Tim Irvin

RunInRed

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have better depth than most think. I didn't think he would see the field much this year.

Thank you, Tim. Good luck in your future

Awe Man, I just don't get it. Kid is very talented and saw playing time as a true Freshman. I expected to see him lock down a starting position. Not sure what went wrong but not happy about this.

He played pretty well as an undersized freshman......was expecting him to put on some weight and become more of a factor. Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

Well he was third at nickel after spring so I think he just got to far down the chart and wanted to move on. Nothing wrong with that, he has talent but if he wasn't gonna see the field much and I think that's the case he did the right thing. I'm sure he asked the coaches and knew it was best.

I absolutely hate this. There was a reason Muschamp and TRob were all over this kid. Sure Rudy will probably start at his position, but he is a Sr and only has one season remaining. Irvin will have to sit a year. This doesn't add up. There has to be something behind the scenes that I am confident we will never find out. It just sucks any way you try and spin it

Well he was third at nickel after spring so I think he just got to far down the chart and wanted to move on. Nothing wrong with that, he has talent but if he wasn't gonna see the field much and I think that's the case he did the right thing. I'm sure he asked the coaches and knew it was best.

How do you know where he was on the depth chart?

I absolutely hate this. There was a reason Muschamp and TRob were all over this kid. Sure Rudy will probably start at his position, but he is a Sr and only has one season remaining. Irvin will have to sit a year. This doesn't add up. There has to be something behind the scenes that I am confident we will never find out. It just sucks any way you try and spin it

(One of many) canaries in the coal mine?

(One of many) canaries in the coal mine?

Yawn.

We have better depth than most think. I didn't think he would see the field much this year.

Thank you, Tim. Good luck in your future

Bird please expand on this.

Dean- Coming off injury

Holsey- Coming off multiple injuries

Dinson- injured

TJ Davis- Coming off injury

A graduate transfer we know nothing about.

I do not see this depth. Looks extremely thin to me. Especially if things go south

Sorry to see him go. I thought he would be at least a 2 year starter.

He was a big hitter and had a nose for the ball. He had a motor. I really thought he could be a big contributor

This sucks

Most of the ones you mentioned are corners

Tim was never going to play corner. He was going to play the nickle/star type role. Holsey and Ford are far better than Irvin was going to be this year.

Trey

Roberts

Ford

Ruffin

Boston

Holsey

Are all safeties that had worked their way ahead of Tim. Don't get me wrong, he was good and added depth, but he wasn't going to contribute much this year in the back end. Just my .02

^What is your prediction for the secondary's starting lineup? While this year's secondary could be pretty good, next year's might be REALLY good--depends on who starts.

Most of the ones you mentioned are corners

Tim was never going to play corner. He was going to play the nickle/star type role. Holsey and Ford are far better than Irvin was going to be this year.

Trey

Roberts

Ford

Ruffin

Boston

Holsey

Are all safeties that had worked their way ahead of Tim. Don't get me wrong, he was good and added depth, but he wasn't going to contribute much this year in the back end.

Again that's not great depth if Injuries happen. Boston is a bench player, Irvin would contribute more than Boston. I like Rudy if he moved down to nickel but will our other safety be able to pick up the slack alongside tray? If Holsey faced another injury Irvin is right in the fold. Btw I consider NB a corner and not a safety which is why I listed corners

Hate to lose young depth. I agree with bird. This season was not a concern for me. I thought Tim could be very good his last two years while getting some quality mop up this season. I wonder where he ends up though?

Archived