Character & Coe Academic status (Update 7/21/16)

ellitor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Anyone inownwhen we're likely to hear something on Coe?

Next week.

3 hours ago, grandpajay said:

Surprised there is no news on Coe

Shouldn't be. We weren't expecting to hear anything til early next week.

2 hours ago, War to the Eagle said:

Apparently, per Rivals, there is.

Keith has the same nugget for free on AU 247

Just got this txt from his coach:

"He's finished the course just waiting on NCAA to certify him"

Fwiw, Coe very well may be the gem of the class in terms of ceiling. After a couple years in the program I can see him becoming an All-SEC type defensive end with his strength and skill set. I know football isn't wrestling but it has to translate well from the mat to the field for the defensive end position when you practically wrestle with an Offensive Tackle on most every play. I look forward to following his career and hopefully he'll develop into a dominating end like I expect him to.

30 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

Fwiw, Coe very well may be the gem of the class in terms of ceiling. After a couple years in the program I can see him becoming an All-SEC type defensive end with his strength and skill set. I know football isn't wrestling but it has to translate well from the mat to the field for the defensive end position when you practically wrestle with an Offensive Tackle on most every play. I look forward to following his career and hopefully he'll develop into a dominating end like I expect him to.

I agree. Can't wait to hear he is in school very soon.

45 minutes ago, TigerWar said:

14 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I agree. Can't wait to hear he is in school very soon.

Me too, I have Coe as my sleeper/diamond in the rough/future star of the incoming class.

Coe reports Monday per 247

Four-star defensive end signee Nick Coe of Asheboro (N.C.) will arrive at Auburn on Monday and move into his dorm, his high school coach said Sunday night.

Coe completed on online science course late last week and made a 95 (A) in the class, which in theory will allow him to academically qualify and be eligible this fall.

However, the NCAA still has to clear him. Because the organization only received his transcripts a few days ago, that hasn’t happened yet.

“Auburn feels really good,” said Asheboro coach Owen George. “I talked to Auburn (defensive line coach) Rodney Garner and he said, ‘We don’t see any hangups from our end.’ Everything just got processed Friday afternoon. They have to collect everything and process it."

Just a couple days ago, Coe’s arrival date at Auburn was up in the air. Now, he’ll depart North Carolina on a flight from Raleigh at around noon ET Monday.

“Last night, Coach Garner called Nick and said they feel really good about where things stand in terms of the NCAA,” George said. “He said, ‘Let’s start making plans.’"

George and two Asheboro assistants visited with Coe early Sunday evening.

“He’s more excited than I typically see him,” George said. “He was packing and talking about things. He was kind of saying goodbye to his friends."

For Coe, getting to this point wasn’t easy. After two years of high school, his GPA hovered around the 1.5 area

“I’m excited for him,” George said. “It’s been a long process."

**Please include links and preferably articles whenever possible**

16 hours ago, TigerWar said:

Congrats to Coe.  Definitely excited about him.  However wrestlers usually make great OL not so sure about DL.  OL tries to "lock up" defensive players where DL does a lot of hand fighting to get off offensive lineman.  However his core strength being a wrestler can only help.

3 hours ago, mom2kid said:

Can we please bring in academic counselor from East Miss. Community College?

I don't get the EMCC counselor reference. Coe did not come in from there.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I don't get the EMCC counselor reference. Coe did not come in from there.

lol, watch netflix, and chill ;)

8 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

lol, watch netflix, and chill ;)

I'm chill & I;m not paying $10 to watch netflix when I can watch 99% of the content online elsewhere for free.

I believe he was recommending you take up another activity, which is also known to help you relax. 

From what I read doesn't the ncaa clearinghouse still make the final decision? I really am anxious to get this young man on campus and have him develop into what we all hope be a major PITA for offensive coordinators to deal with.

42 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

From what I read doesn't the ncaa clearinghouse still make the final decision? I really am anxious to get this young man on campus and have him develop into what we all hope be a major PITA for offensive coordinators to deal with.

Yes. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm chill & I;m not paying $10 to watch netflix when I can watch 99% of the content online elsewhere for free.

Are you always so literal? 

It was an attempt at humor and also a reference to the thread on the main forum about the netflix documentary & the counselor at EMCC.

9 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Yes they do, and until that decision is finalized it's up in the air. Coe wouldn't be the first prospect to show up on campus, join the team because "the staff feels really good about the situation" and then be in some JUCO come September.

15 hours ago, mom2kid said:

"His gpa hovered at around 1.5". Wow

Can we please bring in academic counselor from East Miss. Community College?

I need some academic counseling. Bring her on. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I need some academic counseling. Bring her on. 

lol that's funny.............you sure its for academics 

Archived