2018 5* RB Zamir White (UGA)

RunInRed

Update 6/27/17: Committed to UGA

Picked up an AU offer (5/24/16) ...

5-star RB @zeus1_34 has been offered by the #Auburn #Tigers.

@ChadSimmons_

1581352.jpg

Zamir White, RB

Laurinburg, NC (Scotland County)

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 209 | 40: 4.35

• Class of 2018
  • Sophomore Stats: 43 total TDs on 260 carries for 2,159 yards (8.3 ypc, ~180 ypg)
  • Georgia had early lean but he hit the recruiting reset button after Richt was booted
  • Where's jersey number 34 "because of Bo Jackson"
  • Wants to pursue a degree in Criminal Justice

247Sports: 5*

Rivals: 5*

Scout: 5*

There's not much White doesn't do at a very high level. He has a great combination of speed, size and power. White is instinctive and has very good vision. He can make defenders miss or run over them. White can also run inside or outside and is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball. He is going to be a very special player.

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2017

White will be a perfect fit at any school, regardless of their offensive system. At 6-foot, 205 pounds he has an ideal frame to run with power and speed. When running between the tackles, White shows excellent burst through the line of scrimmage, can run through tackles and find the end zone with ease. If he has to run to the outside, he has no trouble beating defenders to the edge, faking out would-be tacklers, finding cutback lanes and out-running any defenders giving chase.

“White has everything you want in a running back – he has size, speed, vision and he’s able to make people miss or break tackles. He hits the line of scrimmage decisively, he runs with excellent pad level and when he gets a step on his opponent he’s gone. He’s a downhill runner with elite speed and reminds me of some of the old school running backs I’ve seen like Knowshon Moreno when they were coming out. He runs like his hair is on fire and you have to love that.” – Rivals.com National Recruiting Director Mike Farrell.

https://n.rivals.com...ars-zamir-white

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

zamirwhite.jpg

He looks great. Love how quick he gets to the LOS. Give him Bo's phone number. I am sure Bo would welcome talking to him.

It is an understatement to say this guy would be a great get. That much talent and won't sign till 2018. I like the fact that he wears Bo's number.

Unfortunately, it's also Herschel's number. :(/> :lol:/>

But he said he wears it because of Bo.

We need Bo to help recruit...

• 4 weeks later...

How hard are we going after this kid?

Probably pretty hard. There is not much team recruiting coverage media wise on 2018 kids right now unless they are committed.

i usually don't pay attention to hype for high school runningbacks, because most are overrated and overhyped.....this kid has more in common with BO and hesrchel than most realize, and its not just the jersey number.....watch the feet on BO and herschel, and watch this kid......this kid is a legitimate blue chip runningback....if he has a solid character and work ethic, look out....

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, AU80cruiser said:

This is the running back we need to get in 2018. I'd take him over butterbean and I would love to have butterbean but white has a definite size advantage.

White & Lingard are the top 2 AU RB targets for 2018. I have not seen Butterbean's name mentioned on any other AU site to this point.

I think Butterbean is a great HS back, I am not convinced he looks like SEC starting back material. JMO.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

White & Lingard are the top 2 AU RB targets for 2018. I have not seen Butterbean's name mentioned on any other AU site to this point.

I seriously doubt we give butterbean a chance. He is just my personal biased pick.

I'm imagining we'all have to put the "full court press" on him since he's likely a player we'll have to battle the likes of uat and tOsu for as I doubt he drops out of the 5* top RB in the nation category unless he gets injured. 

Archived