Purifoy completely clear to play 2016-17 season

ellitor

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. Maybe the naysayers that continually said "I'd be surprised if he ever suits up for Auburn" will follow through and be "surprised."

Awesome. Maybe the naysayers that continually said "I'd be surprised if he ever suits up for Auburn" will follow through and be "surprised."

I am still in that camp and you should wait until November before you ship me a couple servings of crow.

I am still in that camp and you should wait until November before you ship me a couple servings of crow.

Nope. I've ate crow before and more than willing to eat it again. Your reluctance in accepting the news is no more necessary than for me to hold off, so I guess I'm going to take the coach's words at face value.

Nope. I've ate crow before and more than willing to eat it again. Your reluctance in accepting the news is no more necessary than for me to hold off, so I guess I'm going to take the coach's words at face value.

Yup. The HC would not say officially cleared unless it was cleared already by all institutional parties involved.

Yup. The HC would not say officially cleared unless it was cleared already by all institutional parties involved.

I am the polar opposite of 64 I suppose. I eagerly anticipate watching him and his talents play.

^^This^^ but when it comes to AU you never know. I feel good about the situation

Coaches bel in jieve what they are saying but I have also witnessed too many instances where players who seemed to be a sure thing, some way or another managed to blow it. I am not pulling against him , hope he makes it.... But if you pay much attention to Auburn Athletics , you know how many times things have not worked as expected.

I give him credit however for sticking with Auburn through all of these issues . It would have been easy for him to take off to school with and more sympathetic admissions process . Hope his persistence pays off.

Coaches bel in jieve what they are saying but I have also witnessed too many instances where players who seemed to be a sure thing, some way or another managed to blow it. I am not pulling against him , hope he makes it.... But if you pay much attention to Auburn Athletics , you know how many times things have not worked as expected.

I give him credit however for sticking with Auburn through all of these issues . It would have been easy for him to take off to school with and more sympathetic admissions process . Hope his persistence pays off.

not surprised in the world to see you being the one who still doesn't believe it...

Yes but in none of those case did the HC ever say the player was officially good to go. Sure something can techinically happen where he does not play but the odds of that are around 1% IMO.

I'm with '64. I'll eat crow in November if/when he plays for Auburn. Certainly this is good news, but it ain't over until it's over. So said Yogi Berra.

I'm with '64. I'll eat crow in November if/when he plays for Auburn. Certainly this is good news, but it ain't over until it's over. So said Yogi Berra.

Agreed. No need to eat crow til he is playing in November but all signs look good at least.

This is old news. It was announced months ago that he was cleared.

Was never officially announced by Pearl or anyone with AU. Pearl felt good about chances for Danjel mid to late last season but he never said Danjel was officially cleared to play.

From the video above Dajel says he has practiced mostly at the 4 position & staff told him he will play most of the season there.

AU would not let Danjel talk to the media today if he was not cleared to play.

I don't think anybody doubts that he has the grades, today, to play. There's still a lot of time between now and November for wonky things to happen and "wonky" has been keeping close company with Purifoy since his sophomore year in high school. I've got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best, but still not optimistic.

I don't think anybody doubts that he has the grades, today, to play. There's still a lot of time between now and November for wonky things to happen and "wonky" has been keeping close company with Purifoy since his sophomore year in high school. I've got my fingers crossed and hoping for the best, but still not optimistic.

Ok. I can understand the waiting til November before getting excited about him playing but I don't get the not optimistic part given CBP has said he was officially cleared to play 2016-17 as well as the AU letting University media and AU pay sites interview him tonight. I know nothing is 100% but AU likely would not have let that interview happen if they weren't certain of his 2016-17 playing status. I guess I would understand cautiously optimistic more than not optimistic. No disrespect intended.

In hindsight I should have just posted the interview w/out a sentence before it.

Ok. I can understand the waiting til November before getting excited about him playing but I don't get the not optimistic part given CBP has said he was officially cleared to play 2016-17 as well as the AU letting University media and AU pay sites interview him tonight. I know nothing is 100% but AU likely would not have let that interview happen if they weren't certain of his 2016-17 playing status. I guess I would understand cautiously optimistic more than not optimistic. No disrespect intended.

In hindsight I should have just posted the interview w/out a sentence before it.

No your sentence was fine. It seems likely Purifoy will be available here in November. If for some unknown reason he isn't, I'm guessing the reason is irrelevant to what he has gone through at this point so no extra caution needs to be placed on him than any other player. Sounds like what happened to Purifoy is accounted for, price has been paid, and, like I said, in the past. Time to move on people.

Get your popcorn ready for showtime basketball!!

Salivating at the possibility of the 2017-2018 year to start:

PG: Harper

SG: Heron

SF: Purifoy

PF: McLemore

C: Spencer

AND have guys like DeSean Murray, Bryce Brown, Austin Wiley, and New Williams ready to go! That's a lineup baby.

EDIT: Davion Mitchell also ready to go??? That's three 5 stars, an-already-big-time-NBA-prospect, and an experienced big man over 6'8!! I know, I know, I'm looking way ahead and a lot can happen but my goodness the prospect of watching that in Auburn Arena is so exciting! Let's go dancing this year and get ready for a championship the next year!!

Good interview I for one am looking forward to seeing this young Auburn Man on the floor. His been waiting a year to get on the court. Like I said earlier I got a good feeling things are going to be alright.

AND have guys like DeSean Murray, Bryce Brown, Austin Wiley, and New Williams ready to go! That's a lineup baby.

EDIT: Davion Mitchell also ready to go??? That's three 5 stars, an-already-big-time-NBA-prospect, and an experienced big man over 6'8!! I know, I know, I'm looking way ahead and a lot can happen but my goodness the prospect of watching that in Auburn Arena is so exciting! Let's go dancing this year and get ready for a championship the next year!!

I would not be surprised to see Spencer at PF instead of Mclemore and Wiley at Center as the starting Lineup

I would not be surprised to see Spencer at PF instead of Mclemore and Wiley at Center as the starting Lineup

Nor Davion winning the job at point w/ Harper only 1 year ahead of him.

We are going to be very small. And I can't do anything but smh at him playing 4. Not preparing him for the NBA at all...I actually feel bad for him

Archived