2017 5* ATH JaCoby Stevens (LSU 8/8/16)

ellitor

8 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Rudy done it couple games. Right? And might again this season. 

I don't recall Rudy playing both sides of the ball in the same game other than the one game where the switch happened.  Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I thought he was a running back.  They needed him so he switched in one game and never looked back.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't recall Rudy playing both sides of the ball in the same game other than the one game where the switch happened.  Of course, my memory isn't what it used to be, but I thought he was a running back.  They needed him so he switched in one game and never looked back.

Rudy switched to corner before the 2013 season began as a freshman. He did get a few carries as a RB in the 2013 Western Carolina game where he did quite well but so did everybody else that played in that game.

Maybe you are combining Rudy and Trovon Reed's position change.

7 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Myles Jack played RB and LB on a consistent basis...didn't really work out well for him.

I would disagree with that. He put up some monster numbers when they needed him on offense and then gomake 10+ tackles a game

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I would disagree with that. He put up some monster numbers when they needed him on offense and then gomake 10+ tackles a game

Very true but he ended up hurt his whole senior year.  His versatility still helped his draft stock some but he fell completely out of the first round.

4 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Very true but he ended up hurt his whole senior year.  His versatility still helped his draft stock some but he fell completely out of the first round.

That was due to a severe knee injury though I believe. If he stayed healthy he was likely a top 10 pick.

11 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I would agree with your disagreement of my statement to the extent that he was successful on the field. My statement was really more about how playing both offense and defense may have contributed to his knee injury.

That is the quote I had read E!!! Thanks for your diligence in keeping us updated in these matters.

34 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Jacoby looks like a safety to me. Either that or a big-bodied corner. He could definitely play wide out, I just think he would be well used as a safety here. 

He is definitely big bodied. I want him so bad..

:lmao:

JS is becoming a name to watch very closely. At worst we are running 2nd. Kid loves the idea of playing both ways. I have been told this will probably end up AU vs UGA battle.  

30 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

JS is becoming a name to watch very closely. At worst we are running 2nd. Kid loves the idea of playing both ways. I have been told this will probably end up AU vs UGA battle.  

Always enjoy your posts 23. Glad to see u back posting often these days!

11 hours ago, thaitopher said:

I would agree with your disagreement of my statement to the extent that he was successful on the field. My statement was really more about how playing both offense and defense may have contributed to his knee injury.

That's preposterous. I disagree with your disagreement of my disagreement of your original post! 

Seriously though. I do think Myles Jack was a stud. I hope the knee is heeled. He'll be great watch

16 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Stealing Stevens and Parks would be down right nasty. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Stealing Stevens and Parks would be down right nasty. 

Parks?

Yeah getting Steven's and Parks would be nice WDE.. I haven't heard much on Parks I will ask about him though since he just visited. To add something about Steven's apparently UAT is very much in the picture also. I just asked about Steven's again about an hour ago and was told that Auburn and UAT are thought to be his top 2 atm but UGA will be a player also.

Gordie Lockbaum finished 3d in the 1987 Heisman playing offense, defense & special teams for the College of Holy Cross. If Irvin had not bolted he may eventually have been a terrific two-way candidate IMO.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Gordie Lockbaum finished 3d in the 1987 Heisman playing offense, defense & special teams for the College of Holy Cross. If Irvin had not bolted he may eventually have been a terrific two-way candidate IMO.

Huh? Tim Irvin? He was only playing Nickel for us as far as I know.

That's what he played for us in the one year he was here. He left so quickly it's hard to say - he was recruited on both O or D by several top colleges coming out of high school and I saw him as a Percy Harvin type that (has we chosen to go there) could have been used in many versatile ways. Maybe not.  

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

That's what he played for us in the one year he was here. He left so quickly it's hard to say - he was recruited on both O or D by several top colleges coming out of high school and I saw him as a Percy Harvin type that (has we chosen to go there) could have been used in many versatile ways. Maybe not.  

Possubly but AU only recruited him for & liked him at nickel &/or safety.

21 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

Yeah getting Steven's and Parks would be nice WDE.. I haven't heard much on Parks I will ask about him though since he just visited. To add something about Steven's apparently UAT is very much in the picture also. I just asked about Steven's again about an hour ago and was told that Auburn and UAT are thought to be his top 2 atm but UGA will be a player also.

Thanks 23. Parks is a stud. 

BREAKING: No. 1 athlete for 2017 has said Aug. 8 he will announce his college football choice.

It was a 3 team race between AU, UGA, & LSU. Bama made a massive more the past couple of weeks & likely leeds here unfortunately.

Archived