University of Auburn Question

tinman

Serious question. I keep reading about recruits that commit to "The University of Auburn" rather than Auburn University. Does anyone know if Vanderbilt, Clemson, Louisville or others have the same thing happen to them? Not that it matters as long as we get the commit.

Serious question. I keep reading about recruits that commit to "The University of Auburn" rather than Auburn University. Does anyone know if Vanderbilt, Clemson, Louisville or others have the same thing happen to them? Not that it matters as long as we get the commit.

I hope a Louisville fan does not pass through. You got them wrong. They are The University of Louisville. lol

I hope a Louisville fan does not pass through. You got them wrong. They are The University of Louisville. lol

My bad. Heck, I got it wrong but I'm only a 1 star recruit so no one really cares. ^-^

The first person I ever heard say "University of Auburn" was Pat Dye in his press conference following being hired at AU.

I think it is done (unintentionally) to add to the drama of the announcement. "I'm going to play football for the University of...........(drum roll)..........

The first person I ever heard say "University of Auburn" was Pat Dye in his press conference following being hired at AU.

Yep. Still like saying this till this day. I think it's funny.

It's not a bad recruiting technique .....gives us two programs to sell.....if a kid is not too impressed with Auburn University the coaches can then tell him about the University of Auburn which is a very nice school .....and which might be more appealing to him.

Notre Dame folks go crazy when they're referred to as Notre Dame University (which is what they're commonly called) instead of the University of Notre Dame.

If a Verne, Gary or Corso calls us that... then I'm annoyed.

If a guy who has been in the program calls us that... then I'm curious what the heck he was doing while he was here.

If some kid in or just out of high school says it... I can't imagine a single reason to care.

Archived