QB Coaching

corchjay

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carl's presence is more than absorbing double teams. He is a vocal leader out there. However, he would have been a late rounder last season due to his lack of being able to stay on the field.

Bruh...you aren't a NFL draft guru like meta-condescending-richard...who takes time from his NFL draft job to post on Auburn forums...bruh.

This is on the topic of QB coaching how?

I thought this was the "beat all the dead horses" thread :dunno:/>

Fire Jay Jacobs?

And more seats...oh heck...this just became a4es dream thread!!! :lmao:/>

We need more linebacker commits per year and with higher stars!

Also, fire Ellis Johnson...I mean VanGruder...I mean Ted Roof...

So..it's expected to be the best year we've seen on DL in a long time. If that happens, is it in spite of RG? You guys can't have it both ways.

Yet most of us agreed 2010 was in spite of Chizik.

Yet some chose to have it both ways.

So you have no answer then? Got it.

Most have no answer for why 2010 happened. Other than signing Cam.

RG has done no different.

So..it's expected to be the best year we've seen on DL in a long time. If that happens, is it in spite of RG? You guys can't have it both ways.

So confirming no answer. What's funny is I posted the question to the whole forum. You're the only one who took exception to it. Dangit, I'm ruffling again :laugh:

So confirming no answer. What's funny is I posted the question to the whole forum. You're the only one who took exception to it. Dangit, I'm ruffling again :laugh:

So what are you confirming? Other than Garner falling short of what Missouri has put in the pros the last 3 seasons.

Most of you all ARE horrible when it comes to the draft though, meta wasn't lying about that

Carl's presence is more than absorbing double teams. He is a vocal leader out there. However, he would have been a late rounder last season due to his lack of being able to stay on the field.

Bruh...you aren't a NFL draft guru like meta-condescending-richard...who takes time from his NFL draft job to post on Auburn forums...bruh.

Ask IronMan70

Nope, wrong again. War Knight asked the right person and that would be you. You brought this stuff up on page 2 and started arguing with Mikey about it over 3 days ago. I see you're still going at it.

Ask IronMan70

Nope, wrong again. War Knight asked the right person and that would be you. You brought this stuff up on page 2 and started arguing with Mikey about it over 3 days ago. I see you're still going at it.

My bad. You and Mikey tag-teamed.

Doesn't matter who spews it. Garner under-develops, FACT.

Without Cam, 2010 never happens, freshman RB never even gets opportunity to be the bcs mvp, our fanbase wouldn't be so crazy, Gus would not be the Head Coach right now. Cam and his desire to be great was everything. Everyone knew what we were going to do, they just couldn't stop Cam. I saw somewhere in a thread that Gus was responsible for Cam being better because hew saw the spring game, the spring game where Cam was not allowed to run, and the season and he saw improvement. Cam studied and also got more comfortable in the offense after having only 15 practices in it in the spring.

So does Gus get the credit for Cam's desire to be great, some say yes. Cam got better in Gus' offense, Gus did not make Cam a better QB fundamentally, in fact I am not sure that Gus worked on any of the flaws in Cam's delivery, footwork, etc. He had to go to a QB guru for before his pre-draft workout, the combine, etc. to secure being the #1 pick

Without Cam, 2010 never happens, freshman RB never even gets opportunity to be the bcs mvp, our fanbase wouldn't be so crazy, Gus would not be the Head Coach right now. Cam and his desire to be great was everything. Everyone knew what we were going to do, they just couldn't stop Cam. I saw somewhere in a thread that Gus was responsible for Cam being better because hew saw the spring game, the spring game where Cam was not allowed to run, and the season and he saw improvement. Cam studied and also got more comfortable in the offense after having only 15 practices in it in the spring.

So does Gus get the credit for Cam's desire to be great, some say yes. Cam got better in Gus' offense, Gus did not make Cam a better QB fundamentally, in fact I am not sure that Gus worked on any of the flaws in Cam's delivery, footwork, etc. He had to go to a QB guru for before his pre-draft workout, the combine, etc. to secure being the #1 pick

Lmao. Almost every single high draft QB works with a QB guru before the combine. What does this prove? I guess all college coaches suck at coaching QBs. For if it proves that Gus can't coach QBs, then it has to mean the same for all other coaches too, right?

Ask IronMan70

My bad. You and Mikey tag-teamed.

Doesn't matter who spews it. Garner under-develops, FACT.

It's time to let it go. You are now arguing with almost everyone on this thread. Take a break.

:popcorn:/> :popcorn:/>

I didn't think PBR paired well with popcorn

Actually kind of an antique concept, deemed collectable by certain eclectics,

http://www.k-bid.com...n/9304/item/153

but an appropriate mood-setter for the right entertainment

http://brightestyoun...we-call-theatre

:popcorn:/> :popcorn:/>

I didn't think PBR paired well with popcorn

Actually kind of an antique concept, deemed collectable by certain eclectics,

http://www.k-bid.com...n/9304/item/153

but an appropriate mood-setter for the right entertainment

http://brightestyoun...we-call-theatre

Exactly

• 2 weeks later...

