Full AU decommit & Commit retention numbers breakdown

ellitor

247 has it going back to 2012. I imagine it will be pretty accurate going forward.

*Data & stats only reflect public commits.

*Signees reflect only players who came in on scholarship

2017 (1)

4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU)

2016 (5)

4* WR Nate Craig-Myers (recommitted)

4* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama)

4* CB Jamarcus King (USCe)

3* ATH Stephen Davis Jr (could recommit & enroll at AU next week)

3* DE David Marshall (UGA)

2015 (3)

4* CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss)

4* RB D'Anfernee McGriff (Juco Via Florida)

3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford)

2014 (2)

4* C Josh Casher (Bama)

3* DT Dalvon Stuckey (Zona St then Juco)

2013 (10) New staff just hired at AU

5* LB Reuben Foster (Bama)

4* DT Dee Liner (Bama then Arky St)

4* LB Trey Johnson (tOSU then career ending injury)

4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU)

4* WR Jauay Savage (TAMU then Louisville)

4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson & other commits between)

4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss)

3* LB Jarrad Davis (Florida)

3* S Lemond Johnson (Tennessee)

3* ATH Jahmere Irvin-Sills (Miss St)

Signed but did not enroll

4* WR Jason Smith (AU by way of juco)

4* WR Earnest Robinson (Juco)

2012 (6)

5* RB TJ Yeldon

4* WR Ricardo Louis (recommitted)

4* OT Will Latu (signed w/ Arky St)

3* DT Darius Philon (Arky)

3* WR Alex Taylor (Apparently never signed)

3* OG Michael Flint (Arky St)

4* WR JaQuay Savage (prep, TAMU, Louisville)

3* TE Darrion Hutcherson (Juco them Miss St)

Commit Retention Rates

-2017 Pending: 9 commits, 1 decommit, 90%

-2016 Pending: 16 enrollies, 5 decommits, 1 recommit, 3 waiting to enroll, 1 signee not enrolling for a while but counts, 67%, goes up to 83% when Barrett, Coe, and Character enroll & if SDj enrolls

-2015 27 enrollies, 3 decommits, 90%

-2014 24 enrollies, 2 decommits, 92%

-2013 25 enrollies, 10 decommits, 2 signees not enrolled, 67%

-2012 19 enrollies, 6 decommits, 2 signees not enrolled, 70%

Overall

120 enrollies, 34 not enrolled, 78%

Recommit rate

3 out of 26, 11.5%

247 has it going back to 2012. I imagine it will be pretty accurate going forward.

*Data & stats only reflect public commits.

*Signees reflect only players who came in on scholarship

2017 (1)

4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU)

2016 (5)

4* WR Nate Craig-Myers (recommitted)

4* DT Quinnen Williams (Bama)

4* CB Jamarcus King (USCe)

3* ATH Stephen Davis Jr (could recommit & enroll at AU next week)

3* DE David Marshall (UGA)

2015 (3)

4* CB Tony Bridges (Ole Miss)

4* RB D'Anfernee McGriff (Juco Via Florida)

3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford)

2014 (2)

4* C Josh Casher (Bama)

3* DT Dalvon Stuckey (Zona St then Juco)

2013 (10) New staff just hired at AU

5* LB Reuben Foster (Bama)

4* DT Dee Liner (Bama then Arky St)

4* LB Trey Johnson (tOSU then career ending injury)

4* DE Tashawn Bower (LSU)

4* WR Jauay Savage (TAMU then Louisville)

4* ATH Jayron Kearse (Clemson & other commits between)

4* RB Jordan Wilkins (Ole Miss)

3* LB Jarrad Davis (Florida)

3* S Lemond Johnson (Tennessee)

3* ATH Jahmere Irvin-Sills (Miss St)

4* WR Jason Smith (AU by way of juco)

4* WR Earnest Robinson (Juco))

2012 (6)

5* RB TJ Yeldon

4* WR Ricardo Louis (recommitted)

