Jf3 vs OMac

bigbird

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I realize JF3 was brought in to compete for the QB position, but he would thrive in OMac's role. I believe that having SW as QB with Jovon as RB and JF3 as the speed/slot player would allow Gus to utilize the misdirection aspect of his O and open up a lot of running and passing lanes. Thoughts?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I realize JF3 was brought in to compete for the QB position, but he would thrive in OMac's role. I believe that having SW as QB with Jovon as RB and JF3 as the speed/slot player would allow Gus to utilize the misdirection aspect of his O and open up a lot of running and passing lanes. Thoughts?

Agreed. Just hope Gus realizes this.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

:dunno::no::rolleyes::glare::headscratch:

As far as JF3 and OMac comparison. Not sure.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I just think that the threat of the QB running has to be part of that mix. I would thing the RB from Baylor in the Omac role and JF3 at QB would give us three solid running options on any one play. Two of the guys are so quick is that you only need a moments hesitation for them to be past the defender and Jovon has already shown he has great ability to run to daylight. I think it would remind us of the running game from 2013.

Outside of the A day game I have no idea on JF3 passing other than what I have read here.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

Agreed. Just hope Gus realizes this.

Gus? Isn't Rhett the OC? :party:

The only problem with having JF3 and Martin in the same backfield is that their running strength is in the same area, the outside. The reason OMac was so good is the threat from Cam's inside power.

The only problem with having JF3 and Martin in the same backfield is that their running strength is in the same area, the outside. The reason OMac was so good is the threat from Cam's inside power.

I think Martin is going to be ok between the tackles.

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

:dunno:/> :no:/> :rolleyes:/> :glare:/> :headscratch:/>

As far as JF3 and OMac comparison. Not sure.

OMac ran 4.34 at combine. JF3 ran 4.28 at AU's 40 testing day. They could be wrong, but I'm just relaying the available stats.

So you think they could be a Marshall/mason type relationship?

If JF3 is as electrifying as we have been hearing then it would be interesting to see him in the Omac role. Maybe the idea of him at QB is to get the ball in the hands of our best athlete as much as possible? =)

JF3 isn't no Marshall.

JF3 isn't no Marshall.

Shhh! You're not supposed to say that to the JF3 pushers.

If Gus utilizes his talent right, there is no reason why we shouldn't have a successful offense with all the playmakers we have on the offensive end. If SW is behind the pocket, there should be a ton of options for some quick hitters to get the ball outside to the flats and let our athletes work. We do not always have to go for the home run.

You can still use both as outside running threats, eg. Triple Option from a 2 back set:

options02.jpg

This way, both players attack the "Outside", but JF3 attacks more inside than Kam and forces the defense to make a decision.

Also doesn't necessarily mean that they have to attack the same part of the field. For example, we line up like this:

0724.kuchar1.jpg

JF3 lined up as QB. Jovon offset behind and to the right at RB. Kam lined up in the slot on the same side as Jovon (the Y position).

Y comes in motion for a speed-sweep threat. If the DB covering the Y doesn't motion with him, give him the ball. Let's say he doesn't get the ball - QB and RB run a read option, reading the strong side DE. Let's say the DE chooses to defend the RB, QB now has an open lane on the outside.

The "Triple Option" can be run from almost any formation, yet that play will provide running threats in the left, right, and center of the D while also providing 2 options for Play Action fakes.

ETA: Not saying that this can't be run with another QB, but it's been covered on here before that JF3 is the most dangerous running threat of the QBs

JFIII is OMac/Grant fast and y'all can leave it at that instead of debating thousandths of a second. If you require evidence then just google his name + "track". Dude is world class.

JFIII is OMac/Grant fast and y'all can leave it at that instead of debating thousandths of a second. If you require evidence then just google his name + "track". Dude is world class.

He is. Just not 4.28 fast. Retarded for AU to even say so.

You can still use both as outside running threats, eg. Triple Option from a 2 back set:

options02.jpg

This way, both players attack the "Outside", but JF3 attacks more inside than Kam and forces the defense to make a decision.

Also doesn't necessarily mean that they have to attack the same part of the field. For example, we line up like this:

0724.kuchar1.jpg

JF3 lined up as QB. Jovon offset behind and to the right at RB. Kam lined up in the slot on the same side as Jovon (the Y position).

Y comes in motion for a speed-sweep threat. If the DB covering the Y doesn't motion with him, give him the ball. Let's say he doesn't get the ball - QB and RB run a read option, reading the strong side DE. Let's say the DE chooses to defend the RB, QB now has an open lane on the outside.

The "Triple Option" can be run from almost any formation, yet that play will provide running threats in the left, right, and center of the D while also providing 2 options for Play Action fakes.

ETA: Not saying that this can't be run with another QB, but it's been covered on here before that JF3 is the most dangerous running threat of the QBs

Yes, thats a posibility, but having 8 men in the box makes defending the triple Option much easier...and having no passing threat dictates 8 or more in the box every time.

JF3 isn't no Marshall.

Shhh! You're not supposed to say that to the JF3 pushers.

Well the double negative actually means JF3 is Marshall. Just saying.

He is. Just not 4.28 fast. Retarded for AU to even say so.

Well AU does this every Spring with their "speed tests". They have guys in the 4.2s & 4.3s every year that aren't that fast. They had Corey at a 4.11 2 years ago.

"In fact the double negative has led to proof positive. I'm afraid you gave yourself away"

Jf3= 6'0 Omac = 5'11

JF3 = 175 Omac = 170

Jf3 = 4.28 OMac = 4.34

I'll say this, the fact that he's bigger, is rumored to like contact, and is likely as fast or faster than O-Mac makes me love the idea of him taking a speed sweep now and again.

options02.jpg

0724.kuchar1.jpg

Yes, thats a posibility, but having 8 men in the box makes defending the triple Option much easier...and having no passing threat dictates 8 or more in the box every time.

These formations lend naturally to quick passes, specifically to WR screens. For example, instead of handing off to the Y, wait and throw it out to him instead. By the time he gets the ball, the X and ZE receivers will have established blocks. It if a defender starts to play the pass, it will open up the run.

Quick slants would also be effective, because the defense would be leaving their DBs on an island.

But that requires a very accurate QB. Nothing worse than a quick slant thrown behind the WR. Very easy way to have a pick returned.

Archived