One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol....Gus...some of AUFamily's finest may be mad first. I think it's a good idea...Never any harm learning from one of the best DT QBs ever.

Good. The guy needs a LOT of help if he wants to have a legitimate chance to start in the fall. That said, even Michael Vick probably won't be enough to make that happen.

Lol....Gus...some of AUFamily's finest may be mad first. I think it's a good idea...Never any harm learning from one of the best DT QBs ever.

I say good for him. I definitely like how he personally reached out to someone with no Auburn affiliation so no one could claim any violations. I would be shocked to hear anything negative from Gus about this. I would also not be surprised to hear that Sean suddenly finds his own NFL QB to throw with, since he's known for being ultra competitive.

For all we know, it was Gus approved. Which is a step in the right direction. I can't see that any QB wouldn't consult with Gus first before approaching outside coaching.

Bingo

For all we know, it was Gus approved. Which is a step in the right direction. I can't see that any QB wouldn't consult with Gus first before approaching outside coaching.

Exactly.

Vick's footwork looks a little sloppy in his warmup!

I'm happy Franklin is working. I'm pulling for him (and for Sean and for Jeremy). I always wonder, though, who is paying for the trainer's time? Forget Vick. He's loaded, and I could see him doing it to help out a talented young guy. But, the trainer? I mean, he's doing what he does for a living. Who's paying that guy?

Bingo

Yep......pretty much the kiss of death, in theory, not to tell your head coach......

I'm happy Franklin is working. I'm pulling for him (and for Sean and for Jeremy). I always wonder, though, who is paying for the trainer's time? Forget Vick. He's loaded, and I could see him doing it to help out a talented young guy. But, the trainer? I mean, he's doing what he does for a living. Who's paying that guy?

What do we know about JF3's background? He could have a family member paying. Or I suppose he could be using whatever stipend/financial aid to contribute to it.

Bingo

Yep......pretty much the kiss of death, in theory, not to tell your head coach......

And also post it on social media? You'd have to be a special kind of stupid to do that.

If it helps us beat the dawgs....... :cool: JOKE!

If it helps us beat the dawgs....... :cool:/> JOKE!

I'm sure in prison Mike was beating turds too, js.

shocks, I'm not saying there is anything untoward about it. I'm literally wondering aloud. I wonder how this works.

shocks, I'm not saying there is anything untoward about it. I'm literally wondering aloud. I wonder how this works.

I didn't take it that way. Just providing possible answers, because I am also curious how it works.

They could have a payment plan to be paid off upon graduation.

If it helps us beat the dawgs....... :cool:/> JOKE!

I'm sure in prison Mike was beating turds too, js.

You owe me a new keyboard and Dr. Pepper!!!! LOL

Very interesting! When this type of development was discussed just a few months ago in regards to other QB's on the roster. It was stated that GM absolutely would not allow it. Obviously something or someone has changed and IMO it's an excellent idea.

I'm guessing they are playing in a gray area. Vick is paying the trainer to train him and John is just hanging with Vick. Since Vick has no connection to Auburn, it would be hard for the NCAA to say anything.

I think there is way too much made of the not wanting the QBs to get help outside. We are talking about a raw athletic kid that by most information we have is not close to being ready to play in this offense. Who cares who he works with? I bet Gus don't. He is a long shot anyway.

Archived