QB Coaching

corchjay

I'm sick of Auburn fans bashing Auburn coaches... Evidence of good coaching... Let the man do his job!!

Freeze*

Arkansas State

Sun Belt

QB

Malzhan *

Arkansas State

Sun Belt

QB

Aplin

Auburn

SEC

JR

QB

Auburn

SEC

SR

QB

Marshall

Auburn

SEC

QB

Newton

Tulsa

CUSA

QB

Tulsa 2008

Tulsa

CUSA

QB

Tulsa 2007

Auburn

SEC

JR

QB

Auburn

SEC

SR

QB

Chris Todd before Malzhan and with Malzhan

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what I'm sick of jay? AU fans being good with 7 win seasons.

And lol Jeff.

Now WDE, Gus just needs a few more years to get this whole "head coaching in the SEC" job down. Be patient, we'll know in a few years if he's in over his head or not.

You know what I'm sick of jay? AU fans being good with 7 win seasons.

And lol Jeff.

Now WDE, Gus just needs a few more years to get this whole "head coaching in the SEC" job down. Be patient, we'll know in a few years if he's in over his head or not.

It is only June. Thanks for the reminder kees.

sorry about the formatting fellas. But I'm sick of entitlement. What have you done today to make Auburn a better place? When fall rolls around you have the opportunity to bitch and complain about what the coaches are doing. But my goodness we have what, 4-5 new coaches. How about we give them some support? How about we stop bashing coaches that work their tails off for our university with out continually embarrassing us in the media or by their personal behavior? How about since IT'S ONLY JUNE, we give it a couple months break and see what happens in September. Like I've said before Gus will be here a minimum of this year and next. If he is unable to get to around 9-3 one of those seasons he will be gone. If he does he will hang around a bit longer. That's how the coaching world works. Auburn needs stability now!!!

sorry about the formatting fellas. But I'm sick of entitlement. What have you done today to make Auburn a better place? When fall rolls around you have the opportunity to bitch and complain about what the coaches are doing. But my goodness we have what, 4-5 new coaches. How about we give them some support? How about we stop bashing coaches that work their tails off for our university with out continually embarrassing us in the media or by their personal behavior? How about since IT'S ONLY JUNE, we give it a couple months break and see what happens in September. Like I've said before Gus will be here a minimum of this year and next. If he is unable to get to around 9-3 one of those seasons he will be gone. If he does he will hang around a bit longer. That's how the coaching world works. Auburn needs stability now!!!

giphy.gif

The gall of some people to have a discussion on a discussion board. This is a discussion board and not a pep rally, you got to be able to handle that and for the love of God don't ever follow a game day thread, if this upsets you so much. WDE

I understand what you mean jay but times/money has changed things in the last 10 years. Gus is making over $3.8 million a year so expectations are going to be high. Auburn should always be at least a 9/10 win team a year with the talent we have year end and year out. Gus is the head coach/boss the QB play is all on him. If he wins he'll have all the support Auburn people can give but 7/8 wins a season doesn't cut it. Personally I think we go 6-6 at best if we get off to a 1-3 at the start of the season the wheels may start falling off but if we start 3-1 then look out. I pray Gus works out I like him and know he is a good person and a good representative for Auburn. We all want Auburn to be successful. I do understand your frustration but it is what it is.

I'm not happy with 7 wins either. But for now Gus is our coach and should get the respect of that position. And we wonder why we have kids flip to bama. Look at how our own fans act about our coaches just think how the other fans act about ours.

Just like with coach Steele he was the best thing since sliced bread going to LSU... They had a decent defensive season and were young up front now he can't coach a lock and glad that Auburn took him off their hands. Now aranda is the best. Why don't we get behind our coaches like that?

I'm not happy with 7 wins either. But for now Gus is our coach and should get the respect of that position. And we wonder why we have kids flip to bama. Look at how our own fans act about our coaches just think how the other fans act about ours.

Every fan base has a segment that bags on their coaches. It's not exclusive to AU. It's human nature to have some look at things that way. Our fans have no bearing on some kids flippiing to Bama
Just like with coach Steele he was the best thing since sliced bread going to LSU... They had a decent defensive season and were young up front now he can't coach a lock and glad that Auburn took him off their hands. Now aranda is the best. Why don't we get behind our coaches like that?
I don't think anyone in any fan base including LSU's thought he was the best thing since sliced bread especially after the Clemson-WVU 70-33 Orange Bowl beat down in 2012. Good yes to some fans, sliced bread no.

I want to know what people are drinking to think Jimbo Fisher is some kind of home run hire? He had one great year with a Heismam QB, and he plays in one of the weaker conferences in the country and enjoys a better recruiting base and class than most anyone else in his own conference. He has already shown he hasn't much integrity with his handling of, and constant excuses for Jameis Winston.

I want to know what people are drinking to think Jimbo Fisher is some kind of home run hire? He had one great year with a Heismam QB, and he plays in one of the weaker conferences in the country and enjoys a better recruiting base and class than most anyone else in his own conference. He has already shown he hasn't much integrity with his handling of, and constant excuses for Jameis Winston.

I have not seen anyone say he would be a home run hire for us, just that he would get a call if Gus is let go.

I 100 percent agree with you. Now if you want to bag on a HC, he definitely would be one. He gets a good amount of talent, year in and year out and plays in a weak conference like you said. I hate that we honestly choked away our lead against famous Jameis. FSU should definitely be in dynasty mode.

Gus 2nd year as Auburn's head coach showed he was in over his head. (8-5 & 4-4). And in his 3rd year, there's no doubt about it. (7-6 & 2-6)

Gus 2nd year as Auburn's head coach showed he was in over his head. (8-5 & 4-4). And in his 3rd year, there's no doubt about it. (7-6 & 2-6)

This is fun

This is fun mind-numbingly old.

FIFY

you the man a4e

Archived