2017 3* LS Bill Taylor signs with AU (Updated)

I just think it makes us look we do not know what we are doing, when we get a commitment from a long

snapper and the turds get a 4* WR with 4.3 speed. It is just an appearance but does not make

us look like we know what we are doing

The kid is the #2 ranked snapper in the country and a lifelong AU fan, what's not to like?? It's just one scholly and sounds like a win-win to me. Not to mention the fact that often our snappers start for several years, not like he won't earn that scholly.

+1

Oh and FTR our current Deep Snapper, Ike Powsell, is & has been on scholly for over a year now FWIW.

Pretty sure the great Satan at uat signed a scholarship long snapper just a couple of years ago. Plus we are stealing this one right out of their back yard! Where is al.com on this?

Hardly a theft when the kid's parents (both of them) are Auburn grads. They just happen to live and work in the tuscaloosa area.

Yeah I saw that but it doesn't fit my agenda so I ignored it

I'm guilty of that too. :Sing: But if Gus ever steals one from Saban's back yard the drinks are on me!

Current Long Snapper is on scholly, This kid fits a need as punting, field goals and extra points are keys to special teams having somebody you know will get the job done is a plus Kicker needs the ball in the right place to do their job. I am very happy to get this kid. War Eagle.On Punts i wouldn't be surprised to see this kid make a tackle or two before he is done at Auburn.

ANd i think i heard he will not be on scholarship until January 2018, when Ike's scholarship is up. So why is so many up in arms over 1 stinkin scholarship? Having a very good long snapper is very important.

I can tell it's summer...lol

We finally got a top player from Tuscaloosa. Seems like every year uat comes to our back yards and takes 1 or 2 of our guys.

Edited by auburn4ever

We finally got a top player from Tuscaloosa.

That's a positive. Good point.

Some folks seem able to put a negative spin on just about anything that looks like good news to the rest of the world.

So will bama mount a campaign to keeps this guy at home ?....stay tuned.

Some folks seem able to put a negative spin on just about anything that looks like good news to the rest of the world.

I think they must have neighbors or co-workers that are bammers and they get all upset because the low intel group might make fun of Auburn for having a deep snapper on scholarship. All then while, there's one on scholarship in Tuskaloser too. If you care or worry about what bammers say, you don't have enough important things in your life.

I think they must have neighbors or co-workers that are bammers and they get all upset because the low intel group might make fun of Auburn for having a deep snapper on scholarship. All then while, there's one on scholarship in Tuskaloser too. If you care or worry about what bammers say, you don't have enough important things in your life.

Likely true....Auburn fans living in the state of Alabama seem to be an insecure lot....always worried about what their "bammer friends" might think or say.

Though I miss the gulf coast...not missing the state of Alabama in general.

Auburn fans living in the state of Alabama seem to be an insecure lot....always worried about what their "bammer friends" might think or say.

Though I miss the gulf coast...not missing the state of Alabama in general.

The insecurity gets down right insufferable at times.

Note: I'm happy to get this kid, it could pay dividends down the road and it's only one scholarship.

Edited by keesler

I think they must have neighbors or co-workers that are bammers and they get all upset because the low intel group might make fun of Auburn

Auburn fans living in the state of Alabama seem to be an insecure lot....always worried about what their "bammer friends" might think or say.

The insecurity gets down right insufferable at times.

This explains at least 75% of the "passion" that Auburn fans have, or probably any fan of a school who is in a serious, legitimate rivalry.

Note: I'm happy to get this kid, it could pay dividends down the road and it's only one scholarship.

Agreed.

Sorry been a busy week and I haven't had much time to post this week, but I was told after he committed that he will not go on scholarship until Powell graduates. At least that is the plan for now. Everyone who keeps mentioning UaT, I may be wrong but didn't they sign a LS a couple classes back?

Sorry been a busy week and I haven't had much time to post this week, but I was told after he committed that he will not go on scholarship until Powell graduates. At least that is the plan for now. Everyone who keeps mentioning UaT, I may be wrong but didn't they sign a LS a couple classes back?

uat signed a LS in 2013. It was mentioned that they have offered a LS for this signing class. I hate to even bring them up but since uat is considered the greatest recruiting machine ever, then apparently signing a LS is not an unheard of situation. Actually, I would guess that many teams have a LS on scholarship. The only difference is that he was originally a walk on who was awarded a scholarship later. A scholarship is a scholarship no matter when it is given.

Pretty sure the great Satan at uat signed a scholarship long snapper just a couple of years ago. Plus we are stealing this one right out of their back yard! Where is al.com on this?

Oh we've been rubbing it on on bama.com.

For some reason they don't seem to care.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a big swing on a certain poster's attitude on the forum?

agree

This happened exactly on the day Coach Craig left for LSU. Hasn't changed since. I respect WDE and he has good info, but he's now officially the equivalent of CNN or FOX News. Technically tells the news, but spins everything to make Gus sound like a moron. Like people have said, UAT did this recently as well so it's no indictment on Gus, but that doesn't fit the agenda. Still appreciate everything WDE brings to the forum, I just add salt these days ;D

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a big swing on a certain poster's attitude on the forum?

agree

This happened exactly on the day Coach Craig left for LSU. Hasn't changed since. I respect WDE and he has good info, but he's now officially the equivalent of CNN or FOX News. Technically tells the news, but spins everything to make Gus sound like a moron. Like people have said, UAT did this recently as well so it's no indictment on Gus, but that doesn't fit the agenda. Still appreciate everything WDE brings to the forum, I just add salt these days ;D

This isn't true at all. My tone really really changed during the uga game last year in regards to Gus. Keeping Rhett & Hiring Kodi-Cat didn't help. We shall see what happens this year. Gus has all of his people in place. I do hope it works.

I could really care less about DC.

In fact WDE has said the DC move was best for AU, Gus, and DC.

True, but in Eagle's defense, it did appear as if WDE's distaste for Gus hit it's high point when Craig left. The timing was likely pure coincidence, but I can see why Eagle made the claim.

In fact WDE has said the DC move was best for AU, Gus, and DC.

True, but in Eagle's defense, it did appear as if WDE's distaste for Gus hit it's high point when Craig left. The timing was likely pure coincidence, but I can see why Eagle made the claim.

That's the problem with making accusations/claims matter of factly when you don't know what you're talking about.....