Early list of candidates for the Baylor job.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow perception changed for baylor pretty quick. seemed like folks thought they were just all american kids with rg3 and now look. and if art is quilty of things i bet he still lands another decent paying job. and i am not sure that i agree with that.

I think Baylor would be wise to avoid hiring anyone that has worked with Briles previously.

That article leans to the overly simplistic "because Baylor recently had terrific offenses they'll go for an OC". Even if that fits their current roster talent, they're staring in the face of Bama/ Miami/Penn State - level legal issues and for a nouveau riche program (zero winning tradition pre 2010) - but tons of money - a savvy, aging, squeeky clean image coach with administrative skills makes sense during the next 3 -4 years of damage control. One that might land Mr. Monds right in our lap? :big:

Did no one see the #5 guy?

Indeed. Lashlee could be a good fit as far as coming in and understanding their offense, but would he want to risk making the jump to that place right now? Would he leave Gus in the position of having to replace him after spring ball instead of the normal offseason turnover time?

Indeed. Lashlee could be a good fit as far as coming in and understanding their offense, but would he want to risk making the jump to that place right now? Would he leave Gus in the position of having to replace him after spring ball instead of the normal offseason turnover time?

Lashlee has always wanted a bigger job, he didn't want to start out at a small school. This would be an opportunity for him and he would also probably get a longer pass due to whatever the NCAA might do to Baylor than he would at another big job. I also don't see Lashlee getting any kind of big opportunity to be a HC at a bigger school like he wants anytime soon.

If he did leave I think u would see Hand promoted to OC and Gus would work with the QBs. Wouldn't put us in too much of a bind if it did happen

Can I be the one to start the DC back to AU as the OC rumors if RL takes the job?

I just can't believe they would hire Rhett. Rhett would be a better candidate for some of the schools the other coaches mentioned would be leaving, IMO.

Lashlee has always wanted a bigger job, he didn't want to start out at a small school. This would be an opportunity for him and he would also probably get a longer pass due to whatever the NCAA might do to Baylor than he would at another big job. I also don't see Lashlee getting any kind of big opportunity to be a HC at a bigger school like he wants anytime soon.

If he did leave I think u would see Hand promoted to OC and Gus would work with the QBs. Wouldn't put us in too much of a bind if it did happen

Strictly related to football, Baylor is probably the best situation he could come into as a new head coach at a major program, primarily since Briles didn't get fired for lack of on-field results. That said, if you're Baylor, do you want such a young and inexperienced coach coming in to navigate your program through this debacle? At this point, you would think the program's top priority would be ensuring that recruits stay committed, and players do not transfer out. I would expect them to focus immediately on coaches with Texas connections, not a coach that has spent his entire coaching career in Alabama.

Can I be the one to start the DC back to AU as the OC rumors if RL takes the job?

No. It would take a new HC for that to happen. Gus & CDC will not be working together again anytime soon.

LOL, we can only hope Baylor will steal Lashlee away. Seriously, given Baylor's situation, someone like Lashlee or one of the other assistants mentioned will be the best Baylor can hope for.

There is no way Herman will even consider that job, IMO. Heck, with another good year in 2016 at Houston and if teams like Texas A&M, Texas and AU continue to struggle, Herman can take his pick.

wde

No. It would take a new HC for that to happen. Gus & CDC will not be working together again anytime soon.

If we can't do well this year, I kind of hope USCe does (even if it's not probable). If we were to get CWM as our next coach, CDC might come back then.

Of course, if we need a new coach, Herman has got to be the dream candidate.

If we can't do well this year, I kind of hope USCe does (even if it's not probable). If we were to get CWM as our next coach, CDC might come back then.

Of course, if we need a new coach, Herman has got to be the dream candidate.

Boom would not be near the top choice if a change is made.

Soon as in never again.

Soon as in never again.

I know. I was being nice about it.

LOL it's easier to win at UF than anywhere else in the conference essentially and CWM couldn't cut it even though the SEC East has been terrible lately. Why people, and South Carolina for that matter, are so high on CWM as a HC I just don't see it. Hiring Muschamp would basically be like the Chizik hire all over again. Losing track record as HC, but top of the line DC.

LOL it's easier to win at UF than anywhere else in the conference essentially and CWM couldn't cut it even though the SEC East has been terrible lately. Why people, and South Carolina for that matter, are so high on CWM as a HC I just don't see it. Hiring Muschamp would basically be like the Chizik hire all over again. Losing track record as HC, but top of the line DC.

SCe was not high on him. He was their 5th or 6th choice.

We'll see if he learned anything through that experience. South Carolina will need to be very patient, however.

Archived