that he could have done with no coaching the last 4 years.

Take some personal responsibility, maybe?

Btw, Gus made it a point to put the ball in his hands more than many others.

True but what he said is mostly true

I don't disagree that Gus runs an offense that has many simplicity's ... But he could have improved himself on some of the things he is complaining about. Gus went out of his way to get him the ball. Just seems a little unusual to complain in that setting.

I don't disagree that Gus runs an offense that has many simplicity's ... But he could have improved himself on some of the things he is complaining about. Gus went out of his way to get him the ball. Just seems a little unusual to complain in that setting.

Just the way it is now a days. Kids don't know to keep mouth shut

It's doesn't help when your predicted heisman contender qb blows and the team turns to a redshirt freshman as well.

He did drop critical catches but never lacked potential.

He made big catches but dropped a lot as well. Wish him nothing but the best

This is disapointing. I wish him well but predict he does not make the roster. He is simply not consistent enough. How simple the offense is has nothing to do with dropping balls.

If it weren't for the Georgia game in 13 he leaves largely unknown. Another underwhelming WR with a mouth.

Sammie, Darvin, Terrell, Kodi- they all did their jobs and had success. I'm not taking his words seriously.

Complete opposite of Countess.

Blake is a fine young man and I'm proud to have him as an Alum. Louis could have been great, Can test through the roof but personality is not NFL standard.

He's not particularly wrong but you'd prefer someone to actually have been elite at the simple things he was asked to do if he wanted more on his plate. Loved watching him play, will never forget his 2013 UGA game - people just point to the winning catch but he had his best full game that night of his career probably. Without his contributions we are still looking at 2010 as our last SEC championship. I hope he becomes a star in the NFL!

I agree with his statement though and I think it is a major problem with Gus that he has to correct. I have no problem putting emphasis on his WRs blocking but he has to develop a better passing game and that starts with route running. We run no crossing patterns. We never get the tight ends involved in the game. The only surprise passes come on a few simple wheel routes (there should be more) and letting Lutz drift out to the corner of the end zone once. We are mostly dependent on Hail Mary throws and Prayer catches. Maybe he needs to hire some one to direct his passing game. Maybe that is what Herb is here for. They had a passing game at Tulsa. Without it we will be dependent on getting once in a decade players like NM and Cam. WDE

Archived