Before the crash she blamed on speculators, Elizabeth Warren made a bundle by flipping houses

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the argument ?

I don't recall criticizing anyone in the right for flipping houses. :dunno:

Warren seems to criticize in the practice of buying foreclosed homes and flipping them though.

Link?

Just going on what I read in the papers...

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/elizabeth-warrens-problems-pile-up/2012/06/04/gJQAnppjDV_blog.html

Housing bubble problems started under Bill Clinton, and the policies HE championed.

But let's not talk about that.

Warren seems to criticize in the practice of buying foreclosed homes and flipping them though.

Link?

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as “flipping” properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/post/elizabeth-warrens-problems-pile-up/2012/06/04/gJQAnppjDV_blog.html

This article draws equivalencies that don't appear to be there. One can oppose predatory loans and a certain class of foreclosures, and still buy a property that has been foreclosed. I oppose those things, but once a foreclosed house is on the market, I might buy it. Many foreclosures these past few years were on homes bought by speculators trying to benefit from a rising market. Texas had a ton of homes purchased from 2005-2007 by investors who would rent them as they planned to soon benefit from rapid appreciation.

Link?

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as "flipping" properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

https://www.washingt...ppjDV_blog.html

This article draws equivalencies that don't appear to be there. One can oppose predatory loans and a certain class of foreclosures, and still buy a property that has been foreclosed. I oppose those things, but once a foreclosed house is on the market, I might buy it. Many foreclosures these past few years were on homes bought by speculators trying to benefit from a rising market. Texas had a ton of homes purchased from 2005-2007 by investors who would rent them as they planned to soon benefit from rapid appreciation.

This reminds me of critizing tax reformers for taking advantage of existing tax laws.

Guest NC1406

Link?

So if you and Liz have no problem doing this. Why it is a problem that little handed don sees a potential crash as an opportunity?

Link?

So if you and Liz have no problem doing this. Why it is a problem that little handed don sees a potential crash as an opportunity?

Most normal, decent people have no trouble seeing the distinction between dealing with economic reality after it occurs and actively hoping a crash happens so you can benefit.

So why criticize another that does the same?

Because it is the way liberals roll....do as they say but NEVER as they do because, if you do, you're going to be fiercely attacked politically by a bunch of duplicitous hypocrites. Fauxcahontas is a laughable phony.

Link?

Most normal, decent people have no trouble seeing the distinction between dealing with economic reality after it occurs and actively hoping a crash happens so you can benefit.

Such a convenient characterization that doesn't change a thing. Fauxcahontas not only capitalized on foreclosures in OKC she also lent her brother a bunch of money so he could too and charged him 9.5% interest. Seems to me Warren and her family were pretty damned jazzed about the opportunity. I can just see her shedding crocodile tears for those displaced families while lining her pockets with profits from their flipped foreclosures.

Link?

Elizabeth Warren, who has railed against predatory banks and heartless foreclosures, took part in about a dozen Oklahoma real estate deals that netted her and her family hefty profits through maneuvers such as "flipping" properties, records show. A Herald review has found that the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate rapidly bought and sold homes herself, loaned money at high interest rates to relatives and purchased foreclosed properties at bargain prices.

Such a convenient characterization that doesn't change a thing. Fauxcahontas not only capitalized on foreclosures in OKC she also lent her brother a bunch of money so he could too and charged him 9.5% interest. Seems to me Warren and her family were pretty damned jazzed about the opportunity. I can just see her shedding crocodile tears for those displaced families while lining her pockets with profits from their flipped foreclosures.

Wow. What rhetoric. :rolleyes:

Do you understand the foreclosures had already happened and Warren had nothing to do with it?

And how should our economy deal with the real estate left after such a collapse?

Perhaps you would rather have the government deal with it instead of the private sector?

Link?

Come on guys, you know that the liberal crowd doesn't have to be consistent between what they do and say....that's for chumps...or for that matter, they don't really get bogged down with the truth of things at all...Fauxahontas made her entire career on the lie that she was native American....and entire career built on a lie...why would you think hypocrisy regarding speculating on foreclosed properties would give her pause....Blonde haired, blue-eyed and white until some time in the 80's, then suddenly she made a hit with the Ivy League crowd claiming native american ancestry....$300,000 year Harvard Salary. (ouch, evil top 4%-ter)..a position in the Obama admin, victory in the Mass senate race, U of Penn....all based on a lie...but this boards gaggle of liberal ass clowns keep lapping it up...and some of you even want her on the Democratic ticket...wow....just wow. A complete lying sack of s***; and you think she's fit to serve in the administration....

Link?

Come on guys, you know that the liberal crowd doesn't have to be consistent between what they do and say....that's for chumps...or for that matter, they don't really get bogged down with the truth of things at all...Fauxahontas made her entire career on the lie that she was native American....and entire career built on a lie...why would you think hypocrisy regarding speculating on foreclosed properties would give her pause....Blonde haired, blue-eyed and white until some time in the 80's, then suddenly she made a hit with the Ivy League crowd claiming native american ancestry....$300,000 year Harvard Salary. (ouch, evil top 4%-ter)..a position in the Obama admin, victory in the Mass senate race, U of Penn....all based on a lie...but this boards gaggle of liberal ass clowns keep lapping it up...and some of you even want her on the Democratic ticket...wow....just wow. A complete lying sack of s***; and you think she's fit to serve in the administration....

You seriously think that? :rolleyes:

Link?

This is a fact homie. Harvard, as did many Ivy League schools, had a push to hire minority professors since they had none....in wlaks Warren who has had a recent epiphany that, due to her high cheekbones, she had to be of Cherokee descent. She applied on that pretense, was hired and remained listed as a Native American on the professor roster @ Harrvard Law until she was tenured. Guess what? She's tenured now and still teaches one class at Harvard but is no longer listed as native American. Why is that? SO yeah, I'd say I do believe a BIG portion of her career is built on a lie.

Link?

This is a fact homie. Harvard, as did many Ivy League schools, had a push to hire minority professors since they had none....in wlaks Warren who has had a recent epiphany that, due to her high cheekbones, she had to be of Cherokee descent. She applied on that pretense, was hired and remained listed as a Native American on the professor roster @ Harrvard Law until she was tenured. Guess what? She's tenured now and still teaches one class at Harvard but is no longer listed as native American. Why is that? SO yeah, I'd say I do believe a BIG portion of her career is built on a lie.

To think that was a central factor in her success reflects a very distorted and naive view of Harvard or any other major university for that matter. It's incidental at best.

Its not the reason for her success, but it did open doors not afforded others with similar qualifications. It clearly propelled her career.

I think the problem is she was attacking Trump for his money making real estate deals? And to find out she does the same to a lessor extent, these people are priceless, by the way if anyone hasn't dealt with developers before a little advice , tread carefully.

I think the problem is she was attacking Trump for his money making real estate deals? And to find out she does the same to a lessor extent, these people are priceless, by the way if anyone hasn't dealt with developers before a little advice , tread carefully. Didn't Jeb Bush claim he was Hispanic ?

I think the problem is she was attacking Trump for his money making real estate deals? And to find out she does the same to a lessor extent, these people are priceless, by the way if anyone hasn't dealt with developers before a little advice , tread carefully. Didn't Jeb Bush claim he was Hispanic ?

Archived