JF3 in Netflix Documentary- airing 7/29

Sorry AUwent I wasn't replying specifically to you in that post. I read couple of post that implied Jf3 was offered as an athlete and I can assure you that is not the case. Are yall basing this over that documentary?? I dont like comparing him to NM, but do yall think NM would thrive in a throwing first offense like they ran at that JC? I must have been drunk when I heard the coach say he could be the best qb they have had. JF3 has certainly been in good spirits since arriving here and is definitely wanting to get coaching and improve his game.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO after two episodes, havent seen anything damning or all that positive from JFIII. Maybe its bc my dads a HS Coach, but none of the comments or attitudes are bad to me. IDK.

I think he definitely could have had an attitude adjustment since entering the plains.  From all accounts, he seems to be working very hard and meshing with his teammates. I am also partial to a DT-QB and wanting JF3 to succeed. However, the attitude he displayed on the documentary just did not sit right with me. Of course, if there was an issue, I imagine we would've heard about it right now. Perspective and time changes everything. He did really want to be at Auburn and showed it by displaying his athletic abilities on the field when Lashlee showed. Again, perspective is everything. The team was not good at all and there wasn't much throwing.

On a side note, how about that jerk of coach? He was directly responsible for what led up to that melee. Him and the opposing coach absolutely were at fault.

1 hour ago, Auhud08 said:

IMO after two episodes, havent seen anything damning or all that positive from JFIII. Maybe its bc my dads a HS Coach, but none of the comments or attitudes are bad to me. IDK.

Watch the full season. 

I watched this a few days prior to the documentary coming out. Brandon talks about JFIII being brash when the coaches aren't around at the 12:45 mark. He pretty much says the same thing as austudnt23, that a lot of players do it. JFIII was one of the best students on the documentary and has a lot of family support. He should be good at throwing the bubble screen passes and the deep ball to an athletic receiver. I swear our deep ball philosophy is throw it high and let our receiver make the play. 

I don't see us passing over the middle or hitting slants on the regular with JFIII which case I hope Gus has something planned besides bubble screens and the deep ball off play-action fake for him.

This offense doesn't even throw slants or any complicated route assignments for that matter. I can't help but to laugh at this thread though, put a camera on every kids move and what you think you're going to get? Over 70% of the players on the football team were a holes when I was at Auburn. T-Rob one of the biggest ones and everybody loved him.....lol make this dude a villain though

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

This offense doesn't even throw slants or any complicated route assignments for that matter. I can't help but to laugh at this thread though, put a camera on every kids move and what you think you're going to get? Over 70% of the players on the football team were a holes when I was at Auburn. T-Rob one of the biggest ones and everybody loved him.....lol make this dude a villain though

This. Some of these posters need to chill out for real.

37 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

This. Some of these posters need to chill out for real.

You're the one getting all emotional about it. FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THUS FAR, he isn't proficient at completing ANY passes. Hopefully that changes later in the show. Judging by his stats for the year and the fact he played backup at a juco, I'm not sure if it will. No he didn't take my girl but you're acting like you're his. Get off his jock, Bruh. This thread is about him- what else do you want me to talk about? You're taking something personally that you really shouldn't and it's a bad look for you.

51 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

You're the one getting all emotional about it. FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN THUS FAR, he isn't proficient at completing ANY passes. Hopefully that changes later in the show. Judging by his stats for the year and the fact he played backup at a juco, I'm not sure if it will. No he didn't take my girl but you're acting like you're his. Get off his jock, Bruh. This thread is about him- what else do you want me to talk about? You're taking something personally that you really shouldn't and it's a bad look for you.

