Beating Clemson

tigerbrotha12

Ever since 2010, I've had an obsession with disliking Clemson. Not hating them, just strong dislike. Clemson, for some reason, gets under my skin, which is probably exactly what they like to do. I hate their cheers and I hate that they beat us in baseball and stood in the way of a plainsman park super regional in 2010. No good reason to, but I just do... so take that!

Naturally, I would very much like to beat this team.

How do you slow down Watson, and how do you keep a check on their skill players? It seems like every time we play them, one guy who has yet to make a huge name for himself has a coming out party. It was Kyle Parker and Ellington in 2010, it was Sammy Watkins in 2011, and I believe it was Tahj Boyd in 2012.

Their defense can be run on, but our success on stopping their offense will probably be the telling factor of this game.

I'm always giving us a fighting chance in Jordan-Hare on Fall Saturday nights, but what plan do you draw up to slow them down?

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dabo swinney is the #1 reason to hate Clemson. What a tool.

Do know a guy who grew up with dabo and says he is a great guy. All I see is a bama tool.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Clemson is still Auburn with a lake, and once Dabo moves on to take over for Saban in a few years, I will go back to liking them.

Do know a guy who grew up with dabo and says he is a great guy. All I see is a bama tool.

Yep. I know someone, who in the past, sat down and talked frequently with Dabo and said the exact same thing - "he's a great guy".

But I'm with you, it's hard for me to separate him from his bama ties.

I hope we beat them this fall, and Gus shows more class than Dabo did when they beat us back in 2011.

You need to be in my situation.

Military brat at graduation from high school.

Must stay in state due to money. Choices: South Carolina versus Clemson (South Carolina was my pick)

Graduate and move to Alabama to go to work

Quickly notice the fan base similarities between UAT and Clemson.

Become an Auburn fan.

I've gone back and forth on Dabo for a long time. I've heard extensive interviews he has given that have engendered a good deal of respect from me on how he runs his program. That being said, I think he is his own worst enemy. He's an unabashedly emotional coach. He's very clearly invested in everything that he does, but when his emotions boil over the edge, he comes off as childish, petty and utterly contemptible. A perfect example of this is when he threw his punter under the bus on live TV during the ACC Championship game. That about sealed the deal for me. I see the appeal though. Despite all of this, his players appear to love him. What's worrisome is that the older he gets, the better he will get at controlling his emotions, and the better football coach he will be.

As far as beating Clemson, home field advantage will help, but I expect the best player in the country will play like the best player in the country, and we won't have an answer for him. Even on my most optimistic days, I don't see Auburn winning that football game.

I am the only one that has got into a bar fight with a bunch of Clempson fans in South Carolina so I don't want to hear it.

SMDH

(and)

SMH

I am the only one that has got into a bar fight with a bunch of Clempson fans in South Carolina so I don't want to hear it.

that's a real badge of honor there, jeff

Ya mirin' bruh?

It was a joke Sherlock.

Ya mirin' bruh?

I don't know what that means, but I was just poking fun

i have wondered about dabs since he cried after beating auburn the first time.

Ya mirin' bruh?

I don't know what that means, but I was just poking fun

Ha Nevermind. Only a few gets my insanity.

As far as beating Clemson, home field advantage will help, but I expect the best player in the country will play like the best player in the country, and we won't have an answer for him. Even on my most optimistic days, I don't see Auburn winning that football game.

That guy is scary good. Got sick watching him and yelling for him against jolly reds in the championship. Knowing we started against them this year.

This game is huge, huge for the Gus Bus. Be a tone setter for the year

Ya mirin' bruh?

It was a joke Sherlock.

Somebody else that actually uses mirin'. Well done lol

Run the ball down their throat. Hit watson early and often. Win.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Clemson is still Auburn with a lake, and once Dabo moves on to take over for Saban in a few years, I will go back to liking them.

Yep. Until Dabo is gone, I'll root for them to lose every game.

yeah, Dabo is the reason to hate clemson; he brought a terrible mentality to a good school. I growed up 15 miles from clemson and the people there are pretty good people, until Dabo infected them with a tuscaloosa attitude. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I think this game may be Carl Lawson's REAL coming out party...

wouldnt that be something

You gotta imagine that a good majority of clemsons offensive planning is going to be stopping #55 from having an impact.

I hope that will also leave a lot of space for Monty, Paul James, etc to get some work done.

Archived