TV Schedule Opening Week

Gonna be a long day leading up to the game. Pace yourselves, folks. Drink plenty of water.

Going to be a challenge for me b/c i know i'll be on edge all day. Now i got to water down the good stuff to make sure 1. I can still calm my nerves some & 2. I'm not hammered by the time kickoff arrives.

hell, I might go fishing or play golf to stay out of the juice a little longer.

Amateurs.

Yep. :thumbsdown:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be a long day leading up to the game. Pace yourselves, folks. Drink plenty of water.

Going to be a challenge for me b/c i know i'll be on edge all day. Now i got to water down the good stuff to make sure 1. I can still calm my nerves some & 2. I'm not hammered by the time kickoff arrives.

Amateurs.

Yep. :thumbsdown:/>

exactly opposite of amateur. Just a worn out pro who found his limits.

I hope that's the Todd Blackledge crew. I like them the best when it comes to calling games.

Brad Nessler is on that crew. He will take over for Vern on CBS when he retires at some point. Not sure when though.

Amateurs.

Yep. :thumbsdown:/>

exactly opposite of amateur. Just a worn out pro who found his limits.

Now you just making excuses. Man up.

I can't tell you how many times I've gotten tanked before a night game and forgotten who won, when I wake up on Sunday. Lol

Haha. I'm too old for those habits. Like Shock said....I'm going to have to pace myself!

Good idea! I certainly can waste some hours with the rod and reel. Not an avid fisher but enjoy when i do.

Amateurs.

Alchies :drink9:

I too hope it's the Todd Blackledge and his crew calling the Auburn. BTW, is that 8 CST or eastern time?

I too hope it's the Todd Blackledge and his crew calling the Auburn. BTW, is that 8 CST or eastern time?

CT

Pace yourself :pcprobs::beatmullet::banghead: :banghead: my ass start early and finish up big.......................................Never

Amateurs.

Bunch of numnut wussies

It's going to be an Orange Out...All Auburn All Orange.

That's it. I'm going to this one.

4th quarter will be pushing 1:00 AM "Clempson Standard Time".

The Turds kick an hour ahead, without their blindside tackle, against CLK's former employer in a neutral location. I want to be in JHS when we are playing the #2 team tight and the #1 team falls.

Also, thank you football gods... For the first time I can remember, we aren't kicking at 11:00 AM in the late August sun.

The Turds kick an hour ahead, without their blindside tackle, against CLK's former employer in a neutral location. I want to be in JHS when we are playing the #2 team tight and the #1 team falls.

Also, thank you football gods... For the first time I can remember, we aren't kicking at 11:00 AM in the late August sun.

We rarely have an 11 AM August game.

We rarely have an 11 AM August game.

You are technically correct. If you give me some room for exaggeration, I think my point stands.

2011 was 11AM

2013 was 6PM

2014 was 3PM

There are a lot of 6PMs going back the last decade or 2. I can handle the 6PMs.

I'm not so much worried about the TV time and getting drunk. I hate having to park and walk when the sun is high in the summer in Alabama. It's draining.

Humor me a little more and look at the second game. It's that Sept 5 or Sept 12 @ 11AM that'll get you, too.

As usual for every opening weekend...I should be on the beach in the private beachfront house my father in law rents every year. I'll hopefully be about a week in on pacing myself ;D:hellyeah:

<rant>

(Not directed at you, autigeremt, I understand this is a school-sanctioned thing.)

This chaps my hide every time I hear it. It sounds desperate. It sounds like pandering.

"White Outs" work because there's a culturally known term that sounds like it (the eponymous name for correction fluid).

"Black Outs" work because it also sounds like a culturally-known term (for a power outage or Golf's state by 6PM on autumn Saturdays).

BUT THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN ORANGE-OUT. That's just taking one of our colors and adjoining it with a word other schools have appended to their colors because someone thought it would give us a unique theme for a game.

It doesn't. I think we can do better.

Let's call it an Orange Crush, because, you know, that's a thing people have bought in a vending machine before.

Call it a Clockwork Orange and intimidate the visiting fans with ultra-violence (no, not really) and offer them Milk Plus at tailgates.

Agent Orange? To kill their plants? (Okay, bad example.)

</rant>

I don't think the school calls it orange-out. I think it's All Auburn-All Orange

Dont we usually go blue for Clemson? 2010, 2012? I'm so sick of playing them. Haven't even played Florida since 2011. Haven't been to Florida since 2007?

Dont we usually go blue for Clemson? 2010, 2012? I'm so sick of playing them. Haven't even played Florida since 2011. Haven't been to Florida since 2007?

Yeah, I agree. We play Clemson more than we play quite a few teams in our own conference. How dumb is that?

Archived