Just got thru watching the first half of the jax state game last year.  I never got to see it.  The announcer said something that was a fair appraisal and insightful.  The trouble with Auburn,  in regard to JJ,  is that Auburn is a play action offense that likes to throw the ball vertically down field.  Unfortunately throwing the ball downfield is not JJ's strong suit, it might not even be in his skill set.   He is great at short passes, swing passes, flair passes, terrible downfield.  If he could master Cam's fake run, then pull up and pass the ball downfield, that's just a maybe.  I hope he gets a shot at QB this year, his heart is in it and you have to respect the man he is. 

1 hour ago, macauburn said:

Just got thru watching the first half of the jax state game last year.  I never got to see it.  The announcer said something that was a fair appraisal and insightful.  The trouble with Auburn,  in regard to JJ,  is that Auburn is a play action offense that likes to throw the ball vertically down field.  Unfortunately throwing the ball downfield is not JJ's strong suit, it might not even be in his skill set.   He is great at short passes, swing passes, flair passes, terrible downfield.  If he could master Cam's fake run, then pull up and pass the ball downfield, that's just a maybe.  I hope he gets a shot at QB this year, his heart is in it and you have to respect the man he is. 

It was a strength in high school & Gus & Rhett expected that to continue in college. His big weaknesses are staring down WRs & gets frustrated somewhat easily.

Throwing downfield is what jj does best. Like E said staring down wr and I will say reading defenses. But I will also say IMO all of our qb's since Gus has been here could have been better at not forcing the ball to the number 1 read. None as bad as jj though, well KF and Clint Mosley maybe

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2016 at 4:44 PM, corchjay said:

sorry about the formatting fellas. But I'm sick of entitlement. What have you done today to make Auburn a better place? When fall rolls around you have the opportunity to bitch and complain about what the coaches are doing. But my goodness we have what, 4-5 new coaches. How about we give them some support? How about we stop bashing coaches that work their tails off for our university with out continually embarrassing us in the media or by their personal behavior? How about since IT'S ONLY JUNE, we give it a couple months break and see what happens in September. Like I've said before Gus will be here a minimum of this year and next. If he is unable to get to around 9-3 one of those seasons he will be gone. If he does he will hang around a bit longer. That's how the coaching world works. Auburn needs stability now!!!

Maybe you should go be a Vandy fan and celebrate mediocrity with them.  You want a good stat. Here is one, NOT ONCE has Gus EVER recruited a high school QB and turned them into anything!  Arkansas he inherited a QB.  Tulsa he inherited a QB.  First year at Auburn he inherited a QB, then brought Cam in from JUCO, Later neither Mosley or Trotter did anything note worthy an Kiehl Frazier, the first next Cam Newton, oh yeah, BUST.  Arkansas State he inherited a QB.  Back to Auburn, Nick Marshal JUCO, then Jeremy Johnson the next Cam Newton(please forget Kiehl Frazier) BUST, Sean White uhhhhh, we are not sure where the elite 11 mvp fits in the offense than supposedly needs a DT QB.  Bring in JF3 another JUCO that has been coached by someone other than Auburns staff and the college level. 

Seems to me Gus wins when he has a QB he hasnt had to develop straight out of high school.

Toomer Street you do know that Cam played at Florida before Auburn under Myers and couldn't make the grade. What Gus did is give Cam an offense that he could win with. First few games in 2010 did not look well. Gus made some changes to Cam's strength and then they became dominant. To say Gus did not do something with him or Nick who played DB at Uga is either sarcastic or pure insane. Take a chill pill and go watch uat players try on some suits. WDE

On June 22, 2016 at 5:22 PM, DAG said:

leave gus alone!!

leave-britney-alone-o.gif

My favorite gif.

Jay, you talk about our coaches like they're volunteers. These men are paid exorbitant amounts of money to coach football. Both criticism and acclaim come with the territory. Bless your heart for attempting to defend their honor but I really do think your energy would be best used toward other pursuits. These are grown men and they do not( and should not) care what any of us think or say about them.

On July 28, 2016 at 9:38 PM, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Toomer Street you do know that Cam played at Florida before Auburn under Myers and couldn't make the grade. What Gus did is give Cam an offense that he could win with. First few games in 2010 did not look well. Gus made some changes to Cam's strength and then they became dominant. To say Gus did not do something with him or Nick who played DB at Uga is either sarcastic or pure insane. Take a chill pill and go watch uat players try on some suits. WDE

For the record... Cam leaving Florida had nothing to do with grades.  He left because Tebow came back for his senior season... Cam was actually in good standing at UF when he left (grades and football)...

IMO criticism is fine but it should have some logic and common sense. With that said coaches are professionals and they can handle it. I would not worry too much about there emotions or feelings. They know what they have signed up for. 

Archived