Malzahn Interview (5/05/16)

RunInRed

yup. all you need is one strip-sack or big turnover to completely change the big MO in a game. au has not done that much of late.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been "flashes" of the AU defenses of old, but very little consistency for which I'm sure there are a myriad of excuses and reasons for fielding defenses that land in the bottom half of the conference every year for nearly a decade.

I think our Dline will be top 5 in the conference this year which "should" help the secondary. Steele has talent to work with, we'll if he has any better results than his many predecessors.

So pretty much if we play like an NFL Superbowl winner we'll win? I agree. I guess the question is do we have the capability to do so

I want to see the urgency we had in 2013. That team, and Marshall in particular, was busting it to the line of scrimmage. I want that frenetic energy back. It'll help any of the QBs.

Gus said last night at a function that AU would be "fast as crap".

Well, we looked like diarrhea at times the last couple of years. I'm hoping for something more solid, firm, and with some consistency this season. :)

Well, we looked like diarrhea at times the last couple of years. I'm hoping for something more solid, firm, and with some consistency this season. :)/>

Are we still talking about football or the intricacies of the human digestive system...lol

Did someone follow up with a question of who's crap he was speaking? From my experience, the older you get, the slower it is, so if he's talking about his crap, I'm not impressed.

UL and Clemson are not in the same stratosphere, though.

Clemson beat UL 20-17 last year.

Ok. And we demolished Memphis who beat Ole Miss who beat us. I don't think that is a good way to truly compare when a game of football is so dependent on specific match ups all over the field which vary greatly from game to game. UL ended up 8-5. Clemson was the national runner up.

Would you consider Auburn and Kentucky on the same level in 2010 because we won at the very end on a field goal?

Well, we looked like diarrhea at times the last couple of years. I'm hoping for something more solid, firm, and with some consistency this season. :)/>

Are we still talking about football or the intricacies of the human digestive system...lol

It's probably the best metaphorical comparison to be made at this point

Ok. And we demolished Memphis who beat Ole Miss who beat us. I don't think that is a good way to truly compare when a game of football is so dependent on specific match ups all over the field which vary greatly from game to game. UL ended up 8-5. Clemson was the national runner up.

Would you consider Auburn and Kentucky on the same level in 2010 because we won at the very end on a field goal?

Stop attacking!

We are going to have to put up 35 to beat Clemson on opening night IMO. Hopefully we can get a special teams TD and force a turnover close to our end zone because I don't think our O will be ready to put that many points/yards on any power 5 school straight out of the gate like that.

im hoping they've got Carlson hitting 80 yarders by the time Clemson is in town

lol. I was going to ask the same thing!

Stop attacking!

Lolol sorry I couldn't contain my inner bully

Stop attacking!

Lolol sorry I couldn't contain my inner bully

Some comments just demand a response...so don't feel too bad...

he should just go ahead and curse.

^Yeah it was definitely more than Cam. The importance of the OL is so often overlooked (I know it's not the most reliable source but a recent BR ranking of the OLs ranked ours 3rd). Looking back it's amazing how many seniors we had and how we arrived at that point.

That Offensive Line just mauled people. They made the whole thing work on offense. Same thing in 2013.

^Yeah it was definitely more than Cam. The importance of the OL is so often overlooked (I know it's not the most reliable source but a recent BR ranking of the OLs ranked ours 3rd). Looking back it's amazing how many seniors we had and how we arrived at that point.

That Offensive Line just mauled people. They made the whole thing work on offense. Same thing in 2013.

Definitely, our success on offense next year will weigh heavily on the offensive line. We dropped off after 2013.

Consistent offense line play has been lacking since then.

Definitely, our success on offense next year will weigh heavily on the offensive line. We dropped off after 2013.

Jeff Grimes was a great recruiter and a pretty good coach. The other Grimes was neither. Never understood why Gus didn't keep Jeff. Still don't . Maybe Hand will help us. The loss of Robinson and Jay Prosch really hurt us in 2014, coupled with Kozan's injury. I remember the KSU game thinking that game was the canary in the coal mine for problems looming.

The other Grimes was neither? Ummm, okay.

may be the worst post I have ever seen.

I laughed and laughed and laughed

Jeff Grimes was a great recruiter and a pretty good coach. The other Grimes was neither. Never understood why Gus didn't keep Jeff. Still don't . Maybe Hand will help us. The loss of Robinson and Jay Prosch really hurt us in 2014, coupled with Kozan's injury. I remember the KSU game thinking that game was the canary in the coal mine for problems looming.

Jeff Grimes was a huge horses ass. Met the man plenty of times.

Archived