2016 JUCO OL Linwood Foy (Louisville Commit)

RunInRed

On an official visit this weekend (4/30/16) ...

image.jpgimage.jpg

Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand is on the hunt for an offensive tackle after the departures of Shon Coleman and Avery Young to the NFL Draft, and the search has led him all the way to California.

Linwood Foy at the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita is taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend hoping to land an offer. He is eligible to play immediately at the school of his choice and has three years to play two seasons.

Hand visited with Foy in the Golden State Monday, according to COC head coach Ted Iacenda.

"(Hand) expressed a genuine interest," Iacenda told AL.com. "Coach Hand loved the way he moved... He wanted to meet him, shake his hand, look him in the eyes and get a feel for his personality and how he communicates. I think all those things met Coach Hand's approval. The idea is to get him in front of Coach (Gus) Malzahn and let the head man see him and make the decision."

Foy committed to Louisville April 9, but continues to check out other schools. He holds offers from Hawaii, Missouri, New Mexico State, Texas Tech, among others. Arizona State and Southern Cal are showing interest as well, and Foy plans to visit both schools in the future.

The 6-foot-4, 284-pound Foy was a defensive end as a freshman and played well, but Iacenda believed his athleticism, long arms, good feet and speed could make him a "special" offensive tackle. Foy made the move as a sophomore last fall and is beginning to blossom.

"He's really coming into the position," Iacenda said. "When you combine that with all these schools coming in needing an offensive tackle, all of a sudden you find this hidden gem. His grades are good. He's just waiting for someone to notice him, and now it's a free for all."

Linwood Foy at the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita is taking an official visit to Auburn this weekend hoping to land an offer. He is eligible to play immediately at the school of his choice and has three years to play two seasons.

http://www.al.com/au...inwood_foy.html

Linwood_Foy_7872.jpg

Linwood Foy, OT

Panorama City, CA (College of the Canyons)

Ht: 6'4 | Wt: 285

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

Offers: Louisville (currently committed), Hawaii, Missouri, New Mexico State and Texas Tech, among others.

Hudl Highlights

Probably been answered before, but where do the grad transfers or a JUCO late enrollee count? 2017 class or 2016 class?

Probably been answered before, but where do the grad transfers or a JUCO late enrollee count? 2017 class or 2016 class?

Grad count against the overall 85 limit but they do not count against any year's limit of 25. That's what has been stated here by someone who claimed they looked it up on the NCAA's website. I have not looked it up myself, but I believe this to be true.

JUCO signed by some date in May, counts on the 2016 annual limit of 25.

Damn AU is turning into JUCO U.

It's sad to admit you are right. AU is reminding me more and more of Mississippi State when Jackie Sherrill was coaching there.

It's sad to admit you are right. AU is reminding me more and more of Mississippi State when Jackie Sherrill was coaching there.

Maybe we can get Joe Lee Dunn and blitz on every down?

We need some players who can step up and play right away. I'm glad we're talking and offering a bunch of junior college guys.

Grad count against the overall 85 limit but they do not count against any year's limit of 25. That's what has been stated here by someone who claimed they looked it up on the NCAA's website. I have not looked it up myself, but I believe this to be true.

Thanks. That's a pretty sweet deal if accurate. Hate to ask but how do we look on the 85 limit? ;);D

Thanks. That's a pretty sweet deal if accurate. Hate to ask but how do we look on the 85 limit? ;);D

under.

We had two guys with eligibility left who chose the draft. Juco is the best way to help with that type of situation. I re-watched A-Day game last night on SEC Network and I paid particular attention to our tackles. All had moments where they looked good but all had to many moments where they didn't look good. They all seemed to be better run blockers and at this time adequate pass blockers. The good news is on a few of Golson's bad plays it seemed like he was learning the position and wasn't sure in a couple of places as opposed to not being able to handle the position. Practice and Reps will fix most of that.

At this moment our tackles are adequate and I believe with Golson, Leff, Horton, and James with practice and working out to get stronger and faster we have the potential to have better than adequate Tackles. Before the end of the upcoming season I wouldn't be surprised to see Horton and James competing for at least one of the starting Tackle positions.

For the Star Gazers on this board Kozan was a 3*, Dampeer was a 3*, Leff was a 3*, and our first backup Horton was a 3*. 4 of out top 6 O-line were 3* and Kozan is one of the best Guards in the SEC.

Maybe we can get Joe Lee Dunn and blitz on every down?

This made me r-lol. Nice.

Archived