Hezekiah Jones, WR

Stafford, TX

Ht: 6'1 | Wt: 200 | 40: 4.40

• Previously committed to Baylor

CjlZYOYUUAAc3gC.jpg

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Jones gets off the line quickly and puts defensive backs in an immediate disadvantage. Sometimes he just blows right by the corner and all his quarterback needs to do is lay the ball into his hands. He has good hands and concentration and is very explosive in tight windows. He can accelerate quickly and will get open. Will be interesting to see how he will be used once he gets into college, because the slot would suite him very well, and that could be how he projects, but he is a receiver who could also play some on the outside. As a sophomore his team used him in a variety of unique ways to get his hands on the football and that is the way we think he will be best used once he gets to college.

http://www.scout.com...lysis?year=2016

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Auburn, Baylor, California, Colorado, Florida, Houston, Maryland, Miami (FL), Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ole Miss, Oregon, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas-San Antonio, Texas State, Texas Tech and UCLA, among others.

Big piece to the puzzle IMO. Hope he enjoys the visit this weekend. Hope him and Mond have plenty of private talks about coming to AU together.

Jones has terrific moves and good hands. He would be a great addition. I would love for us to pick up some TX kids.

That's a hall of fame name! I wonder if he & Mr. Mond bonded during Baylor recruiting functions?

They are very tight.

Picking up some recruits from Texas would be a big plus.

if we get Mond, it could be the start of something great

Yes, I hope we get them. It would be a big plus and something really great...and awesome.

There is so much talent in Texas it is unreal, the East Texas and Golden Triangle area specifically. A lot of the kids at the lower classes 1A-3A could easily play D1, but don't get noticed as readily as those in larger classed schools. Most are extremely poor and can't afford to camp in the larger cities like Houston or Dallas. If AU could put on a camp in one of those areas it would pay great dividends. LSU and TAMU have lived off recruits in this area for years.

There is so much talent in Texas it is unreal, the East Texas and Golden Triangle area specifically. A lot of the kids at the lower classes 1A-3A could easily play D1, but don't get noticed as readily as those in larger classed schools. Most are extremely poor and can't afford to camp in the larger cities like Houston or Dallas. If AU could put on a camp in one of those areas it would pay great dividends. LSU and TAMU have lived off recruits in this area for years.

Yep. That is why it is so crazy that Univ of Texas is sooo poor. Great school, pretty school, but they are a train wreck in football now. They should be top 5 every year.

TCU, ATM, TTU and even Houston is all at a higher level... Am I missing someone???

Even with Grobe, Baylor is still likely better than UT.

Big piece to the puzzle IMO. Hope he enjoys the visit this weekend. Hope him and Mond have plenty of private talks about coming to AU together.

Hope not.

That's a hall of fame name! I wonder if he & Mr. Mond bonded during Baylor recruiting functions?

I was half expecting to open this and see an Amish football player. Now that would be interesting. Still a cool name. Looking like aTm I suppose...

I was half expecting to open this and see an Amish football player. Now that would be interesting. Still a cool name. Looking like aTm I suppose...

maxresdefault.jpg

Kingpin_Screenshot_2.jpg

Archived