4* OT Will Latu (signed w/ Arky St)

3* DT Darius Philon (Arky)

3* WR Alex Taylor (Apparently never signed)

3* OG Michael Flint (Arky St)

3* TE Darrion Hutcherson (Juco them Miss St)

Commit Retention Rates

-2017 Pending: 9 commits, 1 decommit, 90%

-2016 Pending: 16 enrollies, 5 decommits, 1 recommit, 3 waiting to enroll, 67%, goes up to 83% when Barrett, Coe, and Character enroll & if SDj enrolls

-2015 27 enrollies, 3 decommits, 90%

-2014 24 enrollies, 2 decommits, 92%

-2013 25 enrollies, 10 decommits, 2 signees not enrolled, 67%

-2012 19 enrollies, 6 decommits, 2 signees not enrolled, 70%

Overall

120 enrollies, 34 not enrolled, 78%

Recommit rate

3 out of 26 decommits, 11.5%

I dont remember 2013 being that bad. Don't even remember half the names.

I do. I remember it well. Some happened after Chiz was fired, others before he was fired.

2012 and its final product overshadows 2013 I guess. I only remembered that 2013 was the year of Lawson, Monty, Elijah Daniel and the Alexander brothers.

JaQuay Williams

Lol. He changed his name to JaQuay Savage. The only reason I did not put his former last name in parenthesis is because I had parenthesis for new school.

Also the link you posted was from December 2, 2012. He had just fished his 1 semester in prep school. That's 10 months after he originally signed w/ AU on February 1, 2012 as part of AU's 2012 signees.

Biggest punch to the gut for y'all?

For me, it was Yeldon. Not that he was our next Heisman winner or even All-American. He was committed to us for a while. Then on NSD, first thing that morning, a bammer bud texts me that they're getting Yeldon. Called him a liar, claimed he was trolling me, and interrogated him as to where he got his info. Can't recall who from, but I knew he was lying.

#2 had to be Evans.

#3 Foster.

Honorable mention, Kouandjio. Actually, he beats out Evans for biggest gut punch because he announced AU on NSD.

JaQuay Williams

Lol. He changed his name to JaQuay Savage. The only reason I did not put his former last name in parenthesis is because I had parenthesis for new school.

Interesting. Did not know that. Considering how his College career has progressed, don't blame him.

I do. I remember it well. Some happened after Chiz was fired, others before he was fired.

Bower was the one that caught me off guard. After the last trip he had to AU, on his own dime, I thought he was solid. As for Foster, I'm not sure I ever counted him anyway. A little shocked you didn't have a double * by Philon. Wasn't he committed to bama and they told him he would be gray shirted on signing day or something like that.

As Auburn fans we should not be hating on these NSD flips. I mean, when Saban and his plausible deniability posse are telling these parents to add zeros to their checks, I'd probably flip too.

For me, it was Yeldon. Not that he was our next Heisman winner or even All-American. He was committed to us for a while. Then on NSD, first thing that morning, a bammer bud texts me that they're getting Yeldon. Called him a liar, claimed he was trolling me, and interrogated him as to where he got his info. Can't recall who from, but I knew he was lying.

#2 had to be Evans.

#3 Foster.

Honorable mention, Kouandjio. Actually, he beats out Evans for biggest gut punch because he announced AU on NSD.

TJY flipped in mid-December. Two takeaways: the 2012 class was bad (recruits obviously saw what was coming), but man the 2013 class was a spectacular job by Gus.

#2 had to be Evans.

#3 Foster.

No mean intent meant but he flipped to Bama almost 2 months earlier than NSD & did it on the last day before quiet period which lasted through his early enrollment to Bama in early January. http://www.al.com/sp..._tj_yelden.html

Bower was the one that caught me off guard. After the last trip he had to AU, on his own dime, I thought he was solid. As for Foster, I'm not sure I ever counted him anyway.

Staff had cooled on Bower after hitting a home run on Elijah Daniel's OV & feeling good about him. We would have taken Bower if he wanted to sign but we were not all in after him after feeling good about ED.