I don't even know what to say to this. I was upset posting cause I know the dude and he is nothing like yall making him out to be. Not even really about just JF3, its about some fans judging and thinking they better than people. I dont think i played with one player in any of the sports i played that didnt talk trash about the coach one time pr another. Btw lol u at u trying to talk smack back over the computer. I wasn't even trying to take a shot at you with the stealing your girl comment I was just wondering why yall judging him over a documentary that's whole basis was basically creating drama.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I don't even know what to say to this. I was upset posting cause I know the dude and he is nothing like yall making him out to be. Not even really about just JF3, its about some fans judging and thinking they better than people. I dont think i played with one player in any of the sports i played that didnt talk trash about the coach one time pr another. Btw lol u at u trying to talk smack back over the computer. I wasn't even trying to take a shot at you with the stealing your girl comment I was just wondering why yall judging him over a documentary that's whole basis was basically creating drama.

Wow... This has devolved quickly. Lol at me responding to you? Ok. Who here has said they're better than anyone else? You said it yourself that you're posting on emotion and it's showing. 

1 minute ago, chimesAU said:

Wow... This has devolved quickly. Lol at me responding to you? Ok. Who here has said they're better than anyone else? You said it yourself that you're posting on emotion and it's showing. 

Dude I am not directing my posts at you except the part when I said I wasn't trying to take a shot. I don't even remember who was posting CGM made a mistake by recruiting JF3 because of his attitude they saw from the show. I was posting on emotion last night because he was getting unfair criticism. If you want to say he can't throw or is not a qb that's cool, but don't get in the computer and bash the kid saying he is a bad teammate and disrespectful etc. Over  what u saw in some documentary. Chimes I am not directing this at you and sorry I wasn't trying to take shots.

4 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

Bruh, I would not go down this road. There are some people who are going to defend no matter what, even if you aren't trying to take shots at their folks. I would just ignore it. From what I perceived from the DOC. JF3 is a hard worker with a good support system. To me, it looks like he is doing the most trying to fit in. Personally, who gives a crap what the masses do, it is okay to rise above all that other stuff. JF3 clearly was not struggling with grades and seemed to have the right people around him, therefore it seems plausible to expect him to be above the BS. To me he was a character because of the camera being there. 

And I know some of you folks on here love to throw the word hater around because you listen to a little bit of future, but I am a staunch JF3 supporter, but it is what it is. Blue is the biggest JF3 supporter and even he can be realistic about what he has seen. Does this mean he is like this at AU? No. Does this mean this is his true character? Nope However on the documentary, he came off very unfavorable. And yes I know 80% of the other kids did as well too. Are 80% of the other kids going to AU?

Dag

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bruh, I would not go down this road. There are some people who are going to defend no matter what, even if you aren't trying to take shots at their folks. I would just ignore it. From what I perceived from the DOC. JF3 is a hard worker with a good support system. To me, it looks like he is doing the most trying to fit in. Personally, who gives a crap what the masses do, it is okay to rise above all that other stuff. JF3 clearly was not struggling with grades and seemed to have the right people around him, therefore it seems plausible to expect him to be above the BS. To me he was a character because of the camera being there. 

good post. JF3 is cocky, that's the one area he was portrayed correctly imo. I sure don't want a qb playing for Auburn that lacks confidence.

11 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Dude I am not directing my posts at you except the part when I said I wasn't trying to take a shot. I don't even remember who was posting CGM made a mistake by recruiting JF3 because of his attitude they saw from the show. I was posting on emotion last night because he was getting unfair criticism. If you want to say he can't throw or is not a qb that's cool, but don't get in the computer and bash the kid saying he is a bad teammate and disrespectful etc. Over  what u saw in some documentary. Chimes I am not directing this at you and sorry I wasn't trying to take shots.

No worries and I do understand where you're coming from. I'm not trying to "hide behind a keyboard" and trash some kid or imply that I'm better than anyone.  I hope JF3 is a freakin superstar for us and a leader from day 1- Lord knows we need it.

12 minutes ago, chimesAU said:

No worries and I do understand where you're coming from. I'm not trying to "hide behind a keyboard" and trash some kid or imply that I'm better than anyone.  I hope JF3 is a freakin superstar for us and a leader from day 1- Lord knows we need it.

