2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

4_3860036.jpg

Sebastian, FL (Sebastian River)

Ht 6-5 Wt 255

Visited AU July18-19

AU recruiting him at the Buck to place Carl which will be an important hole if Carl goes pro.

28 major conference offers including 8 from the SEC

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jarez talks about 1st AU visit

Jarez Parks isn’t just an Auburn target, he’s an elite recruit and the top-50 prospect from Sebastian River (Fla.) visited the Tigers for the first time on Monday and Tuesday to get a feel for the program.

Apparently, he liked what he saw.

“Great schools,” Park said. “Like how they have the quick system, everything flowing pretty well. It seems like a good machine. Beautiful campus, nice dorms. It was a really good visit.”

He added, “It was just a really great overall visit. If I went to pinpoint things, it was all the same basically. Just really, really good.”

The 6-feet-5, 255-pound Parks is the No. 48 overall recruit nationally in the 247Sports Composite and the No. 4 weak-side defensive end.

“Mostly they like my speed an how I’m diverse,” Parks said. “If they need me at certain other positions, then I’ll fit the criteria. Mostly that my physique, it would just help out.”

Auburn likes him at buck linebacker. That’s a major spot of need in the cycle for the Tigers, who badly need an elite pass rusher in the class. His role would be similar to that of junior Carl Lawson.

“Basically they just want me to do what I’m programmed to do,” Parks said.

While at Auburn, Parks got to spend time with several coaches, one of them being defensive line coach Rodney Garner.

“Great dude,” Parks said. “He’s so cool. I love his energy. He makes you feel like— a real cool uncle, so let’s say. Like one of your cool uncles. You’ve always wanted something like that. It makes you feel at home basically. I didn’t expect him to be that tall, but he’s a pretty cool coach.”

Tight ends coach Scott Fountain is his area recruiter.

“Great energy,” Parks said. “He’s always there, basically. If you need him, he’s there. I love that how much he’s interested in me.”

Parks also met several Auburn players during the visit.

“I talked to Byron (Cowart) on (Monday) night,” Parks said. “Pretty cool dude. Honestly, he was telling me the goods and the bads of being in the recruiting process as he was when he was in high school, and basically just trying to help me out with the best decision that’s possible.”

According to Parks, he’ll give the Tigers a good look.

“They’re definitely in my options,” he said.

Might a return trip to Auburn happen — possibly for an official visit?

“Possibly,” Parks said

Don't think so. AU has been on him quite a bit longer than before now. Plus he appears to be pretty open.

Someone is going to get a potentially special player with Parks. He has impressive size and a great motor.

16 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

How would they count him in the desired numbers @ellitor?  As a DE or a LB... or do they actually have a space specifically reserved for a Buck?

They have to have space for a quality Buck because Carl is likely leaving this year. My guess is he would count as 5th LB since he is very adamant about wanting to be recruited as a LB & not DE.

• 6 months later...

just got 2 foggy crystal balls from 2 fsu guys. Really wish we could of locked him down for a official last week.

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

just got 2 foggy crystal balls from 2 fsu guys. Really wish we could of locked him down for a official last week.

Maybe this is regarding the rumor commits are jumping ship in Gainesville.  Perhaps we should swing by Millbrook and see if Zech Byrd wants to consider playing TE for the home team, now that we are looking for real TEs.

It is probably to late for Byrd because he still hasn't seen us use the TE, so it would be a gamble.

25 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

So I assume Parks won't be visiting us?

There's been nothing on him from any side in over a week other than an update that he may not sign on NSD.

5 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe he will end up being Auburn' s next Elijah Daniel but without the off field arrest and theft issues. 

What do you mean?

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What do you mean?

If I remember correctly, Elijah Daniel was someone we got at the last minute and no one knew we were even recruiting him when he signed with us.

6 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

If I remember correctly, Elijah Daniel was someone we got at the last minute and no one knew we were even recruiting him when he signed with us.

We did get him last minute but we had been making a move the prior 2 weeks.

9 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Swapped him for Tashawn Bower if I recall. We lost on that deal, as TB started the last few years at LSU and ED well....

Yup. Garner liked ED better & had a close family connection.

8 minutes ago, mike650h said:

Are we going to try and pick up Parks now? or let him slide?

We are going ALL IN to get him....

Archived