A little shocked you didn't have a double * by Philon. Wasn't he committed to bama and they told him he would be gray shirted on signing day or something like that.

Yes all that happened but I only listed decommits from AU & the colleges they actually went to or signed with.

Bower was the one that caught me off guard. After the last trip he had to AU, on his own dime, I thought he was solid. As for Foster, I'm not sure I ever counted him anyway.

Staff had cooled on Bower after hitting a home run on Elijah Daniel's OV & feeling good about him. We would have taken Bower if he wanted to sign but we were not all in after him after feeling good about ED.

A little shocked you didn't have a double * by Philon. Wasn't he committed to bama and they told him he would be gray shirted on signing day or something like that.

Yes all that happened but I only listed decommits from AU & the colleges they actually went to or signed with.

And for all we know Philion tried to get back in AU's class but was denied by Chiz. If I remember correctly the day after his decommitment we filled his spot with a DT that eventually left the program for medical reasons. Tyler Nero???

And for all we know Philion tried to get back in AU's class but was denied by Chiz. If I remember correctly the day after his decommitment we filled his spot with a DT that eventually left the program for medical reasons. Tyler Nero???

1. He did try but he had already burned his bridge with us. 2. Impressive Stew. Yes DP decommitted 8/1/11. Nero committed 8/2/11 in what was considered an upgrade rankings wise.

I believe that's correct. Tyler works at my place of employment now.

#2 had to be Evans.

#3 Foster.

No mean intent meant but he flipped to Bama almost 2 months earlier than NSD & did it on the last day before quiet period which lasted through his early enrollment to Bama in early January. http://www.al.com/sp..._tj_yelden.html

Had the date wrong. Just recall he "flipped" the "final" day, which as you posted, was the last day prior to the quiet period.

Greatest joy I got with Yeldon was when Lawson "flipped" him on 4th & 1 in the 2013 IB.

THAT'S when I started calling him "Flip Yeldon."

As Auburn fans we should not be hating on these NSD flips. I mean, when Saban and his plausible deniability posse are telling these parents to add zeros to their checks, I'd probably flip too.

I always thought you were part bammer. Thanks for admitting it, now at least we all know.

I always thought you were part bammer. Thanks for admitting it, now at least we all know.

Ok princess

I remember 2013 because we were already in dire straights for linebackers and lost three good ones in the coaching transition. Foster and Davis have done well, and Johnson was about as highly regarded as a player can be. Yes, Johnson got injured early in his college career but injuries are not predictable at recruiting time.

As for the informative list: Somebody somewhere is getting paid to do a lot of research! I'm glad it's posted here but I'd hate to be the person who has to dig through all of that information to make the list!

I remember 2013 because we were already in dire straights for linebackers and lost three good ones in the coaching transition. Foster and Davis have done well, and Johnson was about as highly regarded as a player can be. Yes, Johnson got injured early in his college career but injuries are not predictable at recruiting time.

As for the informative list: Somebody somewhere is getting paid to do a lot of research! I'm glad it's posted here but I'd hate to be the person who has to dig through all of that information to make the list!

Thanks Mikey! 247 provided the decommit & signee info. I just did the numbers stuff because it's what I like to do. As I did it I thought about you because I know all this stuff interests you on some level like me.

wasnt there an RB/ATH committed to us for the 2017 class from the same school as Jeff Holland? I cant remember his name but he committed early. I think his last name started with a B.

wasnt there an RB/ATH committed to us for the 2017 class from the same school as Jeff Holland? I cant remember his name but he committed early. I think his last name started with a B.

It was Blu or Blue. Cant remember his first name though.

***edit***

It was Jalin Buie but I remember some questioning if he had a commitable offer and he committed without actually being told he was a take?

It was Blu or Blue. Cant remember his first name though.

***edit***

It was Jalin Buie but I remember some questioning if he had a commitable offer and he committed without actually being told he was a take?

that's him! that would explain him not being on the list.

Archived