One of our QB's is working out with Michael Vick..

dmoney

The only people that makes him a long shot are people on this board....fact is no qb has separated themselves. And out of the three JF3 gets a little leeway, he didn't know the playbook and all that stuff. It's disappointing the guys that have years in the offense aren't heads and shoulders above the new guy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If happy with any outside help, wish it was Cam but I'll take Vick

Actually, I'm going to disagree with this. If JF3 (assuming he started) played like Cam, Sean White would be taking snaps by the 2nd half and JF3 would be broken in half. Cam can do what he does because (as Herby put it) "he's built like a TE, runs like a RB, and has the arm of a QB".

JF3 needs to be mentored by someone who plays like him, and Vick is just about the closest thing. Go back and watch Vick's college highlight tape- there's a reason he was in the running for the Heisman at VT. He played loose and let the game come to him, and above all used his legs as the ultimate weapon. Speed kills.

If I was picking QBs for JF3 to work with, Vick would be tied for #1 with Johnny Football. Both players (on the field) were some of the most electric QBs of the modern era, and both played with similar skill sets to JF3.

Vick | Manziel | JF3

Height 6'0" 6'0" 6'0"

Weight 210 207 174

40 time 4.25* 4.68 4.28**

* Vick's 40 time was run before the implementation of laser timing. His 40 was hand timed.

**This was at Auburn. In JUCO, he ran a 4.38.

The only people that makes him a long shot are people on this board....fact is no qb has separated themselves. And out of the three JF3 gets a little leeway, he didn't know the playbook and all that stuff. It's disappointing the guys that have years in the offense aren't heads and shoulders above the new guy

i think they are.

You can say this 1000x, it won't matter. I am happy he is getting outside help though.

Actually, I'm going to disagree with this. If JF3 (assuming he started) played like Cam, Sean White would be taking snaps by the 2nd half and JF3 would be broken in half. Cam can do what he does because (as Herby put it) "he's built like a TE, runs like a RB, and has the arm of a QB".

JF3 needs to be mentored by someone who plays like him, and Vick is just about the closest thing. Go back and watch Vick's college highlight tape- there's a reason he won the Heisman at VT. He played loose and let the game come to him, and above all used his legs as the ultimate weapon. Speed kills.

If I was picking QBs for JF3 to work with, Vick would be tied for #1 with Johnny Football. Both players (on the field) were some of the most electric QBs of the modern era, and both played with similar skill sets to JF3.

Vick | Manziel | JF3

Height 6'0" 6'0" 6'0"

Weight 210 207 174

* Vick's 40 time was run before the implementation of laser timing. His 40 was hand timed.

All good except Vick never won the Heisman.

It is a shame JJ isn't way ahead of him. It is also a shame SW (who is way ahead of him) got hurt last year. Then there is Tyler Queens injuries, just too bad.

It is a shame JJ isn't way ahead of him. It is also a shame SW (who is way ahead of him) got hurt last year. Then there is Tyler Queens injuries, just too bad.

How is SW way ahead of him? Based on what? SW looked pretty bad against Memphis and that had nothing to do with his injury. SW didn't look all that gravy in the A-Day game either. SW will probably start, but not because he is way ahead of him. If anything, he will start because he is the most comfortable in our offense and he looks it.

How is SW way ahead of him? Based on what? SW looked pretty bad against Memphis and that had nothing to do with his injury. SW didn't look all that gravy in the A-Day game either. SW will probably start, but not because he is way ahead of him. If anything, he will start because he is the most comfortable in our offense and he looks it.

Based on the coach that told me. Sorry you don't like SW. Why don't you like him? Is it on or off the field issues?

Based on the coach that told me. Sorry you don't like SW. Why don't you like him? Is it on or off the field issues?

What coach told you? Oh, btw I have no problem with SW, However ,I will point out his glaring deficiencies, like I have done with every single QB on every single thread I have entered. SW is a great intermediate passer. SW has a turnover issue. SW played great against Arkansas. GOOD. He did not play great against Memphis. He was ok in the A-DAY game. He managed the game against the likes of UK, Ole Miss and MSU. He was decimated against UGA, Although i will attribute this to his injury. Based on what I have seen of all QBs, I have concluded (it has been noted on multiple threads) that SW should start. Not because he is head and shoulders better than the rest, but as of right now, he at least looks the part. He looks very comfortable in the pocket, as he should seeing he is a pocket passer.

