Undrafted guys find a home

Gotta say Young made a poor decision. He could've helped himself a ton by staying a year

Guys leaving early and not getting drafted...maybe they were just tired of college and ready to move on ...degree or not.

I agree on Frost....a good guy and always a good representative of AU...probably has bigger things ahead of him in life than trying to hang on as a back-up LB somewhere.

Guess he might give it a try but his Plan B is pretty danged good. A guy who took advantage of the educational opportunity his football skills provided. I recall he selected AU because of the Aviation program.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Duke Williams ...

He definitely should have just declared last year when his stock was at it's highest.

Thanks for posting the list, Scottsboro.

Atlanta fan tired of watching the rest of the NFC South load up on AU guys. Thank goodness for Robinson Therezie.

No Duke Williams ...

He definitely should have just declared last year when his stock was at it's highest.

while his stock was higher then it was still down from what it could have been. His behavior, and he was a bit heavy last year and he was probably returning to correct those things for a better draft day. He went backwards. However, I'll take him seven days a week over Ricardo, as a football player.

No Duke Williams ...

while his stock was higher then it was still down from what it could have been. His behavior, and he was a bit heavy last year and he was probably returning to correct those things for a better draft day. He went backwards. However, I'll take him seven days a week over Ricardo, as a football player.

What ! !! At least Ricardo is on the field giving it his best....not picking fights with team mates and staying in trouble. No matter what he "could have been" Duke turned out to be a wasted scholly IMO.

No Duke Williams ...

What ! !! At least Ricardo is on the field giving it his best....not picking fights with team mates and staying in trouble. No matter what he "could have been" Duke turned out to be a wasted scholly IMO.

Gotta say Young made a poor decision. He could've helped himself a ton by staying a year

Guys leaving early and not getting drafted...maybe they were just tired of college and ready to move on ...degree or not.

I agree on Frost....a good guy and always a good representative of AU...probably has bigger things ahead of him in life than trying to hang on as a back-up LB somewhere.

Guess he might give it a try but his Plan B is pretty danged good. A guy who took advantage of the educational opportunity his football skills provided. I recall he selected AU because of the Aviation program.

I believe you're right.

Maybe he'll stick around for a while and flight instruct. Excellent job market for pilots right now when you hit the required time.

Very smart decision....

No Duke Williams ...

True, but Duke at his best was better than Ricardo at his.

No Duke Williams ...

True, but Duke at his best was better than Ricardo at his.

not even close

Apples and oranges. Duke didn't show anything when he was a number 1. Comparing Louis to what duke was able to do when we had weapons all over doesn't make too much sense to me

No Duke Williams ...

To think that just 9 short months ago Duke was Mel Kipper's and others #1 WO in the draft. He was in just about everyones top 5 and no later than a second round pick with all of the experts. (Most had him as a first round pick)

Simply a shame and no one to blame but himself. Awfully expensive punch to the jaw. Maybe we should call it, the multi-million dollar punch?

If what he did on and off the field at AU wasn't enough, Gus let's him participate in AU's pro day and he shows up totally unimpressive and out of shape. Sad, just sad!

Duke Williams wouldn't have been a high pick regardless of his off-field crap. I mentioned numerous times that the "#1 WR" s*** was absurd. Mel Kiper doesn't know anything; he's about 10 years past his prime of actually knowing WTF he's talking about.

Duke Williams is a severely limited athlete, which has nothing to do with "the punch" or getting kicked off the team.

Duke Williams wouldn't have been a high pick regardless of his off-field crap. I mentioned numerous times that the "#1 WR" s*** was absurd. Mel Kiper doesn't know anything; he's about 10 years past his prime of actually knowing WTF he's talking about.

Duke Williams is a severely limited athlete, which has nothing to do with "the punch" or getting kicked off the team.

You always have such a sweet way of wording things. Ever thought of writing poetry or say, romantic novels for a living?

Johnathon Jones will get at least 4 years in the NFL at some role. Major steal to be a UDFA.

Maybe Kiper does maybe he does not but his opinion is still respected by the major sports network going on now. No one can say what could have become of Duke because he blew his shot. At the time of Mel's analysis he was playing some great ball in the top conference in the nation. Somebody would have given him a chance if he could have kept his head on straight.

Maybe Kiper does maybe he does not but his opinion is still respected by the major sports network going on now. No one can say what could have become of Duke because he blew his shot. At the time of Mel's analysis he was playing some great ball in the top conference in the nation. Somebody would have given him a chance if he could have kept his head on straight.

You're missing the point: even if he kept himself clean, he would have still showed up to the Combine and afterwards dropped like a rock after the abysmal showing he put up. A receiver who runs a 4.72, only jumps 30 inches, and who finishes dead last and second last in the 3-cone and short-shuttle isn't going to be a major NFL target regardless of what he did in college.

De'Runnya Wilson didn't get kicked out of school and he still went undrafted. Why? Because he went to the Combine and ran a 4.8. College production means literally dick-all if you've got the athleticism of a lineman.

Duke has the physical gift to be a really good WR. He just never has gotten it mentally.

Your favorite line today....

Archived