Softball Super Regional Matchups

I thought we could have a place to talk about the other Matchups going on, starting with the Gators getting blanked by UGA on their home field for game 1. Gourley took the loss.

That pitcher for okie throws a nasty drop ball

The Sooners bombed ULaLa 8-2 and looked really good doing it.

I have a hypothetical question that's already moot this year: If a Top 8 seed loses its regional, where is the super regional played?

The Sooners bombed ULaLa 8-2 and looked really good doing it.

I have a hypothetical question that's already moot this year: If a Top 8 seed loses its regional, where is the super regional played?

I'll use a specific hypothetical so it's not confusing. The Tennessee region is in the AU super Region. If UTk had won their region & AU lost theirs then UTk would have hosted the Super Regional this weekend. If both region hosts lose their region then the Super Region goes to the regional winner who puts in the highest bid to the NCAA to host. Works the exact same way as the NCAA baseball tourney.

Will be interesting to see how the Georgia/Florida series ends. I'm not really surprised Georgia won at least 1 game. Would be huge if Florida gets eliminated and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see it happen. In fact, i would rather enjoy it. I hate florida in every sport.

Will be interesting to see how the Georgia/Florida series ends. I'm not really surprised Georgia won at least 1 game. Would be huge if Florida gets eliminated and it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to see it happen. In fact, i would rather enjoy it. I hate florida in every sport.

I'd enjoy it because if we keep winning we'd be in their section of the WCWS bracket in OKC. I'd like a path to the WCWS championship series that does not include Florida.

Yesterday's UGA win was about Chelsea Wilkinson. This baby-faced hurler seems to be able to shut anyone down at times. She locked us out for 5 innings until the Georgia coach inexplicably replaced her with Gray. We started hitting the ball solidly off Gray immediately, and got the game-winning 3-run homer in the 7th. Will Georgia pitch her again today, or rest her until a possible 3d game? (also today, I guess) Would love to see the Dogs prevail.

Yesterday's UGA win was about Chelsea Wilkinson. This baby-faced hurler seems to be able to shut anyone down at times. She locked us out for 5 innings until the Georgia coach inexplicably replaced her with Gray. We started hitting the ball solidly off Gray immediately, and got the game-winning 3-run homer in the 7th. Will Georgia pitch her again today, or rest her until a possible 3d game? (also today, I guess) Would love to see the Dogs prevail.

Games 2 and 3 are both today so might as well go for the kill & start her inb game 2 of the series.

That pitcher for okie throws a nasty drop ball

Yea, she was on point last night with it too.

Was kind of surprised to see UGA come out and blank UF. I expect UF to bounce back with a game 2 win today to force game 3. UF is just too good...

Lot so really good teams in it this year. I think any of these 16 teams could go on a run and win it all. I'll be watching on my iphone this afternoon with the ESPN app. Yes, I'll be getting work done. :-\

Wilkinson stifling the gators again. Just allowed the 1st hit for Florida in 4th inning. Georgia is the home team this game

LSU lost to James Madison in game 1 of their series 3-2.

LSU lost to James Madison in game 1 of their series 3-2.

James Madison is sneaky good...

They are good. They gave us a close loss this year

Georgia beats Florida in a walk off 2 run homer to end the gators season. 16 seed over 1 seed in a sweep. Wow!

Florida LOST 3-2 in game 2 and have been ELIMINATED.. WOW. Not all that surprised really. Georgia is good.

Florida LOST 3-2 in game 2 and have been ELIMINATED.. WOW. Not all that surprised really. Georgia is good.

Georgia definitely gave us a tough series.

Florida bats went cold at a bad time....had trouble scoring in the SEC tourney....and now in their own park....

Florida bats went cold at a bad time....had trouble scoring in the SEC tourney....and now in their own park....

because that 1 pitcher for UGA is damn good. She is the only reason our series w/ UGA was somewhat close.

because that 1 pitcher for UGA is damn good. She is the only reason our series w/ UGA was somewhat close.

Probably so but the last four pitchers UF has faced have pretty well shut them down....not looking like the #1 team the last two weeks...and now they are done.

Hoping our hitters are ready.

Probably so but the last four pitchers UF has faced have pretty well shut them down....not looking like the #1 team the last two weeks...and now they are done.

Hoping our hitters are ready.

They were never touted as a great offensive team this year anyway. They hung their hat on Ocasio & the lefty on the mound.

Oklahoma moves to the WCWS. They beat ULL in 2 games but the 7th inning had excitement. Down to final strike, ULL hit a 3 run homer to make it 7-6. They followed with a walk; and next batter, it looked like a hit going down the line off the bat but hung up there a little long and was caught for out 3 in shallow right.

Took the damnbammers 8 innings to beat Washington 2-1. Washington left 13 on base, including 2nd and 3rd in the top of the 8th.

Archived