Congrats to the Lashlees'

AUcivE09

Rhett's wife gave birth to twin girls last night. Already has twin boys. Maybe "good luck" is more like it!

Two sets of twins! Unless they used fertility, dude needs to play the lottery!

Congratulations to the Lashlee's indeed.

That said, he already has a dream job. I'd rather he play the lottery on my behalf.

Two sets of twins....now that's an efficient offense.

See, y'all, I knew Gus/Lashlee preferred the dual-threats.

Also, the apostrophe in the thread title indicates possession rather than its intended plural form, "Lashlees."

So many great comments in here, including the grammar-related one. *insert joke about 2 QB system here*

Congrats, Lashlee family!

I made a "C" in English/Grammar/What ever that class was called. I offer no apology for a grammar mistake! Congratulations to the Lashlee's reproductive systems. Better? =)

I made a "C" in English/Grammar/What ever that class was called. I offer no apology for a grammar mistake! Congratulations to the Lashlee's reproductive systems. Better? =)

Actually, it's plural so it should be Lashlees'.

I'm very brave behind my keyboard... ;)

And Mrs. Lashlee looked like a million bucks before, during and after the birth. Rhett needs to keep the prayers going because he out kicked the coverage by 10 football fields.

It was not my intent to come across as the Grammar Nazi, but now I'm afraid I'm going to:

When Loof said "Actually, it's plural so it should be Lashlees'" (with the apostrophe on the end) he meant it should be "congratulations to the Lashlees' reproductive systems."

The thread title as it stands should just be "Congratulations to the Lashlees" (without any apostrophes) if we're just talking about multiple members of the Lashlee family unit.

I only say this because, although the thread title has been changed, it is now just in a different incorrect state.

And it's Wednesday in May and there's not much else to talk about.

I apologize. I probably should have just let it go.

It was not my intent to come across as the Grammar Nazi, but now I'm afraid I'm going to:

When Loof said "Actually, it's plural so it should be Lashlees'" (with the apostrophe on the end) he meant it should be "congratulations to the Lashlees' reproductive systems."

The thread title as it stands should just be "Congratulations to the Lashlees" (without any apostrophes) if we're just talking about multiple members of the Lashlee family unit.

I only say this because, although the thread title has been changed, it is now just in a different incorrect state.

And it's Wednesday in May and there's not much else to talk about.

I apologize. I probably should have just let it go.

No, I'm glad you pointed it out, because I hadn't even noticed the change. Correct, I was referring to the plural possessive. An apostrophe should never be used to denote pluralization- only possession, plural possession or a contraction... I think.

But to further confuse things- to denote the possessive with "it", you leave out the apostrophe. Our language is so weird.

It is fairly common for those who have twins in their family tree then it is likely they will have twins and it is likely they will have twins multiple times. Guy I worked with, who REALLY wanted a son, had twin girls. Then 18 months later had triplet girls. Then finally 20 months later finally had 1 son. It is just the way it works sometimes.

It is fairly common for those who have twins in their family tree then it is likely they will have twins and it is likely they will have twins multiple times. Guy I worked with, who REALLY wanted a son, had twin girls. Then 18 months later had triplet girls. Then finally 20 months later finally had 1 son. It is just the way it works sometimes.

That is dedication.

Archived