2017 Recruiting Thread (Updated 1/24/17)

ellitor

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

Great work E.  Other than a few typos.  See lines for Tyron & Wooten.  

Thanks. Think I fixed all the typing & spacing issues.

1 minute ago, lkeel75 said:

Great job @ellitor!!  I was not criticizing, just OCD in me.

It didn't even come across as a critique. You were goods about it.

7 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Looks like we have real work to do on the DT front

There is good news & bad news there. The good news is we are basically looking to sign just 1 right now. Bad news is this is a weak DT class in the South overall.

1 hour ago, PikesEagle said:

E, what is the latest on Daquan Newkirk (if any).  I thought he was still a top target for us?

Won't graduate in time. 2018 class.

Where are we in national rankings so far? I would think we are getting closer to the top 10. My guess is that we will finish somewhere around 5-8 place. This would be fine by me. I have always thought that if we are in the top 12 year in and out, we will be able to compete for the SEC West and overall all title on a consistent basis.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Where are we in national rankings so far? I would think we are getting closer to the top 10. My guess is that we will finish somewhere around 5-8 place. This would be fine by me. I have always thought that if we are in the top 12 year in and out, we will be able to compete for the SEC West and overall all title on a consistent basis.

Top 5 would require a big on field season to sway some guys leaning in other directions. On the 5 major rankings including the composite we are 11, 11, 12, 13, & 15. Our per player fead average on each site though is between 7 & 9.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Do we have a thread on Drew Singleton? The #2 OLB. Saw on Twitter he visited and fell in love with AU. 

No. Michigan is still the heavy favorite

• 2 weeks later...

E - how convinced are you that Carlito Gonzalez will end up in this recruiting class? With Jordyn Peters likely coming on board tomorrow and other guys higher up on the board, is he still a priority for this coaching staff? I just don't remember hearing his name at Big Cat Weekend, the Cookout, or out there recruiting for Auburn...

13 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

E - how convinced are you that Carlito Gonzalez will end up in this recruiting class? With Jordyn Peters likely coming on board tomorrow and other guys higher up on the board, is he still a priority for this coaching staff? I just don't remember hearing his name at Big Cat Weekend, the Cookout, or out there recruiting for Auburn...

Haven't heard any others higher on the staff's board than Carlito. It's possible but I have not seen, heard, nor read it. As for Peters the staff likes him almost as much at CB as Safety so he would not necessarily push CG out. Also Keith posted a free read yesterday about him recruiting for AU.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 2:40 PM, ellitor said:

Updated OP. Made a lot of changes & additions. Check it out.

E, are there any recruits that you think are heavy leans to AU, but are just waiting til the season ends and will commit towards the end of the year or sooner?

Thanks for any update.

14 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

E, are there any recruits that you think are heavy leans to AU, but are just waiting til the season ends and will commit towards the end of the year or sooner?

Thanks for any update.

I don't think there are any heavy leans right now except maybe Britt.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I hope that's true. After a good LB recruiting year two seasons back we fell off the wagon with only ONE LB signed in the 2016 class. This year we need three to maintain, four plus to gain.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks, just tired of seeing the ESPN ticker come across every weekend with another Turd commitment or two, and we've been sitting stagnant on 13 for a while now. Wish business would pick up a little bit on commitments.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I hope that's true. After a good LB recruiting year two seasons back we fell off the wagon with only ONE LB signed in the 2016 class. This year we need three to maintain, four plus to gain.

The plan is to take 4 my friend. We have 2 now and are in a good position to land two of 4 others: Britt, Ignont, Monty Rice, and Tyler Taylor.

Archived