I can sit here and point out the obvious for JJ. He is by FAR the most talented out of all of them. He is mentally not there, nor do I think he will be. His confidence is completely shot. JFIII is by far the best athlete out of all of them, however, he still needs to grasp the playbook and he does not look polished in the pocket. He needs to work on footwork and prove that he can make the obvious pass. If he cannot do the simple things e.g. limit turnovers and take what the defense gives him, then no! he shouldn't play QB.

Unlike you, I can see there is serious potential in all of the QBs with some glaring deficiencies in each of them as well. This is part of the reason why there is no obvious starter behind center, which has led to rumors of our coaching staff looking into Eli and Webb. So I am not going to write anyone off at the moment.

People are just dumb if they think jf3 doesn't have a decent shot at starting. Gus would not have given him so many snaps if he wasn't hoping for something to happen. I think SW is in the lead, but I really think Gus would love for jf3 to take the starting job.

Vick needs someone to throw to...

Since everyone has opinions ... I'll say that Vick is paying this college helper (JF3) to shag balls for him ... In the process he might also mention a footwork tip or 2 during the sessions ...

This is JF3's summer job ... Good gig!

If SW was way ahead, a starter would be named already, this thing will last till within a minimum of 2 weeks befor kick off and by then jF3 will start. He would be now if not for only being here a few months. SW has had 2 years in the system, if he was the best it would have been over in the spring. Just like in 2010. And just like how fast Nick was named. When your better u get the job, JF3 needed spring and fall to get there and he will very likely be there by then. First few games my even be a little rough but by game 4 he will be on a roll. If he doesn't improve and SW gets the job then it's not because he was great it's because JF3 failed. That's the reason he is here playing QB and not WR.

A starter will not be named until after it is clear if Eli Jenkins will come to Auburn. If he comes to Auburn, a starter will not be named until the Fall.

JF3 needs to be mentored by someone who plays like him, and Vick is just about the closest thing. Go back and watch Vick's college highlight tape- there's a reason he won the Heisman at VT. He played loose and let the game come to him, and above all used his legs as the ultimate weapon. Speed kills.

Vick | Manziel | JF3

Height 6'0" 6'0" 6'0"

Weight 210 207 174

All good except Vick never won the Heisman.

My mistake. Vick finished 3rd in Heisman voting. OP fixed.

Does this mean JF3 is in the dog house :dunno:/>

You win

While I agree SW has been here 2 years and could be better...I think that the coaching staff has not done him any favors. IMO, they need to build the offensive plan to take advantage of his strength...passing....not him running the zone read but I'm not the coach. It's not his fault he's not a runner like Cam or Nick. The coaches that recruited him to AU should now be coaching/developing him to be the best qb in the SEC. But it appears that they are still out looking for that lightning in a bottle.

i think they are.

Yes, but like I said it's just people on this board with inside info or whatnot, but there was nothing official to say this

Sorry I'm not believIng this. Can't believe you talk to a coach and you don't know the structure of a football practice

Sorry I'm not believIng this. Can't believe you talk to a coach and you don't know the structure of a football practice

He talks to a coach but not at practice. I used to talk to swimming coach David Marsh quite often, yet the next swimming practice I attend will be my first.

Maybe working with Vick can reverse the damage Lashlee has done. I'm afraid that JJ is too far ruined and Sean White it at his tipping point. It's good that Vick got to Franklin this early. My hope is that Rhett doesn't completely uncoach him by the time Clemson roles into town.

More to being the starting QB than on the field issues; thus Jucos are still being looked at and considered.

It shouldn't amaze anyone on here, that you honestly feel, you know how to structure "Wide Receiver Practice Drills and Game Prep" better than Gus himself.

Maybe working with Vick can reverse the damage Lashlee has done. I'm afraid that JJ is too far ruined and Sean White it at his tipping point. It's good that Vick got to Franklin this early. My hope is that Rhett doesn't completely uncoach him by the time Clemson roles into town.

There will be folks that argue it's the same Rhett Lashlee that coached Nick Marshall. :Sing:

IMO, any outside help these young QBs can get on their own is a good thing. An unbiased set of eyes watching their fundamentals and working with them one on one may or may not improve them tremendously, but I don't think is would hurt them either.

Archived