Oh I know u wasn't trying to hide behind the keyboard and trash him. I admit that the show didn't make him look like the best of teammate. Any player in the country that had a camera following them all day would have looked the same way though. Also a college kid with a camera following him all day you know he is trying to look hard and cool for the camera. JF3 is not like the way that show made him look. Both his former college coaches endorsed him and told our coaches he would be a perfect fit here. Speaking of that show what happened to the big dl that wanted the Auburn offer? It never said where he signed.

I was really just trying to cut this off by informing people he is not a bad character guy. I just know the first time he struggles people are gonna start saying he is struggling because he has bad character and point to the show as their reasoning for saying it.

I think its important to remember that he signed with FSU out of high school. JF has abilities, they just didn't match the JUCO coaches system. AAMU has a dual threat JC transfer QB that played in a traditional offense at the JC. His JC stats weren't good, but our coaches saw he wasn't in a fitting system. He comes here, and tears up the conference until injuries to he and the OL piled up. 

As far as JF's attitude...I cant take up for that. At times, he seems very immature and cocky. Almost Manziel-like, but that could also be because of his surroundings. 

I hope he works out at AU. He'll be in a different culture and environment, so I don't expect that attitude to be the same. 

i hated the attitude. I just like to see a QB be more of a leader. But lets be real. I'm pretty sure most of those guys were there for only 1 purpose. to get an offer from a 4 year school. The coaches i'm sure are also aware..I highly doubt most of that stuff would go down with the major programs.

11 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Let me first say that it has to be obvious to some by now that i am partial to JF3. I admit i like the dude and he has been real cool to me the times we have talked etc. I am not trying to make this personnal with any posters, but I feel I needa take up for JF3 with some people on here taking shots. He did everything asked of him in school on the show and was never a problem with the lady counsellor.  I am gonna say this once again about the talking bout coaches and play calling, this is something that is happening at Auburn, Alabama, and every other school in the country during every practice and game. He had a camera on him at all times. I mean come on how many of yall talk trash about your boss when he leaves the room? Also when it comes to on field ability, some of yall gonna be surprised imo. The offense they ran at the JC was a dip and dunk short intermediate route offense with hardly any read option or designed qb runs. There offense is nothing like the offense that we run. In a read option offense where the qb needs to scare the defense with his legs and be able to go deep he will be just fine. Some of yall need to chill judging a dude that had a camera on him at all times trying to catch any type of drama.

I hope you are right.  This documentary seems to contradict what has been posted about JFIII in terms of attitude since he has been at AU.

21 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I hope you are right.  This documentary seems to contradict what has been posted about JFIII in terms of attitude since he has been at AU.

I can say for absolute fact that JF3 is a good teammate and doesn't have character issues. My opinion has to do with the on field performance which I think he will be a player for us. JF3 is a perfect fit for the style of offense we run. He didn't fit the FSU scheme or the JC scheme well. Both coaches told our coaches he would be perfect for our offense though. His accuracy does need to improve which it has been over the summer. If he gets the accuracy to say a NM level then the sky is the limit for JF3 at Auburn. JF3 is pretty accurate and good at throwing the deep ball which is a must for us. He needs improvement on the short and intermediate routs which he is sporadic at throwing meaning some are perfect throws and some not so good. We just need him to be more consistent on those. 

7 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Watched the whole documentary.   in open space he is good.   His ball security  WHEN/IF he tucks   is questionable

JF3 is a dynamic runner, better than NM imo. NM was a magician with the read though.  Coaches have been working JF3 hard for him to learn to master the ball fake and knowing when to run and when to hand the ball off.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JF3 is a dynamic runner, better than NM imo. NM was a magician with the read though.  Coaches have been working JF3 hard for him to learn to master the ball fake and knowing when to run and when to hand the ball off.

JF3 looks like one of the fastest players in pads I've ever seen. Ever.

Archived