JF3 posts a passing workout this morning

TitanTiger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I guess....but always easier when nobody is running after you....or trying to cover the WR.   

After last year, it's going to be the middle of second quarter of the Clemson game before I have any confidence in our QB selection.    Until then....it's just all talk.

Looks like he is putting in some work - awesome to see, if he can be an accurate passer, combined with his speed and athleticism he could be something special.

I love is hard work ethic and I hope he is successful in wherever the AU staff places him, though it is seemingly pointed towards him being behind center.

This is our QB this year. Great to see him putting in the work on his own before fall practice starts. This is what will win him the starting position.

This guy definitely has the requisite work ethic and speed. I'm pulling for him. 

I love the work ethic and enthusiasm. That's for sure. However, he's indoors....against air and with a jogging WR.  I think I might just be able to do that.  Just sayin'. 

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yeah I guess....but always easier when nobody is running after you....or trying to cover the WR.   

After last year, it's going to be the middle of second quarter of the Clemson game before I have any confidence in our QB selection.    Until then....it's just all talk.

I do like that he wasn't just doing simple drop backs and throwing though.  He was running to different spots and quickly turning and firing.  I know, I know...pads, live action, etc.  But it's encouraging nonetheless.

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's putting in the effort to win the job. Got to give credit where it's due

That is good to see because I expect the other guys are at the beach enjoying the sunshine and girls . Good to have someone who really wants the job.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

I love the work ethic and enthusiasm. That's for sure. However, he's indoors....against air and with a jogging WR.  I think I might just be able to do that.  Just sayin'. 

Highly doubt that.

Love to see the work being put in. I want a QB that takes the position and doesn't look back.

That said,  his front foot seemed to miss his target but he was able to compensate his lower end mechanics with his arm.

47 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That is good to see because I expect the other guys are at the beach enjoying the sunshine and girls . Good to have someone who really wants the job.

His girlfriend is a knockout can't blame him..................................j/k about the can't blame him

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Love to see the work being put in. I want a QB that takes the position and doesn't look back.

That said,  his front foot seemed to miss his target but he was able to compensate his lower end mechanics with his arm.

He looks like he has a long wind up too. As short as he is that worries me (see Russell Wilson) but no doubt i love his work ethic.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, our quarterback issue from the Mississippi State game and onward was as much to do with our "experienced" receiving corps catching the drop-itis as it did QB play.

That said, I like JF3's work ethic, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered before anointing him as starting Quarterback 

8 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, our quarterback issue from the Mississippi State game and onward was as much to do with our "experienced" receiving corps catching the drop-itis as it did QB play.

That said, I like JF3's work ethic, but there are still a lot of questions to be answered before anointing him as starting Quarterback 

As I understand, he posted the video.....so looks like he is campaigning for the job perhaps.     Despite my joking comment, I know all the guys are working hard to win the starting position and nice to see that he is pretty accurate...even if just in a practice drill.  

Hoping for the best from all three candidates and hoping the coaches read the "tea leaves" correctly when they make their choice for the Clemson game.   That is not a game to be experimenting around .....looking for a starter.

Awesome that this young man is focused on getting better, awesome that he has desire and awesome he is doing his part. Now it is up to CGM to put the young man in a position to win games and not in a position to fail. :-\ :-\ :-\

These Hudl highlights from last year make you feel more comfortable with JF3's passing ability. He is a more accomplished passer than we might have realized as he shows several well thrown passes. Of course it also shows his running ability and his tremendous speed. The first 5+ minutes are all running plays, then it gets into his passing.

Coincidentally, there is even a pass play identical to that A-Day play which might indicate a planned back shoulder pass. It was definitely worth the watch, the kid has game. I had figured SW would have the advantage but now I'm thinking SW might have a fight on his hands.

42 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

These Hudl highlights from last year make you feel more comfortable with JF3's passing ability. He is a more accomplished passer than we might have realized as he shows several well thrown passes. Of course it also shows his running ability and his tremendous speed. The first 5+ minutes are all running plays, then it gets into his passing.

Coincidentally, there is even a pass play identical to that A-Day play which might indicate a planned back shoulder pass. It was definitely worth the watch, the kid has game. I had figured SW would have the advantage but now I'm thinking SW might have a fight on his hands.

Meh!

Archived