2017 4* WR Jhamon Ausbon (LSU commit 6/25/16)

ellitor

A top WR target for AU

Teammate & good friend of Top AU QB target Kellen Mond

Visited AU for BCW

16 Power conference offers including 5 from the SEC

Unanamous 4* & Top 140 player in the ratings

Top 50 player nationally on 2 sites

Rivals

ESPN

Scout

Soph Highlights

Free read from Rivals after BCW Link

Jhamon Ausbon visited Auburn for a second time Saturday but this time was different and the four-star wide receiver from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., liked it.

Ausbon attended the Tigers’ Big Cat recruiting event.

“It was great,” Ausbon said. “It was a good thing because you get tired of the recruiting pitch. It was more about getting to know the coaches.”

Ausbon, 6-foot-4 and 214 pounds, is planning to graduate in December and take some of his official visits this fall. He already knows he’ll be back in Auburn, preferably for a home game weekend.

“Auburn just feels like home,” he said. “Every time I come here it’s just a home feeling. The coaches are great. The players are great. It’s welcoming.”

Auburn wide receiver coach Kodi Burns is recruiting Ausbon and stressing his opportunity to come in and play early next season.

“I love him,” Ausbon said. “He’s a young guy. He’s easy to relate to. We can talk about things. We’re just two young guys.”

Ausbon plans to release a top four later this week or next. He said Auburn would be among his leaders but declined to name the other three schools.

He plans to have a decision in late October or November but may hold off on announcing a commitment until the U.S. Army All-American game in January.

“I want to take my time,” said the former Baylor commit who is originally from Houston, Texas.

Ausbon rooms with Kellen Mond at IMG. Mond, also a former Baylor commit and a native of San Antonio, Texas, is a top Auburn quarterback target. The pair have talked about playing together in college but it’s not a priority.

“We have some of the same top schools but we haven’t said we’re going to the same school. But who knows, maybe we will,” Ausbon said.

Watched his sophomore film. Sweet! He reminds me of L Treadwell of Ole Miss. He runs good routes, does not have blazing speed, but good enough. He is big and will catch the ball.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sheadixon 2h2 hours ago

A weekend visit to #LSU has the Tigers in the final two for 4-star WR Jhamon Ausbon. (VIP) http://lsu.247sports.com/Article/LSU-football-is-recruiting-Jhamon-Ausbon-harder-than-ever-45913056 …

The article is premium but the headline tells most of the story. TAMU is the other finalist & Auburn has been eliminated. Too add more salt in the would CDC has made the difference & got LSU to come in out of no where the past month due to a satellite camp in Houston.

This is also a very good indicator where things likely are with Mond & Jones too.

Since JA has eliminated AU moving this thread to the Rivals section.

Craig is killing it for LSU. Still blows my mind that Gus couldn't make it work with him at AU. An absolute ELITE recruiter.

Just committed to LSU

Link

Good news for us regarding Mond IMO. He and Ausbon were good friends, and Ausbon definitely would have recruited him to A&M.

humm interesting

Archived